DK update or UK update?

Guest davy

I don't think this has been posted yet.

Is the UK update better than the DK one?

Reading the numerous problems some have encountered after doing UK update I am very wary about doing the UK update.

I have an uncerted DK updated spv with full back up on mmc.

Could those who have put the UK update on to their DK updated spv's let me, and probably a lot of other users, know whether it is worth doing.

Thanks in advance,

davy.

Guest spacemonkey

I have done DK followed now by UK using the devicedata.txt fix.

My phone seems to be working 100% but on the same score, I couldn't say that it seems any better/different following the UK update vs before hand.

The only differences I know of are: when device locked it will now wake up on pressing a number rather than only on left softkey click. The bootloader menus have been stripped of all their options except erase IPSM.(which I think is a really crap action on Orange's part).

The bootloader thing can be got around by a tool that some french guy has made so isn't the end of the world, it just makes backing up to SD Card more difficult.

Can't see any actual differences to the way the phone behaves.

The only issue that I had with the danish update was that when the keylock was on it wouldfreeze if an SMS was recieved; is this fixed?

If not then I'm happy to stay with the Danish update by using device lock rather than keylock and keep hold of the bootloader options.

Can anyone confirm if this has been fixed?

dava

Guest spacemonkey

Ah, I'd never got that on the DK update cos I always use device lock anyway. Anyway, on my UK updated phone I just keylocked and sent myself a SMS and it came through, made a noise and the phone was still all happy.

Does that answer your question?

The bootloader changes worry me. What does the French workaround do? Does it take it back to what I have now and allow me to back up/restore as per pre UK update?

The translation for this workaround is not very good so hopefully someone can translate it to make it clearer.

Thanks for the comments to date.

davy.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

I've heard that the T9's been fixed in the UK update - a BIG reason to install it as the DK update doesn't correct the "T9 loses words when the phone is power-cycled" problem.