Talking keypad

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

*UPDATED 18/3/03*

The talking clock inspired me...

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=6321

You can change the dtmf tones on the keypad while dialing a number by using the registry editor to change the following values (using one of the keypad voice themes included in this thread):

First thing to do.... Turn the keypad tones on in Programs>Settings>Sounds.

You can now remove the default keypress tone with:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/Keypress

Select Values

And modify Script by removing the p value.

Now lets change a Dtmf tone:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/

then choose your Dtmf number (0-9, also # and *)

Select Values

Rename sound to Sound2 (or somethin, doesnt really matter, but better than deleting, just in case you wanna change it back at a later date)

Select Menu>New Value>String

Value name: Sound

Value Data: name of the wav (eg, i have installed the sounds onto my storage card in a dir called keypad, so, value data: Storage Cardkeypad1.wav for Dtmf1)

and just repeat for all of the keypad tones ( you can actually speed up the process by copying and pasting the values and just changing the wav number).

other sounds that can be changed (if the wav exists. try 'fembot' speech) include

'battery.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/LowBattery

'sms.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SMS

'mail.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/E-Mail

'menupopup.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/MenuPopup

'menucommand.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/MenuCommand

'alert.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemExclamation

'info.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemAsterisk

'confirm.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemQuestion

'error.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/Warning

'callerror.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/CallDrop

(make sure category is set to InCall)

'dialing.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/Dialing

(make sure category is set to InCall)

sounds better than the nasty standard keypad tones eh :wink:

if sound still doesnt work, make sure your system sound is set high enough in your profile :wink: (programs>settings>profiles, menu>edit 'normal' profile, System Sound Volume, i use Loud, but set it to what you see fit)

And remember, change registry settings at your own risk, a hard reset will fix all changes if all goes pear.

fembot2.zip

Guest jaknife2000

Superb works lovely.

Just one question tho, what did you use for * and # ?

Just wondered what you did, i had to turn the volume up quite high to hear the voice nicely, but does work a dream.

LIKE IT !!!

Guest midnight

dont have anything for those yet, but, you can make yer own with AT&T's voice technology (Natural Voices) , then mess around in cooledit to get some nice sounding stuff, gonna do an alien/robotic type one first, when finished i'll upload here (anyone else who has/creates some new speach/sounds, should also maybe upload here)

Guest jaknife2000

Cool will do.

Was thinking of doing some maybe in the Speech sythesis mod of Fruityloops 3.

That does some lovely voice output.

Not a natural voice of course, but a cool one all the same.

Guest casper508

Simply amazing!! :) This forum and the people here never cease to amase me! Nice one midnight.

Have to give this a go altho it will slow down the phone a bit me thinks.

Cas

Guest midnight

doesnt appear to slow the phone down at all actually :) the wavs are only used when dialing, and if you turn off the standard keypad tone as i mentioned then the rest of the phone works as normal :wink:

Guest casper508
You can also remove the default keypress tone with:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/Keypress

Select Values

And modify Script by removing the p value.

What p value??

I have:

Value name: Script

Value data : (blank)

Cas

Guest midnight

erm, when you turn on the tones in the keypress settings (required so the wavs work for the keypresses) it will add the p value to Script (i think)

Guest HelloDave

These sounds aren't what the SPV uses for DTMF tones are they? If they are then it could be slightly irritating when you're trying to get through to OCS and "pressing 1 for a customer service representative" doesn't work!

Guest midnight

dont worry about that, i tested all that stuff fully first (with the orange answering machine), and it appears to work perfectly :)

just finished the final sounds theme for today, its a variation of the 'crystal' keypad tones, but much better weird robitic voice, also included speech for menu popup and menu selection aswell as sms and email voice, i'll upload in the morning with quick instructions how to set these extra sounds up included in the zip.

A bit irrelevant, but: I noticed that even if the keytones is set to OFF, it still turns on the speaker and just "plays a 'blank' sound". Just press a key and put the phone to your ear - hear the noise?

The observation suggests that the sounds should not slow it down, since it plays a 'blank' one anyway...

Guest midnight

ok, here is the best vocals i've created so far, with alert sounds working.

theres several more wavs in this one, for sms, mail, menupopup, menucommand, low battery, should be simple enough to add, if people have probs then i'll update the instructions on the first page.

*zip moved to first page*

Guest casper508
erm, when you turn on the tones in the keypress settings (required so the wavs work for the keypresses) it will add the p value to Script (i think)

Yeap , that was the reason why i cudnt see the 'p'. Works a treat now.

Turned a few heads today :)

Cas

Guest midnight

ok, the three warning wavs for 'alert', 'info' and 'confirmation' are done....

alert.wav is HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemExclamation > Sound

info.wav is HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemAsterisk > Sound

confirm.wav is HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemQuestion > Sound

I've also updated the original fembot.zip file to include these extra wavs.

these are for the 'fembot' keypad tones, if anyone needs the sounds for the other voices then let me know.

fembot_additional.zip

Guest Syvwlch

For some reason, I seem to be unable to turn on the keypad tones. It plays an empty sound instead, whether I change the default reg values or not, and no matter what I do with that 'p' in script in Keypress. This empty sound is NOT played when I select no keypad tones or clicks in the Sounds Settings.

This is very annoying. I'd so like to have a talking keypad... but I don't want to do a hard reset for that :)

Anybody have an idea what I may be doing wrong?

Guest midnight

the main thing to check is that you have turned the keypad tones on (set the keypad to tone, not click), so long as the paths to where you have placed the wavs is correct then that and the volume are the only things to prevent this from working (i think)