[updated] Smart Ultra & Pro *7* are on the horizon

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

It looks like the release of this phone is getting closer - UK stockists are already selling TPU cases for it:
http://www.italkonline.co.uk/vodafone-smart-ultra-green-line-wave-hybrid-skin-case-protective-jelly-cover-p-221537.html

Look...

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=tr&u=http://shiftdelete.net/vodafone-smart-ultra-7-ozellikleri-ve-fiyati-71817&prev=search

basliksiz-1-1464165967.jpg

More...

http://cihaz.tv/vodafone-smart-7-teknik-ozellikler-fiyat-cikis-tarihi/

Smart Pro 7:

More Smart Pro 7:

SmartPro7.PNG

Smart Ultra 7:

Vodafone Turkey's Smart Ultra 7 product page :) :

http://www.vodafone.com.tr/smart7/smart-ultra-7.html

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest anafernandes27

Smart ultra is not going to be the "top" phone anymore. There will be a new one called Vodafone Smart Pro 7.

Guest LiNe171

Low specs compared to the other phones.. Like Ana said, wont be a top phone.

There's a release date on pro 7? And price? Interesting phone.

Guest Frostyjim

Pity they didn't release a high spec 5" model. 5.5" is too big for my liking. There's a lot of unused space around the screen too.

Guest BlueMoonRising
2 hours ago, LiNe171 said:

Low specs compared to the other phones.. Like Ana said, wont be a top phone.

There's a release date on pro 7? And price? Interesting phone.

I can't see any release date but you can pre-order the Smart Ultra 7 at ₺899 (£209 rounded up), the normal price is listed as ₺1099 (£255 rounded up), no price for the Pro version (whatever that may be). All phones get replaced but these are aimed at a higher price bracket so they're not a direct replacement, more an augmentation of their product line.

I can't decide if they're good news or bad news as regards Marshmallow for ours, I suppose a convincing argument could be made either way.

Guest anafernandes27

The 5'' model is the Smart Prime 7. I don't know if it is the only one.

I read Pro 7 is a version of Alcatel Idol 4s. I just hope Vodafone doesn't go crazy on the price.

Guest BlueMoonRising
10 minutes ago, anafernandes27 said:

The 5'' model is the Smart Prime 7. I don't know if it is the only one.

I read Pro 7 is a version of Alcatel Idol 4s. I just hope Vodafone doesn't go crazy on the price.

The Smart Prime 7 is pretty low rent and spec though at £75. Read my post above yours for the Smart Ultra 7 prices.

Guest russy1982

Smart Ultra 7, doesnt really offer anything new over this phone, except 6.0 out the box, now the Pro looks a nice bit of kit, but im also a user the wouldnt want another 5.5" screen (i have little hands) but it seems to be getting the norm

Guest anafernandes27
The Smart Prime 7 is pretty low rent and spec though at £75. Read my post above yours for the Smart Ultra 7 prices.

The prices can't just be converted, from what I heard. Things are more expensive in Turkey.

Honestly, I don't think they can sell Ultra 7 for the same price that Ultra 6 had when it came out. A year ago, 16gb/2gb was pretty good, specially for that price; now it's pretty "normal". I think they have to reduce its price, so they can sell Pro 7 at a fair value. First, because it will have to cost less than the "original" (Alcatel Idol 4s). Second, because I think that people who have €300-€400 to spend on a phone will either spend a bit more and buy the Samsung galaxy S something or the new iPhone or an LG G something, or they will go for a phone that costs €300-€400, but they wont choose an "unbranded" phone (Vodafone), when they have brands like OnePlus, Xiaomi, BQ that sell good phones in that price range.

So, I really hope they don't go crazy, cause I actually liked this phone 😂

Now, about the Pro 7: nice specs, it's good they started using gorilla glass, and also that they finally started putting the speakers in the front of the phone, not the back like Ultra 6.

From what we know, I would just perfer soft keys like Ultra 6 (not like Ultra 7, cause I don't like that home button 😂).

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

It would make very little business sense to ramp the price of the budget range/priced SU7 up from the price of the SU6, from ~£115-130 (Argos to Voda store price range for SU6) to a silly price, north of £200 - that defeats the entire exercise of "flagship" specs at a budget price. Not gonna happen, especially when you look at the SU7 specs and see how little variation there is between it and the SU6; Vodafone are not idiots, they want a clear and seamless upgrade path for SU6 owners.

