[CM10.1]Simple2ext

Guest AROdame

Guest AROdame

Hi , i used CM 10.1 and S2E from jb 4.1.2 not working , I used simple script and s2e from CM7 and Created flashable zip.

Tested on CM10.1 Build 12.1 & 15.1 , Working 100%

-------------------------------------------------------------------

mf_435982027_24a4b0f574ec39022464bc0a5dfba5e5.jpg

Simple2EXT.jb4.2 http://www.mediafire...o0ltnbu0caaaa4v

Flash zip via CWM Recovery , and configure in s2e :)

note: ext partition mounted ! do not mount ext4 in s2e !

enjoy

Edited by AROdame

Guest peetu20

The hacked s2e on cm10.1 thread losed apps often. Konsta losed his apps. When i tested cm10.1 and hacked s2e i losed my all apps too. You didnt lose your apps, with this script?

Guest AROdame

i flashed 15.1 build without wipe and flashed this zip , script only mount sd-ext , not format , apps from sdext not deleted , with script

Edited by AROdame

Guest dhavaljp.95

By flashing the above zip does it create a partition itself without formatting ? I had one zip which used to create 1 but I lost it ! Does this create ?? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest ds-driver

High,

i am also searching for an s2e solution for CM10.1. Until now, i have no success.

I´m astonished, that some guys had no problems with s2e and CM10.1 - i can´t understand...

When i installed CM10.1 and restored my apps with TB, TB stops after restoring roundabout 150 MB...

I also tried to use mount2sd - similar to s2e, but officially compatible to CM10.1. But similar issues like on s2e.

I need CM10.1 - but i also need more than 160 MB memory for apps - what shall i do ?

greetings

P.

Edited by ds-driver

Guest shoobirdy

Currently using on ParanoidAndroid Blade 3.1/AOSPA 4.2.2 rom and seems to be working a treat so far - app management showing 19mb at the moment :D

Thanks AROdame!

Guest kogos

i will test this one, because all other scripts that use ext partition have problems with cm10.1

I am just a little worried about the filesize. This seems to be very small in size, comparing with the standard s2e... weird.

Edited by kogos

Guest ds-driver

HIgh,

how are your experiences with the s2e-Version of this post. Because i have wiped and installed CM10.1 because of problems with some other "CM10.1-s2e-Versions" aboiut ten times...

Some people said, there was a 1GB limit, other have no problems with 1.8 GB SD-Ext..

i am really confused at the moment, but have no desire to re-install it in order to cm10.1 wiping again

greeting

P.

Guest ds-driver

Yes,

link2sd will function. But can i restore for example backups from TitaniumBackup automatically into the link2sd memory on ext-sd ? I don´t think so - nor ?

Guest kogos

i never tried it but i don't see why not.

edit: i just looked it up on google out of curiosity, and it seems that titanium works with link2sd, according to this.

Edited by kogos

• 2 weeks later...
Guest robreid

I used Link2SD for a while with KonstaT's ROMs and didn't have any problems - you can set to auto-link and restore from Titanium but it takes a bit longer.

The other thing with Link2SD is that your /data partition still slowly fills up, I haven't really made up my mind but I think S2E is the better option all round.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...