[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.0.2-0 for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook & Hibook Pro

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

This is my build of Dees-Troy's Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) 3.0.2-0 for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook & Hibook Pro. Choose the right image for your device.

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.

http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/TWRP

Prerequisites:
1. Download and install Intel Android USB driver (Windows) or setup udev rules (Linux).
2. Download and install Android SDK tools and platform-tools to get adb and fastboot.

Unlocking the bootloader:
1. Enable developer settings by clicking 'Settings -> About tablet -> Build number' several times. Enable 'Settings -> Developer options -> OEM unlocking' (not sure if necessary) and 'Settings -> Developer options -> Android debugging'.
2. Plug in your device via USB cable and open terminal window as an administrator (Windows). Boot device into bootloader by executing

adb reboot bootloader

You can also boot to bootloader by holding volume down button when powering on the device (or when selecting to boot to Android if you have a dual-boot device).
3. Execute in terminal

fastboot oem unlock

Unlocking bootloader doesn't erase userdata on this device.

Installing TWRP:
1. Change into the directory you saved the TWRP recovery image, boot to bootloader as above, and execute

fastboot flash recovery recovery-twrp3020-cht_cr_mrd_w.img

You can also just boot TWRP recovery image by executing

fastboot boot recovery-twrp3020-cht_cr_mrd_w.img

You can boot to TWRP by executing 'adb reboot recovery'. It's also possible to boot to recovery by booting to bootloader first (as above), using volume keys to select 'recovery' option and using power key to confirm.

2. Install boot image that disables dm-verity before you modify your /system partition in any way. Otherwise dm-verity will prevent your device from booting.

How to restore stock recovery:
1. Download zip below suitable for your device and copy it to your device's sdcard.
2. Boot to TWRP recovery.
3. Install zip in TWRP.
4. Reboot recovery.

http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/stock-recovery

Sources:

Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Hi! Thank you for the tutorial.
I made a mistake and I forgot to perform step 2 -   "Install boot image that disables dm-verity before you modify your /system partition in any way"

I installed TWRP on my Hi10 Plus but now I cannot boot into Remix OS anymore.
How do I fix this problem?
Is there an alternative way to enter TWRP so I can install the boot image?

Thank you!!!

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, mtdb said:

Hi! Thank you for the tutorial.
I made a mistake and I forgot to perform step 2 -   "Install boot image that disables dm-verity before you modify your /system partition in any way"

I installed TWRP on my Hi10 Plus but now I cannot boot into Remix OS anymore.
How do I fix this problem?
Is there an alternative way to enter TWRP so I can install the boot image?

Thank you!!!

You can boot to bootloader by pressing volume down powering on the device (or selecting to boot to Android in dual-boot menu if you've flashed have dual-boot BIOS). Use volume keys to find 'recovery' option and confirm using power key.

8 hours ago, KonstaT said:

You can boot to bootloader by pressing volume down powering on the device (or selecting to boot to Android in dual-boot menu if you've flashed have dual-boot BIOS). Use volume keys to find 'recovery' option and confirm using power key.

Thank you very much. It worked. I also installed the cm 12.1 that you created. My tablet is performing a LOT better!

Kiitos!

Edited by mtdb

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tipo0011

Really thanks for your work!

I have a doubt: if I install the TWRP on my tablet, will I lose my Windows 10 installation?

And if I flash a zip through TWRP (for example Remix OS), will I lose my Windows 10 installation?

Guest KonstaT
26 minutes ago, tipo0011 said:

Really thanks for your work!

I have a doubt: if I install the TWRP on my tablet, will I lose my Windows 10 installation?

And if I flash a zip through TWRP (for example Remix OS), will I lose my Windows 10 installation?

No, neither affects Windows 10 in any way. Only messing with Android partitions here.

You had that new Hi10 Plus with z8350, right? Please use 'fastboot boot recovery.img' and create a backup before you do anything else. It would be great if you could also upload boot and system images from that TWRP backup somewhere.

Edited by KonstaT

Hi KonstaT, can you be more spesific on step 1 installing twrp? 

Installing TWRP:
1. Change into the directory you saved the TWRP recovery image, boot to bootloader as above, and execute

In what state you change into the directory you saved the twrp recovery image? 

Thank you

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, axxist said:

Hi KonstaT, can you be more spesific on step 1 installing twrp? 

Installing TWRP:

In what state you change into the directory you saved the twrp recovery image? 

Thank you

Not really, you need to have some basic knowledge how to use a computer. I don't know what operating system you use on your computer or where you're going to save the recovery image. I don't quite understand what you're asking either.

Device needs to be booted into bootloader always when using any fastboot commands. You change directories with 'cd' command on your computer. Command line needs to point to directory you saved the recovery image or you can also assign path with fastboot ('fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img').

3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Not really, you need to have some basic knowledge how to use a computer. I don't know what operating system you use on your computer or where you're going to save the recovery image. I don't quite understand what you're asking either.

Device needs to be booted into bootloader always when using any fastboot commands. You change directories with 'cd' command on your computer. Command line needs to point to directory you saved the recovery image or you can also assign path with fastboot ('fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img').

Yeah Iam a liitle confused but I already found out that I have to open the CMD window inside the folder where the recovery.img is saved, then executing "fastboot boot recovery.img"  which "fastboot boot recovery-twrp3020-cht_cr_mrd_w.img" that you mention above not working and it said directory not found. 

Really big thanks for your work and tutorial.  You are the man !

If I follow all the instructions to install TWRP on Remix OS and flash the freezing fix everything works fine.

When I try to do the same thing on stock Android when I boot into TWRP it shows the internal memory as 0mb. I've double checked that I'm using all the right files. Stock Android boots up fine before installing TWRP. I used the gpt.bin file from the RemixOS file to get 25GB storage on the stock Android. Could that be the issue?

