[ROM][Port][ICS] BETA ROM: AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 6.6.9 [05/08/12]

Guest XMasterNinni

Guest XMasterNinni

This is muhahahaah's and my port of...

Information:

This is a mix of ICS source from AOKP project and CM9 Community.

basically most of the patches qcom armv6 platform needed has been implement with CM9's ,

so when I rebuild my KANG upon qcom's ics adreno libs update.

I just simply use CM9 to rebase the whole thing up.

- Burstlam

Kernel: base on ZTE 2.6.35 gingerbread source

source : https://github.com/b...m/zte-turies-35 ,branch gb-source

features: 2way call-recording, Overclock, AXI speedup to 200mhz, CIFS, TUN, ZRAM compcache, KSM, DM-cache enable.

A2SD : open with S2E , download caches automount with CM7 init.d script

SWAP : auto enable with valid Partition layout and swap partition (sdcard layout : FAT-EXT-Swap)

KSM : default enable

Power Menu : Suspend Mode and Hot Reboot Mode added

Screenshots:

post-954494-0-36073300-1343510594_thumb.post-954494-0-93012400-1343510606_thumb.post-954494-0-74860000-1343510638_thumb.post-954494-0-31031100-1343510680_thumb.post-954494-0-81273500-1343510723_thumb.post-954494-0-56719300-1343510746_thumb.post-954494-0-25108200-1343510760_thumb.post-954494-0-19411000-1343510792_thumb.post-954494-0-76680500-1343510807_thumb.post-954494-0-48001900-1343510820_thumb.

Notes:

1. Mms issues : Cannot send / receive

it is an upstream issue of google source codes, generally it is related to APN settings

u may check this thread : http://code.google.c...detail?id=23233 and try some workarounds discussed

I am using the same setting like this guy mentioned

2. On delay with screen lighten up with a call

Get proximity calibration with device menu, then tight after ur first call, calibrate it again

3. Tips for Enable/Disable Softbutton

SOME incompatible issues and setbacks may be a result of enable the softbutton (navbar)

In this case, u may try to disable the navbar with ROMControl.

( In some extreme cases, u need to change the screen density yet I won't recommend with this solution)

Enable the navigation bar control in powermenu with ROM Control.

then Press Power button to call up the Power Menu,

use the quick button with navigation bar control to enable/disable it , no need to reboot, or

create a quick link on desktop with system ui widget

Credits:

• CM9 and AOKP team
  • Burstlam for his awesome Mix of CM9 and AOKP and for the help with GPS
  • tilal6991 for using his ColdFusionX ROM as base and basically being a legend
  • Dazozzo for being my (XMasterNinni) mentor

Edited by XMasterNinni

Guest XMasterNinni

Changelog:

> 28/07/12 - Initial Release

> 05/08/12 - fixed sensors (thx fagyi), fixed GPS, clean up

What's working/What isn't working?

Working :

Network

Mobile data 2G and 3G

WiFi

Bluetooth

Audio

Sensors

H/W acceleation

USB Mass Storage

Native USB and Bluetooth tethering

WiFi tethering - Third party app needed

Camorder

Adhoc mode support

GPS

Not Working :

Panorama Mode

FM

HQ mode Youtube

No video playback with stock gallery

Edited by XMasterNinni

Guest elianoos

Great to see new roms on this forum, good work

I have cm9 coldfusionx of tilal, I like it to much, wat is the benifit i can get over from this rom ???

Does the flash of the camera work with it? or could be done later?

Guest XMasterNinni

Flash doesn't work.

The main benefit is that it's an fast and usable AOKP port. The AOKPFusionX ROM tilal6991 released once wasn't really stable, rather to this.

AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) has lots of features implented, a Powersaver, fully customizable and removable Softkeys, customizable Toggles in the Statusbar and Lockscreen (the Lockscreen it'self can be modified too).

Here's their official website, and an old forum post (more features are implented in Burstlam's as it is 4.0.4)

Guest againx

Flash doesn't work.

The main benefit is that it's an fast and usable AOKP port. The AOKPFusionX ROM tilal6991 released once wasn't really stable, rather to this.

AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) has lots of features implented, a Powersaver, fully customizable and removable Softkeys, customizable Toggles in the Statusbar and Lockscreen (the Lockscreen it'self can be modified too).

Here's their official website, and an old forum post (more features are implented in Burstlam's as it is 4.0.4)

this ROM works fine ,and it has a smoother UI ....I like it very much ...but the chrome doesn't work ..... :huh:

Guest againx

What do you mean with "Chrome"? Google Chrome? It isn't working for armv6 devices, it's only for armv7.

oOh,thank you ,i understand .......how about the firefox?? I try the firefox,and it doesn't work also......

Guest chrisbrew

Good rom but rotation doesn't work and the softkeys work sometimes. Also the browser is really slow compared to gb and cm9.

Guest muhahahaah

Good rom but rotation doesn't work and the softkeys work sometimes. Also the browser is really slow compared to gb and cm9.

Softkeys working fine for me. also browser seems okay.

and we'll take a look at the rotation.

Guest omegavesko

The Google Apps link is missing in the second post. I think the latest one on goo.im should work, but it may be confusing for some.

Guest omegavesko

Just flashed it, and I'm definitely going to keep it for a while. I really like the new additions, and I haven't noticed any issues other than the usual 4.0+ ones. It seems smoother than CFX for me.

Edited by omegavesko

Guest XMasterNinni

Thanks, I'll add the Google Apps Link!

Especially the Power Saver is very nice...it saves my battery up to a day longer!

Edited by XMasterNinni

Guest sui785

Battery saver is badword' awesome, automatically switches to 2G when I turn the screen off and switches back to HSPDA when I turn it on.

Killer rom! :D