mp3 ringtones 101

Guest redjay

Guest redjay

O.K here goes. I'll spare you the boring details but for three days I couldn't get my own ripped mp3 tracks to play as my ringtone :P The manual/CD that came with the phone was as much use as the preverbial chocolate teapot :)

So I found this site and someone had said if you put the mp3 file into

strorage/my documents

then you would be sorted. No, still didn't work ;) So then I downloaded a test song from a ringtones company. Right enough it went to

storage/my documents :D

Then I realised my mistake :)

You need to make sure you have your mp3 file named as an mp3 file, i.e. my track called 'pusher' had to be renamed 'pusher.mp3'.

Now I can have any track in my cd collection as my ringtone B)

P.S. I use 'express rip' to rip my mp3s for free

Apologies to almost everyone who will be reading this and saying that it's obvious to name your tracks .mp3 but in case there are others as uninitiated (read:thick) I hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kepners

hi redjay,

i have read this over and over again,... and i cant find out how you did it. it just wont work. are u sure everything is written up or the dorectories i am have to upload this file to is correct.

write back to me please buddy.

O.K here goes. I'll spare you the boring details but for three days I couldn't get my own ripped mp3 tracks to play as my ringtone :P The manual/CD that came with the phone was as much use as the preverbial chocolate teapot :)

So I found this site and someone had said if you put the mp3 file into

strorage/my documents

then you would be sorted. No, still didn't work ;) So then I downloaded a test song from a ringtones company. Right enough it went to

storage/my documents :D

Then I realised my mistake :)

You need to make sure you have your mp3 file named as an mp3 file, i.e. my track called 'pusher' had to be renamed 'pusher.mp3'.

Now I can have any track in my cd collection as my ringtone B)

P.S. I use 'express rip' to rip my mp3s for free

Apologies to almost everyone who will be reading this and saying that it's obvious to name your tracks .mp3 but in case there are others as uninitiated (read:thick) I hope this helps.

Guest Disco Stu

Assuming the i300 is the same as other phones, put your MP3s (or wavs, wmas, midis) into \Storage \Application Data \Sounds to get them to show up.

Alternatively try \Storage Card or \Storage Card \My Documents, though this possibly won't work for anything other than the ringtone itself.

:)

Guest kepners

ok that worked half disco stu,

thank you, i now shows in the ringtones but doesnt show up in the SMS notifcations. where should i put the mp3 for them to show up there?

but thank you for the first part disco stu!

keps

Assuming the i300 is the same as other phones, put your MP3s (or wavs, wmas, midis) into \Storage \Application Data \Sounds to get them to show up.

Alternatively try \Storage Card or \Storage Card \My Documents, though this possibly won't work for anything other than the ringtone itself.

:)

Guest kepners

forgot to say, that i put them in to \Storage\Application Data\Sounds for them only to show up as ringtones only. i would like them to show up as MSM notication

can you help discostu.

keps

ok that worked half disco stu,

thank you, i now shows in the ringtones but doesnt show up in the SMS notifcations. where should i put the mp3 for them to show up there?

but thank you for the first part disco stu!

keps

Guest Disco Stu

I think you can only use wav files for any type of notification. I also think you may have to store them on the phone rather than the storage card, but I may be wrong on the last part.