New Samsung i300x

Guest awarner

Guest awarner [MVP]

Looks like Samsung have been busy updating the i300, the updated phone now boasts Windows Mobile 5 and an even larger 4GB storage capacity.

Maximum temptation

First-class specifications make the Samsung i300x an extraordinary mobile phone. With a huge 4 GB hard drive, the i300x knows no limits. Save your work, your music and your memories and if you run out of space, you can capture the rest of your life on the hard drive. Use the Windows™ Mobile interface and make working on the move easy. Read your documents and PDFs with the document viewer and transfer them all to your PC wirelessly with Bluetooth® wireless technology. You can also download data onto your computer via USB or IrDA. The i300x is a truly professional entertainment phone.

Everything you need

The Samsung i300x opens up a fast, new world of mobile communication. With intelligent functions such as the e-mail client, document viewer, Web browser, multi-format music player, 1.3 megapixel camera and ActiveSync, you always have your office to hand, your music in your pocket, and your photos straight in the album. Whats more, the 262,144-colour TFT (QVGA) display makes working easier and shows your pictures and movies in the best light. The i300x has everything you need.

Simply breathtaking

Pump up the music and lose yourself in the groove. Feel the rhythm and enter the next dimension. With the i300xs multi-format music player, you will experience impressive 3D stereo sound to rival live concerts, and with over 1,000 songs, you will have over 50 hours of non-stop music at your fingertips. With the integrated jog dial navigation, its quick and easy to switch between tracks. The i300x and music together, theyre guaranteed to make life better.

ph_i300_black.gif

For more information Visit Samsung HERE

Thanks to wesbar for spotting the info on GSMArena

Guest fluffcat1
,Jan 15 2006, 14:16] THe new model also has a QVGA screen ;)

As does the old one. The only difference I can see is the 4gb HDD and the O.S which gives us i300 ( 2003) owners hope of an upgrade path...

Richard

edit - nothing on the official site mentions wm2005 by name...

"Windows MobileTM OS for smartphones" is listed in the specs.

Edited by fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1
Never mind all that nonsense. Have they improved the battery life? :D

It's still a samsung isn't it ? ;)

Hardware looks identical so I doubt it unless wm2005 makes a massive difference.

Richard

Guest Paul [MVP]

Weird, I questioned Samsung UK PR on Friday about this and they said it only had launch details in Korea atm.

Watch this space, i'll be reviewing the i300 this week, and indeed giving one away ;)

P

Guest fluffcat1
Weird, I questioned Samsung UK PR on Friday about this and they said it only had launch details in Korea atm.

The details of the i300 (2003) seem to have been pulled from Samsung's UK website, and the i300x details are live there now. If it was Korea only for now then they wouldn't have done this surely? Launching/announcing a newer model 1 month after the 'old' one becomes freely available in a market is bad PR - who's going to buy an outdated i300 now when they can get a larger capacity and wm2005 ( allegedly) ?

But if it takes the same length of time to arrive here after announcing, that the i300 itself did, then it's a good 1/2 year or so off :|

Richard

Guest Jamma14

Watch this space, i'll be reviewing the i300 this week, and indeed giving one away ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D (Nearest to drool icon)

And how mights yous be giving this away Mr P??

A competition of some kind?

James

PS. Here's hoping the i300x can last a day of moderate use, then one might be on the cards.

doubt it would be released on orange as they were the first ones to have SPV's and have a range of them unlike O2. This one is "O2's" version of SPV's if you like....

Guest fluffcat1

Seems two different sites for the i300 with different specs from the same company are still up...

samsung.com/uk:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/mobilep...p?page=Features

and uk.samsungmobile.com:

http://uk.samsungmobile.com/mobile_phone/s...00x/feature.jsp

wonder who's right, and if we'll see the i300x here in the UK?...I'm betting we won't but it's a helluva slip up if we aren't going to for it to be on the 2nd website...

