Bad service (and Marketing) policy fron HTC

Guest sergiopi

Guest sergiopi

SO is clear, screen aligment issue is a TyTN harware fault, as clearly stated from TyTN OFFICIAL WIKI

They say also DO NOT BUY TyTn with serial n. between 62xxx and 63(1-5 xxx)

SO my (AND THE MAJORITY OF YOURS) TyTN is a brick now, I can't sell (none would it if they check on HTC website) I can't swap (I had screen alignment problem after one month, because I am a good user, I am not used to overheat or strongly squeeze my phone, as they ask to do in the first period), should only be REPAIRED, but the serial wil be always the same, waiting long time to have it back (repaired also means a month waiting at least)

SO instead of saying "sorry guys, thank's to chose HTC, it was our fault, this is a new one" they said : "IS YOUR FAULT, YOU HAVE TO OVERHEAT AND SQUEEZE IT DURING THE FIRST WEEK, FOLKS"

We have only a solution in my mind, to send many e-mail to

[email protected] (HTC press room)

I am owner of a TyTN phone with serial number between HTC62xxx and HTC63(1-5)xxx. I am a normal user, not used to overheat and squeeze my phone during the first two weeks of ownership and now I have the screen alignment issue. You know it is YOUR fault, please swap my phone with a new one.

Please learn from INTEL lesson and avoid this letter and the case explained to all newspaper, analists and so on http://www.mackido.com/History/History_PentBug.html

I want it swapped with a non-fault one even after the first 2 weeks

__________________________________________________ _______________

Post this message everywere in the Pocket PC forum, hermes forum and we will avoid to have the most precious brik of our life!

This is the first page from HTCWIKI

( http://www.htcwiki.com/page/TyTN )

TyTN

TyTN Release Date: July 2006

(a.k.a. Hermes, Vodafone 1605, Orange SPV M3100)

IMPORTANT: 70% of HTC TyTN devices have screen alignment problem!!!

HTC WILL NOT REPLACE IT AFTER TWO WEEKS, YOU CAN ONLY GET IT REPAIRED. So push it hard and make it hot on your first week after buying it to see if the screen alginment problem appears on your device, otherwise the screen alignment problem will appear later and your device will not be replaced, only repaired as per HTC DOA.

If you are thinking of buying an HTC TyTN, make sure you get an HTC636 or higher serrial number. Avoid S/N HTC62XXX and HTC63[1-5]XXX

Guest nuttyphilt

That site isn't an 'official' site.

And 70% seems an over estimate at best.

I don't understand why it's an expensive brick. If it's faulty, then HTC repair it, then you use it as originally intended.

Guest richard_d
SO is clear, screen aligment issue is a TyTN harware fault, as clearly stated from TyTN OFFICIAL WIKI

They say also DO NOT BUY TyTn with serial n. between 62xxx and 63(1-5 xxx)

SO my (AND THE MAJORITY OF YOURS) TyTN is a brick now, I can't sell (none would it if they check on HTC website) I can't swap (I had screen alignment problem after one month, because I am a good user, I am not used to overheat or strongly squeeze my phone, as they ask to do in the first period), should only be REPAIRED, but the serial wil be always the same, waiting long time to have it back (repaired also means a month waiting at least)

SO instead of saying "sorry guys, thank's to chose HTC, it was our fault, this is a new one" they said : "IS YOUR FAULT, YOU HAVE TO OVERHEAT AND SQUEEZE IT DURING THE FIRST WEEK, FOLKS"

We have only a solution in my mind, to send many e-mail to

[email protected] (HTC press room)

I am owner of a TyTN phone with serial number between HTC62xxx and HTC63(1-5)xxx. I am a normal user, not used to overheat and squeeze my phone during the first two weeks of ownership and now I have the screen alignment issue. You know it is YOUR fault, please swap my phone with a new one.

Please learn from INTEL lesson and avoid this letter and the case explained to all newspaper, analists and so on http://www.mackido.com/History/History_PentBug.html

I want it swapped with a non-fault one even after the first 2 weeks

__________________________________________________ _______________

Post this message everywere in the Pocket PC forum, hermes forum and we will avoid to have the most precious brik of our life!

This is the first page from HTCWIKI

( http://www.htcwiki.com/page/TyTN )

TyTN

TyTN Release Date: July 2006

(a.k.a. Hermes, Vodafone 1605, Orange SPV M3100)

IMPORTANT: 70% of HTC TyTN devices have screen alignment problem!!!

HTC WILL NOT REPLACE IT AFTER TWO WEEKS, YOU CAN ONLY GET IT REPAIRED. So push it hard and make it hot on your first week after buying it to see if the screen alginment problem appears on your device, otherwise the screen alignment problem will appear later and your device will not be replaced, only repaired as per HTC DOA.

If you are thinking of buying an HTC TyTN, make sure you get an HTC636 or higher serrial number. Avoid S/N HTC62XXX and HTC63[1-5]XXX

Can you supply the address of the official Tytn wiki you quote? The only Wiki for Tytn that I've seen is the xda developers site which is no more official than this one.

Where do you get 70% from? The highest figure I've seen is on a poll on the xda developers site and that was giving around 54% last time I looked (which bearing in mind that it's a largely self selecting audience of very early adopters and those seeking help with a problem is going to be over high).

If you've had your phone less than a month then at least in the UK your retailer should replace it.

I don't understand your post title - why is this bad marketing or service? HTC have acknowledged the problem and are fixing the fault under warranty so no one is being left with a 'brick'.

I don't understand your comparison with the intel business either.

