r7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM [Stock Style Beta] - Honor 4X CHE2-L11

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Screenshot_2016-07-07-10-07-48.png Screenshot_2016-07-07-10-07-58.png Screenshot_2016-07-07-10-08-10.png

Screenshot_2016-07-07-10-09-32.png Screenshot_2016-07-07-10-08-53.png Screenshot_2016-07-07-10-09-45.png

As well as my main Custom ROM for all current Honor devices, I am excited to announce a Beta release of the 'Stock Style' version. This ROM is based on the main MCR, but has a host of changes to provide a more 'stock Android' experience!

Changes include...

• Removed all 'additional apps' installed from cust (Twitter, Games etc.)
  • Replaced Calculator with Google Calculator
  • Replaced Calendar with Google Calendar
  • Replaced Clock with Google Clock
  • Replaced Contacts with Google Contacts
  • Replaced Dialler with Google Dialler
  • Replaced Gallery with Google Photos (can still be launched straight from Camera)
  • Replaced Phone with Google Phone
  • Replaced Messaging with Google Messenger
  • Removed Email / Exchange app (now replaced by Gmail Exchange support)
  • Removed File Manager
  • Removed HiCare
  • Removed Music app
  • Removed Notepad app
  • Removed Sound Recorder app
  • Removed Videos app
  • Removed Weather app
  • Updated default theme to Stockify
  • Added missing 'base GMS' apps as required

The ROM feels much less EMUI and much more stock Android, without losing stability, compatibility, features etc. With future releases of the Stockify theme, we should also be able to virtually revert the notification pulldown / toggles (SystemUI) and lockscreen to stock style too.

Have a play and let me know what you think - a wipe is highly recommended before installing this ROM.

Enjoy!

P

• 1 month later...
Guest Greg1978

Hi,

I have just install your rom for my huawei Honor 4x and it seem to be great. I had real problem with the internal storage who's going full all the time whis the original stock rom.

It's really a good job and i hope it will be  future update.

Thank's

Guest Biggz72

Good morning and thanks for the rom... i flashed with twrp latest version  and wiped ...the phone has been on the huawei screen for like 15 minutes now it flashed off and on once in that time .....any assistance would be greatly appreciated..thank you

Guest sonimuts

SIM cards not working after installing this... Solution?

EDIT: When installed on  Che2-L11C432B560, SIM-cards did not work. Managed to restore original B506 firmware. Installed this rom on B506 and everything works. 

Edited by sonimuts

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Elmohands X
On 13/09/2016 at 7:52 AM, sonimuts said:

SIM cards not working after installing this... Solution?

EDIT: When installed on  Che2-L11C432B560, SIM-cards did not work. Managed to restore original B506 firmware. Installed this rom on B506 and everything works. 

How did you flash 506 coz it shows error?

Guest sonimuts
On 21.9.2016 at 10:42 AM, Elmohands X said:

How did you flash 506 coz it shows error?

I used a little bit of this tutorial, but did not use links in that tutorial! I downloaded 506 image from somewhere and extracted files I needed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/reverting-to-stock-rom-honor-4xmsm8916-t3168732

After flashing those 3 files my phone still did not correctly boot, but I got original recovery back. So I put 506 update file on my sd card (dload folder) and restored with original recovery. 

Guest Elmohands X
3 hours ago, sonimuts said:

I used a little bit of this tutorial, but did not use links in that tutorial! I downloaded 506 image from somewhere and extracted files I needed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/reverting-to-stock-rom-honor-4xmsm8916-t3168732

After flashing those 3 files my phone still did not correctly boot, but I got original recovery back. So I put 506 update file on my sd card (dload folder) and restored with original recovery. 

I installed B506 but sim doesn't work i think i need version of European kitkat do you have link? :\ 

Edited by Elmohands X

• 2 months later...
Guest Bob1900

I did the same as sonimuts describes but could not get the sim card to work afterward. PaulOBrien, can you make another rom based on 570 firmware? If not, I recommend removing this page as it is pretty pointless to post a rom and not provide a way for people to install it who have newer firmware. You made me waste two days of my time. The 506 firmware from Huawei does not work. It's the same file which is linked to many places. The source is Huawei, and it does not work. The link provided by sonimuts is for a corrupted file, and the same file is linked to all over the internet. I have tried searching for other 506 firmware versions with http://forum.xda-developers.com/tools/general/huawei-firmware-finder-team-mt-t3469146 but none of them were available. So, Mr Brien, please recommend how we can install the old 506 firmware, or how would you suggest that we use the rom? 

Edited by Bob1900

Guest xondrax

You can use the rollback package from 6 to 5.1 or 4.4 and then instal the 506 build and then this "custom" rom i think ...

http://www.hihonor.com/uk/support/details/index.html?DOC_ID=82283

You need to restore factory files /boot,cust,system/ http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/guide-flash-variant-version-firmware-t3506404

collection of FW our che2-l11  http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-4x/development/rom-compilation-roms-che2-lxx-honor-4x-t3434826

Edited by xondrax
links

Guest Bob1900

Thank you. First, the rollback package fails on my Che2-L11. There is a missing file in the zip, it says. Second, do you know where I can find a non-corrupt version of 506 build? Because, if I manage to roll back to an earlier version of Android, the problem is that the 506 posted online by Huawei seems to be corrupted. I get errors when I try to flash cust and system. Is a possible reason that TWRP is not backward compatible (I'm using version 3.0.2)?

Edited by Bob1900

Guest xondrax

Dont know if I understud completly-You are trying to flash original fw by TWRP? I think its impossible do this...If want came back to 5.1 or 4.4 I will flash stock files from B570 /boot,cust,system/ then apllied rollback package to came back to B310 and after that You can flash stock B506-but thats my opinion.Try to ask panchovix on xda /saw You there/ for his guide to downgrade from B570 to B506/modaco roms/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...