SPV M600 - Red non flashing LED

Guest Chiz

Guest Chiz

I stupidly dropped my M600 (less than a week old) down the toilet. I let it dry out a bit yesterday and it now seems to be working.

One thing that has changed is that the LED is permantly red whilst the green one still flashes.

Does anyone know what the red light means? Probably means it's dying/dead but I can't find any reference to it anywhere.

I do not have insurance on it.

Thanks

Chiz

Edited by Chiz

Guest Paul (MVP)

The red LED normally lights when the battery is very low and the phone is taking an initial charge prior to being able to boot I believe... but I wouldn't swear on it.

Does it appear to be working properly?

P

Guest jimbouk

Try going to sounds and notifications, notifications tab and clearing the settings that say "flash light" for each type of notification.

Then soft reset phone and see if it still has the red led.

Guest Chiz
Try going to sounds and notifications, notifications tab and clearing the settings that say "flash light" for each type of notification.

Then soft reset phone and see if it still has the red led.

Thanks jimbouk.

Just did what you said and looks like that has solved it.

I think I had the flash light ticked for text messages, so that might have been what it was.

Thanks for you help.

Chiz

Guest Chiz
Thanks jimbouk.

Just did what you said and looks like that has solved it.

I think I had the flash light ticked for text messages, so that might have been what it was.

Thanks for you help.

Chiz

No it's not solved. The red LED is back on now.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Guest fraser

The red led can indicate an "unread" notification, but it usually flashes. I get it for missed calls, txt messages and emails. The way to get rid of it is to ensure that you clear the "message bubble" that pops up on the top title bar showing you that there is a notification. You can change whether or not you get the message bubbles. Personally I like them and I'm sure to clear them manually.

Try a hard reset if it seems to be a persistant problem. The fact that you got it to clear once offers a glimmer of hope that it's not a hardware problem.

Oh, and on the same LED, I get orange when it's charging (red + green together) and green when it's charged. I'd imagine that these would be common features across all phones on the same OS.

Guest Chiz

Thanks Fraser

Think the hard reset is the way to go as I can't seem to get it removed and have no outstanding messages/notifications.

Chiz

Guest fraser
Think the hard reset is the way to go as I can't seem to get it removed and have no outstanding messages/notifications.

The problem I found is that if you don't clear it quickly, it disappears from the title bar with the light still flashing, so it may reoccur after a reset. Try just clicking on all the icons up there, it sometimes works for me. ;)