Beta Macromedia Flash player for Smartphone

Guest bu_kandar83

Guest nickcornaglia

Okay....I couldnt take it.

I downloaded it. SCANNED IT!. Then tried it.

You place an exe on your phone and the supplied SWF file.

Associate SWF's with the program and it will play SWFs on your phone.

There is a flash file that runs if you run the program directly which seems to be a demo of Smartphones but I couldnt get it to work past the first screen.

GOOD NEWS:

It does play swf files that I placed onto the phone as well.

BAD NEWS:

You cant navigate thru the file without the upcoming flash component which will allow flash authors to write phone controls into their flash work.

It doesnt resize the flash to fit the screen. If it's bigger than 176 x 220....you cant see it.

It doesnt work thru internet explorer...so surfing to flash sites is STILL out.

=========

This seems to be a first step in getting flash player to work on the smartphone. But without touchscreens or without flashfiles written with the new mobile component...I dont believe you'll be able to navigate thru any flash file that requires navigating, button pressing, text input, etc.

Guest Al Cool

Hello,

I ve just download it, it works and rocks on my SPVe200 !

After using it i lauch SP TM Nettoyage to stop working all non system application.

I don t find now troubles... maybe later, i don t know.

What about who download and work it ?

So i m looking for SWF files to try more, who have ones ?

Guest bu_kandar83

Hi there again,,

i did not send a virus file or some thing eles ..

i`m just try it on my i-mate smartphone 2 and it is work .. with some problems

MAYBE YOU SCARED ABOUT ((( JUST TRY IT ))))

you can scan this file with norton or any program to be sure it clear..

that all & i`m sorry ...

Guest maxh2003

ResHacker finds the following information when pointed at this EXE:

VALUE "CompanyName", "Macromedia, Inc."

VALUE "FileDescription", "Macromedia Flash Player 6.0 r79"

VALUE "FileVersion", "6,0,79,0"

VALUE "InternalName", "Macromedia Flash Player 6.0"

VALUE "LegalCopyright", "Copyright © 1996-2003 Macromedia, Inc."

VALUE "LegalTrademarks", "Macromedia Flash Player"

VALUE "OriginalFilename", "SAFlashPlayer.exe"

VALUE "ProductName", "Shockwave Flash"

VALUE "ProductVersion", "6,0,79,0"

It also finds a bunch of menus and popup dialog boxes whcih look very strange for a Smartphone app - there are four top-level menus, for instance.

On that basis I tried running it on my PocketPC, and lo-and-behold all the menus and so on appear.

So what I think we have here is probably the bog-standard standalone PocketPC Flash player. But since it's confirmed working on Smartphones, albeit with no resize, no exit, and so on, I think bu_kandar83 has stumbled on something useful.

Now, I wonder if we/I/someone could write a Smartphone app to send events to this thing (like a QUIT or RESIZE event) to make up for the menus and buttons that aren't available. I'm sure such a thing should be possible...

Guest maxh2003

One further point of interest. Running this on PocketPC gives a "Build Projector..." menu option. I loaded up the sample Kuwait.SWF, and chose "Build Projector". The result is an executable file (.EXE) which runs on Smartphone without "Beta Macromedia Flash.exe" needing to be present! :-D

It also worked with this sample Macromedia application, though I couldn't hit the "START" button on Smartphone -> http://www.macromedia.com//devnet/mx/flash...es/swf/maze.swf

So, does anyone know of a Macromedia Flash app anywhere which is controlled ONLY using the number keys 0 - 9, so we can test key input? Failing that would someone care to knock up an app which has (say) zero mapped to Quit, and 1 mapped to something "interesting" like a Hello World message?

can this program play with the iexplorer to see web pages with flash?

If it's what I think it is, then no. This is the stand-alone player only. There *is* a PocketPC Internet Explorer plugin, but I don't suppose it would work on Smartphone. Has anyone ever tried it?

Guest maxh2003
how to load a .swf file on the program ?

1) Put the contents of the zip file somewhere on your phone.

2) Using Binarys' excellent SmartExplorer, navigate to Kuwait.SWF. Hit File -> Open -> Open with...

3) When the "Select program to use:" box comes up, choose Menu -> Add to list.

4) When the "Add application to list" box comes up, browse to Beta Macromedia Flash.EXE, then hit Done.

5) Now you're back in the "Open With..." box. Highlight "Beta Macromedia Flash", (optionally) press 5 ("Always open with this app"), then hit Open.

To get out of the SWF file once it's playing:

E200s and later: push and hold the Home button til you get the QuickList. Release then press Home again, then via the start menu, start up the Task Manager of your choice, and kill off the Flash application.

Earlier phones than E200: reboot your phone...

Guest rcperez
One further point of interest.  Running this on PocketPC gives a "Build Projector..." menu option.  I loaded up the sample Kuwait.SWF, and chose "Build Projector".  The result is an executable file (.EXE) which runs on Smartphone without "Beta Macromedia Flash.exe" needing to be present! :-D

It also worked with this sample Macromedia application, though I couldn't hit the "START" button on Smartphone -> http://www.macromedia.com//devnet/mx/flash...es/swf/maze.swf

So, does anyone know of a Macromedia Flash app anywhere which is controlled ONLY using the number keys 0 - 9, so we can test key input?  Failing that would someone care to knock up an app which has (say) zero mapped to Quit, and 1 mapped to something "interesting" like a Hello World message? 

If it's what I think it is, then no. This is the stand-alone player only. There *is* a PocketPC Internet Explorer plugin, but I don't suppose it would work on Smartphone. Has anyone ever tried it?

got it :)

Guest maxh2003
How did you get the build option to show up on your ppc? im trying it now on mine but it just loads a demo like kiosk.

Yep, if you just hit the executable directly from File Manager, it goes into some kind of demo. If you use Resco Explorer or something similar to open the Kuwait.SWF file "with" Beta Macromedia Flash.exe, then not only will it load up that SWF and start drawing the Kuwaiti flag, but also the (four) menus will appear.

Where that demo is coming from, what it's for or why it's built into this EXE, are all interesting questions I can't answer...

Guest maxh2003
is there anyway to change the resolution of the flash suitable for our smartphone ?

What we need are SWF files which *expect* to run at 176x180 or thereabouts. Even on PocketPC, you can't Zoom Out in order to see the whole app - you can only zoom out to 100%, and no further, so if an app is bigger than 240x320 you can't see it all at the same time in PPC.

:edit: oops, wrong. The PPC version displays View menu -> Show All option, which zooms out to show the whole app. If we could somehow hack this so the "Show All" menu option could be called, I guess it might work...

Guest nickcornaglia

All this talk about hacking an unfinished, stolen, proof-of-concept, app.

Apparently Macromedia is working on it...why dont we all just be happy and wait for the final finished version???