Cobalt

Guest drblow

Guest statscat

OK,

you need to remove the references too

bgcolor="transparent" in the background tag

as I that over-rides the

bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" in the preceeding format tag.

Guest statscat
There's just a little problem left : there's no background tag ! :?

Excuse me,

but what do you call this ?

<background bgcolor="transparent" />  

I believe its called a background tag with a reference to bgcolor="transparent" just as I stated.

Guest mon_nom_est_arnaud

Hmm sorry

I'm not a very good homescreen maker...

Which one are we talkin about ?

I mean which background tag ?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Excuse me,

but what do you call this ?

<background bgcolor="transparent" />  
I believe its called a background tag with a reference to bgcolor="transparent" just as I stated.
The background tag is in the xml - as described above. The portion of the code that begins I don't know how else to describe it! Sorry, if that doesn't make sense to you, somebody else is gonna have to have a go! :wink: EDIT : if you are editing my original xml from the cobalt theme, then you need to remember that its for the e200, & the entire top part of the code will not work on other SPVs. The background tag you need to change to get a colour to highlight the icons is
<plugin focus="PARTIAL" highlight="transparent"  half-highlight="TRANSPARENT" clsid="{A2536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}" height="34" width="100%" group="p">

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" /> 

<background b-border-width="0" />

Hope that is what you are on about! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mon_nom_est_arnaud

Hi !

I cannot install eVC++ or the SDK cause I'm running under Win98 :cry:

So in order to create my custom icons, I used MrBlow's .exe file which I modified with ResHack. As I want to customize a .lnk shortcut file, I'd like to know what's the first icon's ressource number in this file ?

thx :wink:

PS: excuse me if you don't understand what I'm writing, I'm french...

Guest mon_nom_est_arnaud

Yes I've seen.

But that's not what I mean.

I .lnk files, such as "notes.lnk", icons' ressources ids are looking like this "-10500".

Guest Skunkchild

If you're talking about the shortcut icons in the mru and program menus then I have no idea how to change them to your custom ones.

BUT if anyone does know how to do this, please let us know as well.

Guest mon_nom_est_arnaud

I just need to open them with notepad, then to add something like "?/IPSM/myicons.exe,-1003" where myicons.exe is DrBlow's exe file, and -1003 the icon ressource number.

The problem is that I dunno how to get this ressource number

You set the icon numbers in the exe file with the SDK, as explained in the how to document.

If you are using the Reshack method, then in the left hand file folders, is a foldre called icon groups, which will open up when you change an icon - the numbers are displayed in there.

OK m8 - I dont know where you are going wrong, and to be honest, its difficult for me to tell exactly what you are asking about!!?? Sorry! :oops:

But, if you are trying to change icons using Reshack, and you want to know the icon reference numbers for putting into the xml -

1) open Resahck and open the exe file you want to edit

2) from the menus choose action/replace icon

3) replece the icon with the icon of your choice

4) reshack will then show you a window with the icon assigned to an icon group folder (the folders appear on the left side). The folders are numbered (usually starting with 103). The folder number assigned IS the icon resource number you need for the xml (i.e. your icon is saved in icon group folder 103 - you put icon number "103" into the xml shortcuts.)

I REALLY hope thats what you are asking for! :shock:

Guest statscat

OK,

if you want to use the default icon for an application then remove the imagesource="" and the icon="" arguments and just use the action="" and point to your application (either the .exe or the .lnk file)

If left to its own devices the shortcut will load the default icon, bare in mind though that most of these icons are in fact 32 x 32 so if you want it to be 16 x 16 you may well get an "?" icon as it failed to find one of that particular size.

If you specify a non exsistant resource id as mon noe est arnaud keeps doing then it will load a "?" too, there is one exception whihc is -2 I think which explicitly tells the plugin not to load any icons even the "?"

Guest bikespod

:lol: Well you all lost me way back on page one of this post. Just wanted to say this is excellent, so many options from one screen. Combined with X bar, you hardly have to access the menu any more. Thanks Dr.Blow and your consortium.

Hope you manage to help the chap across the pond. :D

Edit: If you select calender-week-month, it all gets a tad difficult to use, something to do with the colour scheme maybe??? other than that, so far i love it.

Guest mon_nom_est_arnaud

I know why you don't understand :lol: 'am not talking about the xml file :oops:

Let's explain it another way : in the system registry, we can find default icons for each file type recognized by WinCE (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT).

For example I take the .htm file (HKCRhtmlfileDefaultIcon).

Here, the "Default" string as the "iexplore.exe,-1003" value.

How can I get this icon number (-1003, which seems to be different of the used one in any xml homescreen file) in the "myicons.exe" file ?

I hope everyone understood :wink:

@ bikespod

I know, the colour scheme is a little odd for those calendar options! Its not something I use very often, so I didnt even notice for a while myself. I never did figure out what to do about that! Other than that, glad you liked it! :wink:

@ mon_nom_est_arnold

m8, I have no idea now what you are talking about!

The simple facts are, if you are trying to get an icon number from the registry to appear on your homescreen, its just not going to happen. You have to make an icon resource. To do that you have to physically build an exe file (or edit one using reshack), and you have to have the desired icon included in that exe file. During the building/editing of the exe file, the number for the icon is set for you (either by SDK or reshack). That number is then inserted into the xml shortcut.

Thats it. Thats how you do it. If you are trying to do it a different way, forget it, it wont work. Just read the "how to" document in the zip file & make your own icon resource, include the icons you want to see, and then edit the xml to include your exe file name & numbers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.