2.5 mm in-ear headphones available??

Guest eminenz

Guest awarner [MVP]
ouppps sorry about that, awarner. :oops:  :oops:  

Ordered it one week ago and still no news...

Pm me your details and I will pass the question on but I would explect 7- 10 days delivery unless you asked for the special delivery :?

And before any one asks or I get inundated with requests, I have no ties etc with Pc-Mobile.

Guest looeee

I cannot recommend the adapter at expansys.com as the 2.5mm connector tends to snap really easily (I broke 2 of them)

What I can recommend is that you pop into your local branch of Maplin where they sell a 79p 2.5mm-3.5mm converter. 79p

looeee

Guest fozzie

Right angle or straight? Looking on the web site they've only got the straight ones. Just a word of caution, if that's the one you've got then standby for the SPV is 'stuck in headset profile' symptom - they've a tendancy to either snap off or damage the SPV socket, as posted elswhere on on this forum!

The PC Mobile ones are right angled with a small flying lead between the plug and socket and so takes away any additional pressure on the SPV socket.

Guest HelloDave
The PC Mobile ones are right angled with a small flying lead between the plug and socket and so takes away any additional pressure on the SPV socket.

I'd definately go for a right angled adaptor - I used a straight Maplin one on my first SPV and it "mysteriously" (that's what I told Orange :lol:) got stuck in headset profile after a few weeks; cue SPV #2 and me binning the Maplin adaptor.

Guest awarner [MVP]

The problem with that one is it's only a 3 way connector not a 4 way one. so you are shorting out

the connectors inside the socket.

Guest cpt_andy

The only connector that it is shorting is the mic pin, which presumably won't be being used when listening to music anyway. I made an adapter similar to that one Ebay and have never experienced any problems.

Cpt. Andy