Firmware version and updates

Guest sisniper

Guest sisniper

Hi Guys

looking at getting an SPV but wondering if anyone knows what the latest firmware revision is and how you can get updates - is it true they are updated over the network in the background - has nayone got any experience

thanks

Si

PS - T68 was buggy as hell until firmware got sorted hope its the same for SPV

Guest Satans Cyber Kid
All updates work fine but you ca even change the regions so you can get extra updates. Explained in other posts

I tried changing the regions but it did not work for me

This is how it works:

There's this update program you can run on the phone. It will connect to orange via GRPS, tell you if theres any updates available for your region and let you download them.

Thats why you can sometimes download other updates if you change your region setting.

Maybe I'm just dumb and missing something :cry:

I've changed the "locale" in "regional settings" to german(switzerland) and i seem to be getting no joy with the orange update function :evil:

Someone please help me before I kill my new fone!!!!!!

SORTED!!!!! :mrgreen:

If u want to get the swiss stuff : Programs - Settings - More - Regional Settings and then change the locale to German(switzerland).

It may not work the first few times, but just keep on trying orange update.

:roll:

6 ringtones available (all turd)

Orange Media Player

Orange Messenger

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME ANYTHING THEY KNOW ABOUT THE LAST TWO - SHOULD I DOWNLOAD THEM??? :?:

Well, I downloaded the Orange Media Player (384K) and installed it. It's a streaming media player built by Emblaze Media. The 'Help' -> 'About' screen touts the version as 0300,0012,0044,0031

I can't get it to open a local file... but it will allow you to open a RSTP file via a URL.

For those whom aren't familiar with RSTP, it's a streaming media protocol. The most common implementation is Real's Realplayer. I don't know if this player will open Real's *.ram or other files...Emblaze's website (www.emblaze.com) describes a packaged streaming media platform based on MPEG4 open standards - but who knows? I'll play with it some more and let you know...

Regards,

• 4 weeks later...

If you connect to the Internet through the cradle (you should find how to to do this somewhere else in the forum), you can select "update" and do it trough the PC.

Guest icornish

How come the Swiss get the updates available to them, but not the british ? Surely the British are the bigger potential market for such features.

Any comment from Orange on this ?

NOTE: I don't want to start the Swiss-British war, having a great many friends in Geneva (and having some memorable nights out there)

Guest Matt Whitfield

More on the Orange Media Player MPEG4 support...

If you go to the very bottom of this MMS How To page, and look at the “Video Messaging” with MPeg 4 section, you will see that T-Mobile in Germany enabled this support on their network, so I guess it makes sense that Switzerland got an MPEG4 enabled media player...

For those of you who managed to download the player from Orange Update (I tried but the download doesn't seem to be available now) there is an MPEG4 video sample for you to try.