NEW!!ROM UPGRADE version 1.6.0.08 SmartPhone available

Guest virgil

Guest aldousbee

;) HELP!!! I got my phone's ROM erased...

hindi ko maipagpatuloy yung upgrade process.. hanggang 10% ng pag erase lang. I have a 1.5.0.28 ROM and 1.04 BL.

I tried:

Qtek 1.5 = ayaw madetect (kahit sa canary screen)

Smart 1.6.0.8 = Error 116 ( i think it means cannot detect the unit)

Smart 1.3.7 = most of the time ayaw gumana and ang mga errors ay 114 at 113 which means cannot read ROM and upgrade failure (?) respectively

out of the 3 yung 1.3.7 lang ang sort of gumana.... hanggang 10% na pag erase ng "old ROM" lang tapos nun it would spit out a 113 error

ngayon hanggang canary screen na lang ako.

I'm downloading Smart 1.5 - I'll post later what happens....

Guest aldousbee
ok, have you tried 1.50 already? try it, it may still hang at 10 percent, then just update to 1.6

just tried 1.5 a while ago.... ayaw din .... 1.3.7 lang talaga ang gumagana... pero hanggang 10% pa rin....

any ideas?

Guest aldousbee

anyone with an SD with a .98 or lower bootloader?

I have an SD but no card reader... pahiram naman jan kung sinong meron. Maybe I can meet you- anytime this week.... Waaaaa... :cry:

yan na siguro ang last option ko... before dalhin ko sa Wireless center :cry:

Guest Drug_Store
@aldousbee

to upgrade from 1.5 smart ROM to 1.6 ROM, you need to be at http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen of SAP, not in the canary screen.

Finnally someone with the correct tip... ;)

THANK U.

I upgraded to 1.5 easily, but it´s SIM locked. So I won´t upgrade to 1.6 yet, because I´m affraid to get stuck with 1.6 locked... :D

Guest Drug_Store

Finnally someone with the correct tip... ;)

THANK U.

I upgraded to 1.5 easily, but it´s http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Lock. So I won´t upgrade to 1.6 yet, because I´m affraid to get stuck with 1.6 locked... :D

UPSSS...!!! I got stuck... It´s SAP 1.5 and SIM locked. How I can I downgrade or pass to other ROM than SAP??? Or unlock this 1.5?

Guest Drug_Store

Thanks for the very "helpfull" reply.

I don´t understand the procedure.

I got plenty MMC´s, I got external MMC card reader/writer, I also got many hex editors, because I work alot with flash changes on normal phones like Nokias and all.

So please help me out.

1 - I read that I must copy Bootloader 0.98 to MMC. I don´t have bootloader 0.98 anywhere... where and how to input it on MMC?

2 - Also must copy WinHex. But I must copy it to the MMC? and what for?

Really don´t get it... Please, can someone help me on this?

Thanks

Guest Drug_Store

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=89735

After reading many pages. I still can´t understand.

So I need to get a 0.98 bootloader image made by the Winhex, and then pass it to my MMC, but can´t understand the procedure.

And it´s very hard to read half post in english and other half in an unknow language. I´m Portuguese, so I only can understand the english language. But many guys post on other languages I can´t understand.

Please can someone give me a help but in english? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks

Guest aldousbee

I can help you with that if you're here in Makati.... Mon - fri nga lang. :(

I have http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.93 and http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 BL.

elr maybe you can PM me your contact info para ma contact kita.

I'm assuming na marunong ka nang mag downgrade ng BL ( coz meron kang mga BL :D ) Kasi I'm clueless with regards to changing the BL

Pwede ako anytime mon to fri... wag lang siguro madaling araw o hating gabi :) Pwede kitang sadyain

Thanks in advance man!

Guest runab0ut
there's not much improvement software-wise with the new rom. in fact, was expecting a "delete all" function at the inbox menu, but there was none. the additional program was the amazing explorer. it's like a more organized smart menu/stk service that's wap-based. i was able to disable my voice mail (!) without having to talk to CSRs, so i suppose that's a good thing. battery life's definitely longer. but i can't say pa how much longer exactly. kasi nagteleSPAMd ako kanina.

i just migrated my phone to the new ROM, pretty cool actually... haven't tried anything with the new stuff.

may "deleted items" na folder in the inbox/SMS program, you could delete all in the folder. (pero from inbox.. well mukhang mano-mano nga!)

badtrip pa rin yung STK service na walang "exit" option. :x

fast menus... sometimes nag-w-wait yung fone... (multicolor thingy comes out) :?

turned off an on the phone... settings stayed there (as of now).

heh... no more turning back with this rom installed for me! ackkkk! :evil:

one note... smart should be smart enough to include in their instructions on hard resets: "remember to remove any card in the slot!" :)

Guest wakananggam

Guys, I personally found that this new ROM is awesome compared to the previous ROMs!