As you said, currency conversion is not as cut and dried as typing a foreign RRP sum into Google and converting to GBP - it doesn't work like that, It'll be ~£130-140 ish maximum, I'd think. As for the "Pro" model, no thank you - I have never desired AMOLED (euccch!) nor silly res screens, compounded by the fact that the 3,000mAh battery seen in the video specs is the same as the SU6, and it's got to drive MORE pixels ... yeah, no thanks, and I don't much fancy screen burn or any of the other detractors of AMOLED which no one ever cares to mention when raving on about how "amaaaazeballs" it is - it really ain't - people just go all gooey and excited about it because of black levels and "power saving" - spare me all that hogwash - IPS has been and will be tried and tested for a VERY long time to come.

SU7 for me :) (unless Marshmallow comes out for the SU6 FIRST)

Guest BlueMoonRising
19 hours ago, anafernandes27 said:

The prices can't just be converted, from what I heard. Things are more expensive in Turkey.

Honestly, I don't think they can sell Ultra 7 for the same price that Ultra 6 had when it came out. A year ago, 16gb/2gb was pretty good, specially for that price; now it's pretty "normal". I think they have to reduce its price, so they can sell Pro 7 at a fair value. First, because it will have to cost less than the "original" (Alcatel Idol 4s). Second, because I think that people who have €300-€400 to spend on a phone will either spend a bit more and buy the Samsung galaxy S something or the new iPhone or an LG G something, or they will go for a phone that costs €300-€400, but they wont choose an "unbranded" phone (Vodafone), when they have brands like OnePlus, Xiaomi, BQ that sell good phones in that price range.

So, I really hope they don't go crazy, cause I actually liked this phone 

Now, about the Pro 7: nice specs, it's good they started using gorilla glass, and also that they finally started putting the speakers in the front of the phone, not the back like Ultra 6.

From what we know, I would just perfer soft keys like Ultra 6 (not like Ultra 7, cause I don't like that home button ).

No, it's never as simple as just converting ₺ to £ but that's all we've got at the moment as regards pricing. That said was the SU6 not selling for around the equivalent of £117 in Turkey?

Guest lmod
20 hours ago, russy1982 said:

So if we had marshmallow on SU6 it would be the SU7..

That pretty much says we're not getting Marshmallow on SU6 :(

Guest Frostyjim
47 minutes ago, lmod said:

That pretty much says we're not getting Marshmallow on SU6 :(

Someone may manage to port it over if things are very similar.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest macbreakweeklyfan
On 5/27/2016 at 1:44 PM, anafernandes27 said:

It would make very little business sense to ramp the price of the budget range/priced SU7 up from the price of the SU6, from ~£115-130 (Argos to Voda store price range for SU6) to a silly price, north of £200 - that defeats the entire exercise of "flagship" specs at a budget price. Not gonna happen, especially when you look at the SU7 specs and see how little variation there is between it and the SU6; Vodafone are not idiots, they want a clear and seamless upgrade path for SU6 owners.

As you said, currency conversion is not as cut and dried as typing a foreign RRP sum into Google and converting to GBP - it doesn't work like that, It'll be ~£130-140 ish maximum, I'd think. As for the "Pro" model, no thank you - I have never desired AMOLED (euccch!) nor silly res screens, compounded by the fact that the 3,000mAh battery seen in the video specs is the same as the SU6, and it's got to drive MORE pixels ... yeah, no thanks, and I don't much fancy screen burn or any of the other detractors of AMOLED which no one ever cares to mention when raving on about how "amaaaazeballs" it is - it really ain't - people just go all gooey and excited about it because of black levels and "power saving" - spare me all that hogwash - IPS has been and will be tried and tested for a VERY long time to come.

SU7 for me :) (unless Marshmallow comes out for the SU6 FIRST)

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Please ignore previous post - forum bug.

Smart Ultra 7:

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest macbreakweeklyfan
49 minutes ago, LiNe171 said:

For me Vodafone phones are a waste of money. You need to change phone every year.. Just buy a decent phone.

Yes, hence iPhones were invented :)

2 hours ago, LiNe171 said:

For me Vodafone phones are a waste of money. You need to change phone every year.. Just buy a decent phone.

What do you mean change phones every year? You only change phones if you want to change phones. Just like how your s7 will serve you well, so will the su6. It's not like this phone will suddenly look out of place in a few years, and if it does then the s7 will also.

Guest LiNe171
What do you mean change phones every year? You only change phones if you want to change phones. Just like how your s7 will serve you well, so will the su6. It's not like this phone will suddenly look out of place in a few years, and if it does then the s7 will also.

Well not really.

I compared my su6 to new phones that are coming out this year and i saw that i cant have a budget phone. Low specs, no upgrades, crap warranty, no smoothness, no tweaks from phone brand..

But this is my opinion [emoji14]