r7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM [EMUI style] - Honor 4X CHE2-L11

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Honor 4X CHE2-L11!

READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs. A MCR release is designed to feel like a stock Emotion UI ROM with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

This ROM is part of the 'Unified Honor ROM' project - ROMs with the same changes are available for all current Honor devices.

A MCR version with a more 'stock Android' like interface is under development.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have a custom recovery (e.g. TWRP) installed. The ROM is installed at your own risk. A wipe IS recommended if coming from a ROM other than MCR or stock. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLATION!

Features

• Based on the B506 custom ROM starter template (you may use MCR as a base for your own ROM)
  • ROM fully optimised with the unique MCR scripts
  • Updated power management policies to reduce instances of 'missing notifications'
  • All apps in ROM updates to latest versions (a considerable saving of over 1GB on /data!)
  • Busybox installed
  • sepolicy patched boot image ready for root
  • selinux permissive
  • Removed 'icons' from /system/themes (themes no longer need to include default icons again)
  • MoDaCo Custom Kitchen (coming soon!)
  • Multi user support
  • Multi window support
  • Preloaded Stockify theme stub
  • Numerous other small refinements - please see the gitlab commits for full details
  • This ROM is completely in version control at gitlab! https://gitlab.com/u/paulobrien/projects
  • Want more tweaks and changes? Post your requests in the support topic.

Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changelog.

Installation

You should install this ROM on a device that has previously been updated to the B506 release.

To install this ROM:

• Download the zip file from the links below and copy to your internal / external SD card.
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the SD card.

Important Note: As this ROM is partially deodexed, first boot can take a long time. If you have not wiped, you can check for any issues with adb logcat. Be patient!

Downloads

Please do not mirror these downloads elsewhere.

Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not guaranteeing that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely.

And finally...

Enjoy! 

P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest behzad0068

hi 

how i can enable all 8 core in honor 4x che2-l11 to play 1080p 10bit x265 without leg .

Edited by behzad0068

• 1 month later...
Guest Biggz72

Good day i have flashed this rom using twrp latest version phone is on huawei screen 25 minutes now it has flashe off and on twice during this period .....any assistance would b greatly  appreciated wipe was done after installation b4 reboot...thanks and much respect for this rom

• 1 month later...
Guest ebrahim moradgholi

hi

pleas insert screenshot. and Is it the same ROM is an official ROM? Is this rom rom cyanogen like to see is for ota? Please che2-l11 introduced a custom ROM for the model to be updated as cyanogen always great . thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lockywolf

Hello, everyone!

Firstly, thank you, PaulOBrien, for caring about us, Che2-L11 users!

Secondly, may I ask if any support for B570 is planned?

Or, conversely, if it makes sense to install this version on top of B570?

Do I understand correctly that this version is essentially an optimized stock version? I.e., uses stock Huawei Phone, Contacts, Calendar, etc... apps?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Bob1900

mojtabaa: Same here. The old B506 firmware file that Huawei offers on their server is sadly corrupted and I can't find other versions of it. This page needs to be updated by the author. either post a new rom or provide a working 506 firmware version so it's possible to use this rom.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest jon9

Hi @PaulOBrien,

long time lurking your work (was lg gt540 ...)

I'd like to ask you which version of recovery do you advice to use to make the backup before install.
(I have the Che2-L11 version)

I ask this because the version I use currently is partially compatible and doesn't allow backups.

Regards and thanks for this one more piece of info :)

JJ

• 3 months later...

It seems this thread is quite dead...

There is B580 on stock already. Does it still make sense to use this ROM, which is on 506? What kind of tweaks are there?

• 1 year later...