Where to buy headphone adaptor?

Guest Cybertronic

Guest Cybertronic

I bought one from eBay and when I use it, the volume has become extremely quiet but the headphones are fine on a K750i with an adaptor :?:

Does anyone know where I can buy a fully working one that doesn't quieten the sound on the headphones? :)

Please let me know :D

Edited by Cybertronic

Guest gsm122448
I bought one from eBay and when I use it, the volume has become extremely quiet but the headphones are fine on a K750i with an adaptor :?:

Does anyone know where I can buy a fully working one that doesn't quieten the sound on the headphones? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use one from Maplin Electronics (http://www.maplin.co.uk) Product Code: FA94C.

This seems to work without affecting the volume.

Guest Cybertronic

It looks a little too big for me ;)

I'd prefer one that has a 90 degree connector along with a wire with the adaptor on which I have from eBay, but of course I prefer one that doesn't affect the volume :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The headphones are fine on the K750i with the SAME adapter or a different one? Might be an impedance problem with the adapter in which case I would be very wary of using it again.

Guest Cybertronic

The K750i uses a different plug for their own headphones at the bottom of the phone itself so it's a different adaptor with the same headphones and it works fine :)

The K750i uses a different plug for their own headphones at the bottom of the phone itself so it's a different adaptor with the same headphones and it works fine :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would think there is a problem with the adapter and would avoid using it again, in case you damage the headphone socket. I want a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter also, but I want one where I can still use the mic function - I saw an adapter once that split into two 3.5mm sockets - a stereo headset one and a mic input but I can't find it now. Bah.

Guest Cybertronic

The adaptor also felt loose compared to the bundled headphones :?:

Not only it quietens the sound, it sometimes quietens other frequencies such as voice in the songs but I can hear some of the beats loud enough :?:

The adaptor also felt loose compared to the bundled headphones :?:

Not only it quietens the sound, it sometimes quietens other frequencies such as voice in the songs but I can hear some of the beats loud enough :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Weirdly enough I get that on my C500 headset. There is a loose/broken wire somewhere in the plug and if I twist the cable in the right way it plays normally. Maybe the adapter has a poor connection or maybe a poor earth.

It seems that PC Mobile has the correct adaptor which has 3 rings :)

The one I had was 2 rings :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I forgot about the shorting across the pins on a stereo adapter - although I thought this ended up with only one headphone working not a drop in audio volume. Real question is this the item I need http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119294 or is that two many segments on the plug (4 metal segments/3 black bands)? I don't have my dodgy headset with me today.

Guest m1.carson

Hi,

The more I read through the posts the more confused I get, talking about 2 rings and 3 rings. you should buy the ready made one from PC-mobile if this is your tech talk.

Otherwise, buy a 3.5 in-line SOCKET from Maplins, cut your headphone cable above the microphone, i.e. only cut the headphones off, solder the socket on and you can fit any 3.5mm headphones into it and still retain the mic function and you don't have to try and find the correct plug that goes into the phone with it's various pin outs.

Good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought one for my SP5 from MobileFun website. It's abour 3 inches in length with the connectors either side of the cable. It works great with no volume loss.

Their code number is 3763 check it out....

Guest Cybertronic

Just received my new one off eBay, it works perfect :D

As for the microphone, it does disable it as it's only one socket, you can buy adaptors that have both microphone and headphone :)

Guest Driekus

Anyone here who has any experience with THIS ONE from addonsworld.co.uk?

Or any experience with this shop whatsoever? I'm thinking about ordering a headphone converter with them, along with some other stuff, as their delivery rates are rather good, even outside the UK.

Edited by Driekus

Guest Sgt_Strider
Just received my new one off eBay, it works perfect :D

As for the microphone, it does disable it as it's only one socket, you can buy adaptors that have both microphone and headphone :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean by 1 socket? How many rings are on the "pin"?

Do you have a picture?

Guest Cybertronic

You can see the auction here :)

In the pictures it has 3 rings so does mine :D

As for the one socket, I've seen adaptors that have 2 sockets in 1 which connects to the phone to allow both headphone and microphone :?:

Guest chaznet

As this forumn is geared towards the HTC Tornado and variants, I thought the reference to the PC Mobile headphone adapter with a microphone was comatable with my iMate SP5m -- I assumed wrong. I emailed the vendor, and received a response that had I asked, they would've told me not to order it and that I could return it for a refund. They further mentioned they'd never tried it with this phone, and didn't have one for testing. What I ran into:

** The volume control wheel is flakey -- static sound when turning it, with volume going out completely with the slightest press, have to tap the microphone/volume casing to get sound back, or fidgeting with the volume wheel works.

** You have to plug your headphones in "just right" or the right side volume cuts out. ie: I can't put the headphone plug in all the way, have to push it in and then pull out until the right headphone has sound. After this, you have to be careful not to touch the headphone plug (where your headphones plug into the micrphone) or you'll be repeating the process again.

** With headphones plugged in, the microphone hangs down to far to be of any use unless you pull it up to your mouth -- which you'll do after you answer the call using your phone as you can't from the the big microphone with the functionless silver button. Hold your phone with one hand, and the microphone up to your mouth with the other -- how practical.

** Maybe it's a SP5m-thing, but the button on the microphone does nothing -- doesn't answer, or hang up, or mute...

** With the iMate SP5m, this contraption serves as a big, heavy, headphone adapter that has a lot of quirks. Less must be more :)

Am moving on to something SP3i compatable: http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~unit~iMA...~PPCPADPT11.htm

Hopefully, less is more :D

Edited by chaznet

• 1 month later...
Guest matt.elphick
Has anyone tried this? It gives stereo output for the Audiovox 5600

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Audiovox-SMT-5600-...1QQcmdZViewItem

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want to use Standard Stereo headphones on The SP3/C500/C600 variants without having to have a microphone in tow you will need a 2.5mm Male 4 pole Jack to 3.5mm female 3pole jack adapter which does not make use of the extra pole at the phone and eliminates risk of shorting 2 poles.

I have found a few here: http://www.expansys.com/search.asp?sid=2381626&page=1

Specifically This one looks to be of interest: http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119290 - I'm gona buy one of these for my C600 and give it a try.