Battery life is noticeably longer, I think Smart addressed the battery leak issue of the older ROM. For a heavy user like me, it translates into a half-day extended battery life before charging. Useful if I'm always outside malling. hehe! 8)

I was amazed by the Amazing Explorer app, It has the Smart Online on it with all the payment stuff and usage reports that comes with it.

I find Establishment Finder really cool, I think this is fairly something new to us Smartphone users here in the Phils. I can find any establishments within any area I choose or even on remote provinces and the cool thing is that it even comes with a Map of the place :)

The "Near Me" function is really handy coz I can find any establishments near me even without knowing where I actually am. This is something useful if i get lost or if i dont know the place I'm at. Say I can find any ATM near me and shows me even a map how to get there.

@Wak

welcome to modaco

the battery issue was resolved by the older and better Imate/Qtek/Eurotel and even the much older 1.3.7.8 ROM of smart. it was the Smart 1.50 ROM that had a problem with battery leak!

the amazing explorer is not a file explorer, all those functions can be done with the smart addict menu except for the SSS account. establishment finder can be done in the Smart wap site, and it also includes the map.

what the "smart" people didn't include are the more mundane and useful stuff like a functioning character counter that lets you know when you've exceeded 160 characters, ability to send SMS to numbers other those saved in the mobile part of contacts, ability to send email and SMS directly from contacts menu with passing through inbox, the ability complete task in the task menu, not to mention the ability to unlock the phone.

Guest wakananggam

@Wak

welcome to MoDaCo

the battery issue was resolved by the older and better Imate/Qtek/Eurotel and even the much older 1.3.7.8 ROM of smart. it was the Smart 1.50 ROM that had a problem with battery leak!

** I agree about the 1.50 but I had the 1.3.7.8 before and I think this new one is better than that version in terms of battery life. If it was already addressed on the 1.3.7.8, how come I find the 1.6.0.8 batt life way longer than the 1.3.7.8? just a thought. 8) ***

the amazing explorer is not a file explorer, all those functions can be done with the smart addict menu except for the SSS account. establishment finder can be done in the Smart wap site, and it also includes the map.

*** Yup, but i feel that its friendly for me to build all my queries from my phone first on the app level before I connect to the GPRS, unlike their WAP site where I always have to connect before I can completely find what I'm looking for. I think this is somehow practical for me, I dont know if you'll still want to always connect to their wapsite on this old fashion way just to complete a search.

I've also tried saving establishment results as a contact on my phone automatically, this way I dont have to enter their details on my list manually. I'd rather do this than use the wapsite where this is not possible. I find that this is somehow convenient ***

what the "smart" people didn't include are the more mundane and useful stuff like a functioning character counter that lets you know when you've exceeded 160 characters, ability to send SMS to numbers other those saved in the mobile part of contacts, ability to send email and SMS directly from contacts menu with passing through inbox, the ability complete task in the task menu, not to mention the ability to unlock the phone.

*** I agree with you and I think that they should have addressed this but I think this was how Microsoft designed their OS in comparison with how Nokia did theirs.

I somehow feel that our wishlists might be overlooked by Smart or its manufacturers for an OS thats going to be obsolete soon. We might have to bear with it until Smartphone 2003 gets released so lets wait and see if they really incorporate these concerns on the 03 version.

Unlocking is a different concern, I don't think Smart is ok with the idea of selling their phones here having other SIMs inserted on them. This means they're selling smartphones to leverage their services here and not of Globe's or Sun's for this matter, This makes perfect sense don't you think? ***

I agree about the 1.50 but I had the 1.3.7.8 before and I think this new one is better than that version in terms of battery life. If it was already addressed on the 1.3.7.8, how come I find the 1.6.0.8 batt life way longer than the 1.3.7.8? just a thought.
i wouldn't call an extra 2-3 hours way longer, the Imate ROM i used to use could last 1 1/2 to 3 days.

i feel that its friendly for me to build all my queries from my phone first on the app level before I connect to the GPRS, unlike their WAP site where I always have to connect before I can completely find what I'm looking for. I think this is somehow practical for me, I dont know if you'll still want to always connect to their wapsite on this old fashion way just to complete a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/search.php>Search.

you're still connecting to the GPRS when you're using smart's "Amazing" :-& Explorer. you could always just bookmark the service you use the most often.

what the "smart" people didn't include are the more mundane and useful stuff like a functioning character counter that lets you know when you've exceeded 160 characters, ability to send SMS to numbers other those saved in the mobile part of contacts, ability to send email and SMS directly from contacts menu with passing through inbox, the ability complete task in the task menu.

