Help with BoxyPocket

Guest siu99spj

Guest siu99spj

OK, this is a class game. If you don't have it then get it. This along with XRick are the reason why the SPV was made (As well as all the other great stuff, thanks guys)

However, I'm stuck on Boxy Pocket and whats worse is that it is only Level 11 :oops:

Try as I might I can't figure out where to even start on that level and now, after a month of trying I CANNOT solve it. So would some kind soul please provide a solution, if it is only the beginning half. I can usually solve a problem as soon as I get the first few blocks in...

Guest spacemonkey

OK, it's not the full solution but it's the key start...

Move around the boxes in the bottom right to make the screen look like this... this means you are now able to walk the whole way around the board :lol: hint the location of the smiley might show where you want to work on next :wink:

boxy1.gif

Guest siu99spj

Any chance of a couple more moves forward?

Will try it more tonight. If my boss is concerned with my over use of Modaco, wonder what he'd think once I started playing Boxy as well!

And animefan, I'll post a couple of pics to help you in Level 2 tonight!

Guest Gorskar

If you get stuck on level 16 (I wouldnt blame you - its hard) I have posted some hints in this thread.

I still managed to complete the game in a few weeks, and its still probably the best game I've played on my SPV (thanks StuFF), shame theres no more levels to try :lol:

Guest siu99spj

D'Oh! Sorry Animefan, got somewhat tied up last night. Damn me having a life that takes over :lol:

Will try my best to get SmartSS sorted out and take a couple of pics tonight. As a hint, you wat to try pushing the blocks round the top. Trust me though, AFAIK it don't get any easier, some levels are buggers!

Guest bosshogg

Downloaded BoxyPocket last night after reading this thread, and it's my new favourite game...a load better than most, if not all of the "commercial" games that I paid for. Good work STuFF! :lol:

A couple of suggestions if you ever update the game:

- Undo Last Move function (possibly with a time penalty?) - how many times have I messed up a level because I pressed left one too many times...

- Initials in high score table - so multiple people can play on the same phone and you can see who got the best time per level

Guest siu99spj
I really dont know when I will release a new version of the game... didn't even start it...

Well, I did offer to have a play around with your code, but you weren't interested. Maybe you are now?

I've certainly got far too much time on my hands if I'm spending it play Boxy and XRick!!

And besides, really want to play around with this coding business. So far, the only thing I've done is cause the screen to flip upside down! :lol: Unfortunately you have to reboot the phone to get it back to normal! :D

Oh well, back to Boxy...

Guest siu99spj

Hey Spacemonkey!

How did you manage to get those screenshorts? I've tried using SmartSS but to no avail. Is it just me? Or did you do something odd?

Animefan: I know this isn't going to help much but...

The 5 blocks to you left, formining an upside down V shape. Move the top one across to the right one block. Go between the two rows and push the middle block, in the column on the right you just made left, one sqaure. Now push the one above (Which was the top centre) up two. Move around it, push the one blocking you across and then you can push the block that was above you when you started to the position where you started. Go all the way back and then push it onto the crosses. Repeat this procedure, pushing all the blocks around the top. Thats the EASIEST way to do the level. There are however, quicker ways, but I don't think I can explain them too well (Like this was????)

Hope this helps, but as I said, can't do screenshots for the mo.

Guest Sneaky

Yo dewds

I don't wanna brag, but i'm in level 46

So just 4 level and i'm done with this <censored> addictive game......

Good luck youll need it :lol:)

Guest siu99spj
Download Remote display here, and use it to capture screenshots on your PC.

Thanks Gorskar. Now just to get home, install and run the ruddy thing! I have noticed that ActiveSync 3.7 is MUCH faster at accessing the SPV (At least in Guest mode it is), maybe it'll be a bit better. Either way, at least I can get to where I want to and do a few screen grabs.

Cheer up Animefan, answer tonight, once I get RemoteDisplay working that is...

Guest abamara

I've gone up to level 8 but anytime I quit, it ends up in level 4/50. The option to go to the other levels does not work in mine. It's as if it's not recording where I left off. I've stopped playing it now because I'm bored with level 4 as I have time to play only 1 or 2 at most 3 levels at a time. And I always have to start back in level 4. Pain!!! :x

• 5 months later...
I've gone up to level 8 but anytime I quit, it ends up in level 4/50. The option to go to the other levels does not work in mine. It's as if it's not recording where I left off. I've stopped playing it now because I'm bored with level 4 as I have time to play only 1 or 2 at most 3 levels at a time. And I always have to start back in level 4. Pain!!! :x

what is the modele of your phone ?

This is the first time this problem is reported...

• 3 weeks later...