"How To" Repository

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest Matrix_dot_ca

guys meron din bang procedure dito kung paano mag copy ng .98 bootloader sa SD card? using USBterm ba? nag-run ako ng USBterm as in black window lang walang text. naka .98 na yung bootloader ko gusto kong i copy sa SD card for back up.

Guest dinoalbert

@matrix

i believe it works only with Windows 2000 or XP (?)

also, remember to use a separate SD kahit yung 8Mb lang...you cant use the SD that you are using with your SAP

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Added

- How to backup and restore your calendar, contacts and tasks database (mxip_initdb.vol), copy any file type (except some executables and resource files in ROM) from phone to PC.

:lol:

mga tsong at tsang, tinatanong ako dito sa opis namin kung pano daw magsend ng contacts sa txt using SAP? wala kasi option sa SAP yung tulad ng sa QTEk o I-mate. pwede ba yon sa SAP o dapat na nila palitan ROM nila?

naks! may star na rin ako! :lol:

gud am to all, i followed the intructions posted in the "How to fix irritating Phamton Email bug" and every time i try to delete a record i get an "error 6 code". and when i reboot my phone the bug is still there. can someone help me on this. tnx

gud am to all, i followed the intructions posted  in the "How to fix irritating Phamton Email bug" and every time i try to delete a record i get an "error 6 code". and when i reboot my phone the bug is still there. can someone help me on this. tnx

I also encountered that error message before. Just follow the following steps to delete the record na hindi lumalabas ang"error 6":

1. Open DBView

2. Move-up to select IPSMmxipinitdb.vol, then click

3. a new item should appear: IPSMmxip_lang.vol, select it, then click again.

4. Now, the IPSMcemail.vol should appear. DONT CLICK IT. Scroll down to the desired folder using the joystick by pressing up or down (do not press left or right dahil dadalhin ka sa lower window.

5. After selecting the desired folder, click MENU, then select DELETE RECORD. Sa experience ko, di na lumabas yung error 6.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Guest sweetyls

How dyu automatically download a file into the storage card? Pag nagddownload ako, it goes straight to IPSMApplication DataVolatile. Tinatamad akong hanapin sa registry e. Does anybody know how?

Guest sweetyls

@pzee

kasi from PIE ako nagddownload. sa smartphonevideo.net (i think). and it asks me whether i wanted to download the video or stream it. pag download, it wouldn't let me kasi masyadong malaki (ex. 5mb) so it wouldn't fit into my IPSM. e hindi naman nya tinatanong where to store it. i always end up streaming it na lang, and download it whenever i have access to a pc.

Guest sweetyls

for those of you asking kung pano magshare ng internet connection with your desktop...

1. make sure you are connected via activesync

2. open activesync --> options --> rules

3. look for "pass through" and make sure the connection is set to "work"

4. on your phone, go to programs --> settings --> data connections

5. set your work connection to "pass through connection"

6. open pocket IE and see if it works

pa-check na lang if i missed anything. :lol:

@matrix

i believe it works only with Windows 2000 or XP (?)

also, remember to use a separate SD kahit yung 8Mb lang...you cant use the SD that you are using with your SAP

dino,

it also works with a windows 98.i was able to copy my bootloader to the sd card using usbterm