****I agree with you and I think that they should have addressed this but I think this was how Microsoft designed their OS in comparison with how Nokia did theirs. I somehow feel that our wishlists might be overlooked by Smart or its manufacturers for an OS thats going to be obsolete soon. We might have to bear with it until Smartphone 2003 gets released so lets wait and see if they really incorporate these concerns on the 03 version.

Everything i mention there is available in the Imate/Qtek/Eurotel 1.5 ROM. and i forgot to mention that there is an option to delete all messages built-in in the inbox. WHY couldn't smart integrate it in their 1.6 ROM when others had it in their 1.5 ROM's?

Unlocking is a different concern, I don't think Smart is ok with the idea of selling their phones here having other SIMs inserted on them. This means they're selling smartphones to leverage their services here and not of Globe's or Sun's for this matter, This makes perfect sense don't you think?

FYI, i've never unlocked my phone. what i meant was the 1.6 ROM will not accept any other ROM. why would smart not allow us to maximize the use of our SAP's when their ROM is so obviously flawed was was the case with the 1.50, or when their ROM does not include the simplest of improvements as is the case with their 1.6 ROM!!!!!

@* i'm sorry for the rather long post. i just wanted to get my point accross. i'll probably edit this later.

Guest dinoalbert

*** I agree with you and I think that they should have addressed this but I think this was how Microsoft designed their OS in comparison with how Nokia did theirs.

Its not Microsoft...its Smart Philippines. The other Microsoft smartphone roms like the Qtek, which I have been using, has ALL the features that rodnav mentioned above. That is why I could also say that the QTEK rom is way better than the Smart rom.

Unlocking is a different concern, I don't think Smart is ok with the idea of selling their phones here having other SIMs inserted on them. This means they're selling smartphones to leverage their services here and not of Globe's or Sun's for this matter, This makes perfect sense don't you think? ***

Not that perfect :)

IT is also important to be able to unlock your phone. What if you always go abroad? Unlocked phones can be used anywhere you go...that way you can use any sim whatever country you are in....more "practical" than using Roaming feature of Smart. Also what happens if you are done with your 2-year contract with them and you want to deactivate your Smart account? How can you use your phone now? Kahit naman ngayon palang eh hindi pa tapos contract mo with Smart, I dont think malulugi sila pag Globe sim ang ginamit mo sa smartphone mo...you are still obliged to pay a monthly subscription fee for two years so paano sila malulugi tuloy tuloy pa rin ang bayad mo? The phone is already yours...you paid for it so its all yours and you should be able to do anything with it even unlock it. Just be ready to accept the consequence like warranty getting void...

just my 2 cents :(

@dino

naaalala ko pa yung post na dati na ayaw mo inunlock yung phone mo. hanapin ko kaya yung thread.... nagulat nga ako noong pinost mo gagamit ka na ng Qtek.

Guest dinoalbert

hehehe oo noon yun nung may T68i pa ako which I use for my Globe sim.....pero ngayon wala na sa akin yung phone kaya I decided to sim-unlock it para magamit ko minsan ang Globe sim ko....saka in-unlock ko na after a month kse yung first month ko nakadalawang palit ako ng unit...taking advantage lang sa warranty :)

pero ngayon okay na unlock kse hanggang repair nalang ang warranty

I think the reason why Smart did not bother to improve the 1.6 ROM is because the primary objective for this upgrade (or downgrade) is to prevent further SAP unlocking.

It seems that wak is one of those persons (meron pang isa dyan :wink: ) trying to convince people that the SP ROM 1.6 is great. Pero wak, other than the battery improvement (of which we are already enjoying using the QTEK/IMate/Eurotel), 1.6 just don't cut it. Dun sa mga unfortunate Smart 1.5.0 ROM owners this is a recommended upgrade. Pero for people like me who are using foriegn ROMS and has non-Smart SIM on their SAPs, ty na lang.

..kung walang ganitong features ang ROM 1.6 eh ano pa ang silbi ng upgrade??