Map button for TCPMP player?

Guest NisseGurra

Guest NisseGurra

Found this fantastic player and would like to remap the rewind/play/forward buttons on my QTEK 8300 to use TCPMP instead of Windows media player. Anyone that can help?

/Gurra

I've been trying to figure that one out as well. it is probably in the registry somewhere... i'm still searching.

Found this fantastic player and would like to remap the rewind/play/forward buttons on my QTEK 8300 to use TCPMP instead of Windows media player. Anyone that can help?

/Gurra

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest namiran

Could you guys who own a qtek 8300 or sp5 give us the content of these files in your phone

/windows/Short_AP1.lnk

/windows/Short_AP2.lnk

/windows/Short_AP3.lnk

/windows/Short_AP4.lnk

Im guessing these are the names. Just copy them to your pc and open them up in notepad and show us the contents here :)

Now to help you guys, these files mentioned aboved are the links between the button and the program it uses. This isnt made from the registry (atleast not on qtek 8310) so just change the content of these files on your pc and copy them back to your phone. I think you need to have the phone software unlocked for this.

I dont know what you need to write in these files however, but im sure the creater of TCPMP can help you since it is just a simple string, just search around on modaco, im sure his around here somewhere :D

Guest NisseGurra
Could you guys who own a qtek 8300 or sp5 give us the content of these files in your phone

/windows/Short_AP1.lnk

/windows/Short_AP2.lnk

/windows/Short_AP3.lnk

/windows/Short_AP4.lnk

Im guessing these are the names. Just copy them to your pc and open them up in notepad and show us the contents here :)

Now to help you guys, these files mentioned aboved are the links between the button and the program it uses. This isnt made from the registry (atleast not on qtek 8310) so just change the content of these files on your pc and copy them back to your phone. I think you need to have the phone software unlocked for this.

I dont know what you need to write in these files however, but im sure the creater of TCPMP can help you since it is just a simple string, just search around on modaco, im sure his around here somewhere :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

/windows/Short_AP1.lnk = \Windows\iexplore.exe

/windows/Short_AP2.lnk = 19#\Windows\wmplayer.exe (same for AP2-4)

Edited by NisseGurra

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's also a Short_POC (the button above volume) that goes to the connection manager and SHORT_CAMERA, that goes to the camera software.

Unfortunately, it looks like these are in ROM, and there's nothing in the registry that directly points to them.

Guest namiran

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So there AP2-4 looks Exactly thesame? The one i use now for my 8310 looks like this

23#\Windows\wmplayer.exe?:medialibrary

i would have guest yours would have some parameter that would make it use the play previous and next buttons :)

• 1 month later...

/Gurra

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't help you with your query but maybe you can help me with mine. I have just downloaded the TCPMP to my Sp5 (same as 8300) but I can't get it to find the songs on my storage card. WMP 10 just looks for folder and does the rest. Appreciate your help.

• 1 month later...
Guest derekyeu

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a US Tmobile SDA. Here are my files

/windows/Short_AP1.lnk = 19#\Windows\iexplore.exe http://www.bloglines.com

/windows/Short_AP2.lnk = 19#\Windows\wmplayer.exe

/windows/Short_AP3.lnk = 19#\Windows\wmplayer.exe

/windows/Short_AP4.lnk = 19#\Windows\wmplayer.exe

I changed button one to open Bloglines. It was originally set to open t-mobile's website. I just copied the files to my PC. Change them and copy them back to the /windows directory on my SDA. I remove the battery from the phone and reboot. Surprise to me! The setting stays. I thought the files are in the ROM and therefore not changeable. Appearantly not for my SDA.

Derek

• 1 month later...
Guest conan_troutman

tcpmp has the ability to set any button you choose to what you want in the settings menu as for finding media to play you select file then direct your player the folder the files are in select all or one hit back press play.

or its that easy on the mpx220 version i have.