Registry Tweaks

Guest midnight

Guest whiplashchick

i tried both of the startup sound tweaks and i'm at a loss. i went to the key stated and there wasn't a value "sound." is there something i need to do to the phone before i can edit that sound?

• 2 weeks later...
http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak

Most Recently Used

Ever wanted to change the default icons of the MRU? (the icons displaying Inbox, Contacts, Calendar, Internet Explorer etc)

Fire up RegEdit, and go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Shell/StartMRU

Select 'Values'

Select 'InitialOrder'

and now just change/add to the links (see the Start Menu Order http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak for info on links in the IPSMWindowsStartMenu folder.

This is an excellent hack, it is needed for anybody who wants to rearrange their start menu and still have the MRU plugin work properly. There really should be a way to do it through the OS.

Most Recently Used

This is an excellent hack, it is needed for anybody who wants to rearrange their start menu and still have the MRU plugin work properly. There really should be a way to do it through the OS.

i tried both of the startup sound http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>Tweaks and i'm at a loss. i went to the key stated and there wasn't a value "sound." is there something i need to do to the phone before i can edit that sound?

I think I'm right in saying that you need to add a new value on some of the keys.

Go to

HKCU/ControlPanel/Sounds/SMS for SMS

HKCU/ControlPanel/Sounds/SystemStart for Startup sound etc.

In SysStart there should be Category/Sound values

If you select Sound you should be presented with a Value of carrier_boot.wav, which you can alter. If there's not, god help us all!

I played about with Krille's flashing doofer and came up with this though:

In SMS I have set Sound value to a custom WAV

I also added a new value -

* Click 'Menu/New Value/String'

* Change the Value Name to 'Script' (no quotes)

* Change the Value Data to some script (examples follow)

I have set the Value Data to 'f1v0pw60f0' (they're zeroes, ok? :))

This sets the flashing LED on, vibrates (short pulse), plays the sound, waits for 60 seconds, turns off the flashing. Pretty cool. Overrides the horrid factory default of not being able to vibrate & sound your SMS' simultaneously, which is just plain evil.

I think to just have vibrate and sound alone the script would be 'v0p' or something like that. I didn't experiment too much, although in the longer example above, putting the 'v0' after the 'p' caused the vibrate to last for 60 seconds. Don't be tempted to put an 'r' in there though, it canes the processor and you have to reset the phone the hard way to stop it...

That's all I know...

Nik

Guest Gangsta Moto

NIKLP,

Mate, i've tried everything uve said on tweakin the LED to flash when an SMS comes in but it never works for me. What can i be doing wrong? I've done it thru "SoundCategories" and "Notifications" but nothing seems to work. I've managed to get the vibrate to go on for 30 secs; turn it off... no sound and whatever but just cant get the LED to flash. I've tried using f1v0pw60f0; f1pw60f0; f1w60f0; w60f1v0pf0; f1f0; f1f0w60v0p.....and whatever other combo u can think off but no luck.

Is there some other script value i am supposed to change somewhere or do i need to re-boot or hard reset the phone or something for it to work?

Your help will be highly appreciated. Also, how can i sort out vibrate on keypress?

Respect!

Guest Gangsta Moto
errr, try my Led Flasher cab from this thread

this works slightly different by flashing the LED (1 sec between each flash instead of the usual 3secs) until you press any button on the keypad.

Oi,

Mate...tried it but it did not work as it worked for u. What it did was to alter my ringtone sequence to loop every 1 sec which aint too bad but 2secs would have been just right for me. Apart from that...my LED does not flash but just lights up and remains on till the phone stops ringing or i press a key...which is how it was b/4 anyway's except that the loop was every 3 secs.

On the case of the SMS...no flash at all...just the usual ring/vibrate...tried it whit diff ringtones makin sure they were all WAV type's but still nothing.

On going thru the phone a bit more...PHM registry... under control panelnotificationsLED... there is a "refcount which is set to "0" and under Led there are the Enabled and Timeout categories where Enabled is set to 1. Does anything need to be modified here???

Anyways...any help u can offer will be most appreciated cos im just lost mate...u seem to be the muthafcukin man when it comes to the Tweaking and stuff.

Thanks mate and will be browsing just in case u reply.