Richard

Guest fluffcat1
doubt it would be released on orange as they were the first ones to have SPV's and have a range of them unlike O2. This one is "O2's" version of SPV's if you like....

o2 were the first with a (HTC) windows mobile phone / pda, and currently have the o2 x-phone range - and this is nothing like an SPV. There's no dust inside it ;)

If they wanted an 'o2' version of the spv they'd, er, sell an o2 branded HTC handset in the UK like those already available in other o2 terratories.

I can just image Peter Erskine now....

( Oh no! Orange have the SPV in the UK! Aha! But we have the X-phone design! - but we'd better not sell it in the UK as unlike the XDA it would never do to have multiple clones of the same phone on the market! Quick, lets launch the samsung i-300 as 'our' SPV!)

:D

Orange have run down stocks of the c550 on PAYG so perhaps they need another smartphone 'music player' and there are rumours they are thinking about the i300:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/21/or..._takes_on_ipod/

"Orange also let on that it was currently looking at the two hard disk based phones – the Nokia N91 and the Samsung SGH-i300 "

o2's exclusivity in the uk for the handset expires in a week's time. I hope orange do launch it as then I'll get the proper settings from them but we'll see. Maybe in a few months/years. :roll:

Richard

Guest awarner [MVP]
Seems two different sites for the i300 with different specs from the same company are still up...

samsung.com/uk:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/mobilep...p?page=Features

and uk.samsungmobile.com:

http://uk.samsungmobile.com/mobile_phone/s...00x/feature.jsp

wonder who's right, and if we'll see the i300x here in the UK?...I'm betting we won't but it's a helluva slip up if we aren't going to for it to be on the 2nd website...

Richard

The UK link is for the i300 and not the i300x so both sites are correct ;)

Guest fluffcat1
The UK link is for the i300 and not the i300x so both sites are correct ;)

They're both UK links, but one would seem to be the responsibility of Samsung UK overall, the other Samsung Mobile UK.

Now, you'd think Samsung Mobile would have the correct specs if one of them were to be wrong but they list the i300x as opposed to the i300 which is already out here, and in the 'mobile history' pages on that site, there is *no* mention of the i300! But it goes back as far as the a300, my first samsung mobile circa 2001!

And to muddy the waters further, Samsung's UK PR says it (i300x) won't be out over here and they don't know why it's on the website...

Hmmmmm.....

Richard

Guest Socrates

How is battery life with the 1700 mah battery?

How is the reliability of the hard drive. Phones take a beating and tiny little moving parts seem like a bad idea.

Also, is this phone not quad band? No 850 listed?

Guest Paul [MVP]
How is battery life with the 1700 mah battery?

How is the reliability of the hard drive. Phones take a beating and tiny little moving parts seem like a bad idea.

Also, is this phone not quad band? No 850 listed?

I get a day with the big battery ;)

Tri-band, not quad band...

P

Guest roma0803
Any word on when it's coming out in Europe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The i300 is completely cancelled for release in Europe and will be replaced by the i300x. No ATA though.

Guest davidhoff

What about the processor? In a 2005 review i read about a pxa272 processor clocked on 416 mhz!

Btw. nice that there will be a 10 pins to 3,5mm connection standard in the packet! Oké I know the 3,5mm connection should be a standard in a phone called "music phone" but nonetheless it should be a better quality as mine 2,5to3,5 connection!

Edited by davidhoff

Guest fluffcat1
The i300 is completely cancelled for release in Europe and will be replaced by the i300x. No ATA though.

Proof? If it's 'completley cancelled 'are they going to come round my house and take mine off me then, as well as the 25 or so I saw in an o2 store in York today?... ;)

Unless you can quote some proof please don't just say stuff :|

Richard

Guest roma0803
Proof? If it's 'completley cancelled 'are they going to come round my house and take mine off me then, as well as the 25 or so I saw in an o2 store in York today?... ;)

Unless you can quote some proof please don't just say stuff  :|

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, was a bit to general here. Except for the UK the phone is cancelled and will not be released on the mainland.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.