any filipinos here?

Guest pyke

Guest MoRFLeZ

The SPV and the Tanager are both smartphones.

The SPV is the also known as the Canery

Tanager is also known as the SPVx

The SPV was the first smartphone from Orange/HTC, the Tanager the second. They are almost identical. The Tanager does have a few lil perks. It has a slimmer design, and 'flatter' buttons (which makes texting a lot easier). It also has a brighter screen (might have to get some sunglasses too *nudge*). They have the same specs though... so the Tanager wont perform better.

The next smartphone from Orange/HTC is said to be released late 2003 and will include an in-built camera as well as major upgrades etc etc.

Guest Superman

does anyone here in the forum that there amazing fon has bugs? cuz I was thinking if the fon ad some errors do smart have a repair service centers? ;)

Guest dinoalbert

Pritos, I have no idea about 516Mb cards BUT I know someone from our PocketPC users group who sells brand new 256 Sandisk SD cards for about P6,000 (negotiable daw)...try to text or call 0917-8967251.

As for bugs, havent encountered major bugs yet except the some "hang/freeze". But I was able to return and exchange my first Tanager for a newer one because I saw one dead pixel.... Smart will allow returns of units if you find a defect (within 1 month).

Guest jbyte

With regards to bugs, I found some but I think not on the phone but with there system. Have anyone of your guys tried to send an entry to ABS Game Ka Na ba? Coz' if you haven't, my advice is don't try. I don't know if this proper to say it here, but for the information of every body, I will to prevent further damage. This is my experience, or shall I say, our exprerence (coz there are two of us who had this very bad experience).

A friend of mine was the one who first experienced this one. He sent one (1) entry to GKNB. Of course, you will be expecting a text message for the confirmation of your entry. There it comes! A minute or less after that, there's another message coming in (an invalid one) from GKNB as if you send another entry but an invalid one. Seconds after seconds, it keeps on sending a message thanking you for buying a logo, when in fact he did not send an entry at all. when he read those messages (there's actually a pair of message that he received each time it goes into his inbox) it says something like "invalid entry" and says "thank you for buying a logo". He simply let it go and garnered around 50 messages all invalid entries. Because he was very confused of what happened, he tried it again, and even got worst. It feeds in his inbox more than 50 messages. The first one is valid but all messages after that are all invalid messages. He presented the problem to Smart Wireless Center here in our locality and to let them believe of what he found out, he send another entry to GKNB for that last time while the staff of Smart is watching. And there it goes again. Several messages again fills in his inbox with invalid messages. At that time, he cannot figured it out. He taugth that his phone is defective or even thingking that his sim is corrupt. So to make it sure, he went to me and told me about his experience. He told me to try to send one entry to GKNB. I told him that ok, this is the only way to find out. I did sent one entry only to GKNB. And exactly the same thing happened to me as with me friend, and even worst cause I get 310 messages wherein only one out of those is valid. And it did reflect in my bill. It says SMS Game Ka Na Ba? Download 155 messages=P1550. We have already presented a formal letter regarding the problem. Smart told us to wait for the adjustment equivalent to that of invalid entries. As of now, no advice from SMART yet that it is safe to send an entry to GKNB.

For you people who are very curious to know if what will happen if you send one, well, try it for yourself.

Guest leemrvnt

hi, its good to know that there's a lot of filipinos here, i recently switch to smart just to get the tanager...anybody here who knows which network has better gprs service

thanks in advance

Guest Superman

Man that sucks!! 300 messages from GKNB :x

does any smart users here, have installed skins to there smart amazing fon?

and do we ahve warranty for this fon? :)

Guest dinoalbert

Hi Paul! Thats a very good idea. Thank you very much in advance :)

superman, yeah I myself have already installed a number of skins/themes on my Tanager....the default Smart skin is just boring IMHO. Isnt it nice to customize your phone so that there's no other phone or Tanager that looks exactly like yours?

the SAP has a warranty with Smart.....for unit replacement we got 1 month, and for repairs/services we have 1 year.

Guest awarner [MVP]
anyway its up to the moderator

It's up to the Paul the site Admin not the mods, we don't have

that much control :( :)

Guest lmarantal

hey, Dino, could u please post the config. of smart on Proxy, gprs connection, cant seem to get mine to work....

thanks in advance :)

Guest dinoalbert

I dont know about the proxy because I dont use the phone for emails. For GPRS... simply send SET GPRS to 211..... then wait for the reply, when you receive it, choose Yes to save the settings.....then send GPRS ON to 333...your GPRS will then be activated in a while.

same with MMS settings, SET MMS to 211 and then MMS ON to 333

but hey I believe GPRS and MMS is already pre-configured in your Smartphone when you bought it...unless you unlocked it and used a Globe sim and changed the settings to Globe's :)

Anyway you can always call *888 for inquiries (like the proxy settings and the step by step config of gprs) with their customer service

Guest jbyte

Excellent idea you have their, Paul. :) Thanks in advance! Can I suggest that you attach the word "Pinoy" in the name. Say for example: "Pinoy Area", that is if it's ok with others.

Guest leemrvnt

Thanks Paul for considering a dedicated filipinos area

superman, did try some theme and change the homescreen image, but have'nt really customize the skin to its potential

Guest jabez

Hi Paul!

Your idea about a "Filipino Area" in this forum is great! I support jbyte's suggestion of calling it "Pinoy Area". It has to be in English so more users could understand the postings.

I promise you that I will "promote" the site to all "Smart Amazing Phone" (Tanager) users I can get in touch with.

Guest jabez

Mabuhay mga Kabayan!

Hi to all the Filipinos in this forum!

It's so nice to know that I have cyberpals to initiate me into the Tanager. Akala ko kami lang magkakapatid ang magkakalikutan ng celfone ( I thought the only people I could tinker my phone with were my siblings)

Ano? Itataob ba natin ang Nokia users? (What? Are we gonna outdo the Nokia users?)

Guest Superman

Cool! Thank you dinoalbert, I thought that we cudnt customize bcuz of smart, Il be getting my fon, this week, maybe you cud pm me on how to put skins, on my fon :)

Guest Paul [MVP]

So how about I create a new forum this evening called:

General - Pinoy

This forum is dedicated to our members from the Philippines!

P

PS Call me ignorant, but what is 'Pinoy'?