Cheers

Guest midnight

hmmm, well my guess is that its the way the moto works, and until i get my moto i wont be able to figure out the problem, as soon as i get it i'll investigate

Guest awarner [MVP]
:?  

The Moto doesn't have an LCD...

really? then I have a strange display on the front of my MPX guess it must be a sticker then :) :D/

Guest broeren79
EMGenius - you also need to resart the phone after editing the registry for the changes to take effect.

Be careful when going into settings>sounds as this will overwrite all of your lovely registry hacks! :!:  

If you must go into settings>sounds you will have to redo all your sound hacks to [to storage card]and restart again. :)

does this only affect the tweaks you made regarding sounds or the entire registry?

AFAIK,

you don't need to reset the phone to instigate registry changes, just use RegEdit on the phone to save the setting and you should be ok.

Just do Menu > Tools > Export (Ok) and ya should be laughing...

The only registry setting I've had trouble with is the Script value for the ringtone when you reboot the phone, which resets to av0pw3r when I have it set to av0pr. There is something about overcoming that in this thread tho... somewhere! :shock:

Hope that helps (probably won't)

Nik

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awarner [MVP]
AFAIK,  

you don't need to reset the phone to instigate registry changes

It's best to reboot the phone as most registry changes require this to take effect.

Guest josdickerson

Anyhoo, fire up the registry editor and change this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStartup

Select 'Values'

Select 'Sound'

Change Value Data to the path and name of your wav...

At the outset, thanks, Midnight and hello everyone. I edited the registry of my MPX200 (AT&T Branded) to change the start up sound but found some different values.

The string read: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStart instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStartup. I hope I'm in the right place.

Under values I found category but there was no value for sound. I made a new value named sound and added the string: IPSMApplication DataSoundscomm.wav Now when I start up the phone I hear the default start up followed by my customized start up sound. How can I get rid of the default start up?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest calvinlam

Tweak that is really useful?

Your tweaks are all excellent. But there is one which I want more than all- I need to forward calls to my office every time I arrive office, and to home similarly. Then I need to cancel it when I'm on the road. So I need to do this very often, many times a day. But the SPV E100 does not allow me to do that via Speed Dial. It says that "Service Codes Must be entered by keying from Keypad Direct" - so every time I need to key in "**21* followed by the phone I want forwarding to". It's a nuisance esp I used to be able to do that in all my previous phones. Plse help. Many thanks.

Hi guys...

I'm having some trouble with all these tweaks because every time I change the profile everything is resetting to default.

I know there is a thread to tweak the profiles but it requires to move the xml files to the pc and edit them with dos. The thing is that my Qtek 8080 (aka SPV e200) doesn't allow me to move these files to my pc (ACCESS DENIED). Is there any advice that u could give me? :?

Guest cougal96
The string read: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStart instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStartup. I hope I'm in the right place.

Under values I found category but there was no value for sound. I made a new value named sound and added the string: IPSMApplication DataSoundscomm.wav Now when I start up the phone I hear the default start up followed by my customized start up sound. How can I get rid of the default start up?

i have this problem - i have copied the file "startup.wav" onto ipsmwindows and edited the registry HKCU/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStartup ---> sounds to ipsmwindowsstartup.wav

However when i restart the phone it resets this to registry to alarmxtra2.mid! any help??

Guest cougal96

i have a similar problem - i have copied the file "startup.wav" onto ipsmwindows and edited the registry HKCU/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStartup ---> sounds to ipsmwindowsstartup.wav

However when i restart the phone it resets this to registry to alarmxtra2.mid! any help??

Guest cougal96

i have a similar problem - i have copied the file "startup.wav" onto ipsmwindows and edited the registry HKCU/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStartup ---> sounds to ipsmwindowsstartup.wav

Guest cougal96

• 2 weeks later...

What about a registry tweak for SMS delivery notification? You currently have to select the option prior to sending each message. Anyone know if there's a setting in the registry that would default the setting to on?

I've had a scan, but can't see it myself.

Guest nvkid909

:) i doff my cap to midnight for the tweakage, i am not worthy!

after reading the posts before this one, i planted a short wav in my home menu in windows, then put that string in the values. brilliant! i now have a small vox from an '89 acid house classic.

makes up for having to reboot when it goes all funny on me :wink:

cheers!