Tried it with the standard stock android gpt.bin and the same thing happens. Internal memory 0mb. It won't let me mount internal memory in TWRP either.

Edited by Guest

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, rob4x4 said:

If I follow all the instructions to install TWRP on Remix OS and flash the freezing fix everything works fine.

When I try to do the same thing on stock Android when I boot into TWRP it shows the internal memory as 0mb. I've double checked that I'm using all the right files. Stock Android boots up fine before installing TWRP. I used the gpt.bin file from the RemixOS file to get 25GB storage on the stock Android. Could that be the issue?

Tried it with the standard stock android gpt.bin and the same thing happens. Internal memory 0mb. It won't let me mount internal memory in TWRP either.

Have you encrypted your device?

1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

Have you encrypted your device?

No. I'm beginning to wonder if my device has faulty memory. Just re-flashing Remix OS and its hanging at the end of the initial system boot. It worked ok yesterday using the same procedure / files.

I can get back to DNX fastboot so I'll try again.

So... Remix hung again at the end of the system reboot. Powered off and on again and it finally booted all the way. I installed TWRP and flashed CM12. Then flashed GAPS. TWRP then froze after it had unmounted the system at the end of the gapps install so I had to power off.

CM12 then booted up ok but without gapps, so back into recovery and reflash gapps which went cleanly this time and allowed TWRP to reboot.

Anyone else have this problem of TWRP hanging or showing 0mb internal storage on Stock Android?

Edited by Guest

Guest Skyfire

I experienced some problems with twrp as well. I did a clean istall of second latest rom and made a complete backup with twrp. When trying to restore the backup my tab did not boot. It showed bootanimation for half an hour until i force shut it down. Tried two times but it did not work. I reinstalled same rom and this backup works. Another problem is that usb otg sometimes is not recognized by twrp. No big deal as I use a sd crd now. :)

Guest opirsone

Hi I tried to install the TWRP recovery as described in the guide, I was able to see the TWRP menu, then I did a factory reset, now the tablet with the inscription CHUWI remains fixed to the boot, I tried to go into recovery but displays the recovery standard Android, does not show the TWRP recovery, also pc not load the drivers and recognizes the device as a tablet cherry trail cr, what can i do?

Guest KonstaT
25 minutes ago, opirsone said:

Hi I tried to install the TWRP recovery as described in the guide, I was able to see the TWRP menu, then I did a factory reset, now the tablet with the inscription CHUWI remains fixed to the boot, I tried to go into recovery but displays the recovery standard Android, does not show the TWRP recovery, also pc not load the drivers and recognizes the device as a tablet cherry trail cr, what can i do?

Did you install the patch to disable dm-verity?

You can boot to bootloader by pressing volume down button while powering on and boot/flash TWRP again.

Guest opirsone
29 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

You can boot to bootloader by pressing volume down button while powering on and boot/flash TWRP again.

ok I was able to enter the TWRP, now for the patch I have to install it on an external sd and install TWRP from?

Guest KonstaT
22 minutes ago, opirsone said:

ok I was able to enter the TWRP, now for the patch I have to install it on an external sd and install TWRP from?

Internal sdcard, external sdcard, usb otg storage, doesn't matter - TWRP can access all those. Or you could even use 'adb sideload'.

Yes, copy it to the storage of your choice and install it with TWRP.

Guest opirsone
53 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

I copied the zip file "disable dm verity" on a USB key on TWRP menu I have to press "install image" from USB storage?

Guest KonstaT
23 minutes ago, opirsone said:

I copied the zip file "disable dm verity" on a USB key on TWRP menu I have to press "install image" from USB storage?

Install -> Select Storage -> USB-OTG. File you copied should appear. 'Install Zip' should be selected (shows .zip files). 'Install Image' lists .img files on chosen storage instead.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest opirsone
15 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Install -> Select Storage -> USB-OTG. File you copied should appear. 'Install Zip' should be selected (shows .zip files). 'Install Image' lists .img files on chosen storage instead.

Hello I performed the procedure by installing the zip file dm-verity, everything ok again in the tablet Remix, the problem is not going in the TWRP recovery when I run adb Rebbot bootloader command, I also tried it with keystrokes but always displays the standard recovery, now I would like to flash the kernel no freeze, but I have to repeat the procedure: flash TWRP + dm verity again?

Guest KonstaT
27 minutes ago, opirsone said:

Hello I performed the procedure by installing the zip file dm-verity, everything ok again in the tablet Remix, the problem is not going in the TWRP recovery when I run adb Rebbot bootloader command, I also tried it with keystrokes but always displays the standard recovery, now I would like to flash the kernel no freeze, but I have to repeat the procedure: flash TWRP + dm verity again?

Just flash TWRP and allow it to modify system now that you've disabled dm-verity (IIRC there's a slider booting into TWRP or untick 'keep system untouched' box somewhere). There's a script (/system/bin/install-recovery.sh) that will overwrite TWRP with stock recovery on boot otherwise.

Then flash file from how to fix 'freezing issue' thread and nothing after that (that patch already comes with dm-verity disabled).

Guest opirsone
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

Just flash TWRP and allow it to modify system now that you've disabled dm-verity (IIRC there's a slider booting into TWRP or untick 'keep system untouched' box somewhere). There's a script (/system/bin/install-recovery.sh) that will overwrite TWRP with stock recovery on boot otherwise.

Then flash file from how to fix 'freezing issue' thread and nothing after that (that patch already comes with dm-verity disabled).

I have to tick the "System mounts the partition read-only" in the "mount"?

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, opirsone said:

I have to tick the "System mounts the partition read-only" in the "mount"?

I don't remember what the option is. Untick if it says that.

Edited by KonstaT