Richard

Guest fluffcat1

Yeah, cos the wiki HTC set up that anyone can edit is 'official' eh? :rolleyes:

And where do they get 70% from? Seems an awful round figure! Doubt they've had 70% returns on those models somehow. Some aggrieved muppet with a broken device they've most likely caused, and who can get no recompense from the reseller has taken advantage of the wiki concept IMO and is likely jepordising the HTC involvement in it's future.

I've a good mind to register just to edit those comments out ;) :) :(

Richard

Guest sergiopi
Yeah, cos the wiki HTC set up that anyone can edit is 'official' eh? :rolleyes:

And where do they get 70% from? Seems an awful round figure! Doubt they've had 70% returns on those models somehow. Some aggrieved muppet with a broken device they've most likely caused, and who can get no recompense from the reseller has taken advantage of the wiki concept IMO and is likely jepordising the HTC involvement in it's future.

I've a good mind to register just to edit those comments out ;) :) :(

Richard

http://www.htcwiki.com/page/TyTN is the HTC WIKi

First of all:

OFFICIAL in terms od european laws (and may be US Law) is something with patent logo on it, on its name, on its pages

Please Richard, try to set up a www.ferrariwiki.com with ferrari logo on it, or www.Valentinowiki.com with the firm on the first page, and be prepared to pay.

Is ALSO LINKED FROM OFFICIAL HTC SITE

Could be voice of users or company but with the HTC LOGO and having HTC WIKI name in europe could mean only two things:

1) STOLEN LOGO and NAME

2) OFFICIAL or company approved

Then:

The law is clear: replacing isn't a matter of how long time after selling the is bug revealed; when you discover you have to report and they have to fix, repairing it, if the value of your stuff will be the same as non-repaired, swapping if the repair will reduce the value of the object (Think a car with evident repair on its door...) or an HTC with the the serial BANNED as defective!

Then:

I called the HTC telephone assistance and the confirm every single word written on the wiki!

So next time please, turn the brain on before turning on the keyboard!

Edited by sergiopi

Guest fluffcat1
http://www.htcwiki.com/page/TyTN is the HTC WIKi

First of all:

OFFICIAL in terms od european laws (and my be US Law) is something with patent logo on it, on its name, on its pages

Please Richard, try to set up a www.ferrariwiki.com with ferrari logo on it, or www.Valentinowiki.com with the firm on the first page, and be prepared to pay.

Is ALSO LINKED FROM OFFICIAL HTC SITE

Could be voice of users or company but with the HTC LOGO and having HTC WIKI name in europe could mean only two things:

1) STOLEN LOGO and NAME

2) Official or company approved

Then:

The law is clear: replacing isn't a matter of how long time after selling the is bug revealed; when you discover you have to report and they have to fix, repairing it, if the value of your stuff will be the same as non-repaired, swapping if the repair will reduce the value of the object (Think a car with evident repair on its door...) or an HTC with the the serial BANNED as defective!

So next time please, turn the brain on before turning on the keyboard!

It may well have been setup by HTC, use their logo with permission and link to / from their site, but as it can be edited by ANYONE who registers and not just HTC themselves, as is the nature of wiki's, then it CANNOT be taked to be HTC's OFFICIAL statement about anything. In a nutshell, THEY DID NOT WRITE IT.

Has the 'fault' been mentioned on HTC's site? Then it ISN'T 'OFFICIAL'

Duuuhhh....maybe you should turn your own brain on?

Richard

Guest fluffcat1

HTCWiki terms: http://www.htcwiki.com/terms

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. SUBMISSIONS

You understand and agree that all postings, comments, edits, feedback, suggestions, ideas, photographs, images, notes, drawings concepts and other information, content or materials posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Site, either online or offline and whether or not solicited by the Site (collectively, "Submissions"), are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Submissions originated. The Site is and shall be under no obligation (a) to maintain any Submissions in confidence; (:rolleyes: to store or maintain the Submissions, electronically or otherwise, © to pay any compensation for any Submissions or any use thereof; or (d) to respond to any user in connection with or to use any Submissions. The Site shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions. You represent that, regarding any Submissions contributed by you, (a) Submissions will not violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, right of privacy, right of publicity or other personal or proprietary right(s); and (:( you are the owner of and/or have the right to provide such Submissions to us in accordance with this Agreement. You further represent that no such Submissions will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material. You are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any Submissions you make.

Wetpaint reserves the right to remove sites from public view, delete, or purge the content with or without cause, with or without notice if we determine in our sole discretion that the content is harmful, offensive, illegal or inappropriate for the subject matter of the site. Furthermore, Wetpaint may terminate this Agreement, or terminate or suspend your access to the Site and remove and discard any Submissions at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. User Conduct

You agree to not use the Site to:

Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, false, inaccurate, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another

Guest bydandie

Aye and the law you refer to clearly states that you have to accept a repair for any defect within the first six months if it is cheaper than a replacement. In the case of a SIM-free TyTN, then this will be the case. Not so IMHO in the case of a contract phone, but that's another story. WIth reference to your car analogy, many cars gets fixes applied to them as they are found. This does not devalue the car in the slightest, if the repair is made, then everyone's happy. This has been posted by a user called XDA-Developers, who has taken it upon themselves to post this. No law-breaking by HTC here!

Then:

I called the HTC telephone assistance and the confirm every single word written on the wiki!

Yes, they have recognised a fault in devices within that S/N. Not quite sure what your point is, if the device is repaired, then there is no issue. If the device shows the issue, then get it replaced FOC, again there is no issue. No problems selling devices within this S/N range.

Guest sergiopi
Waggener Edstrom Strategic Communications = Microsoft's PR BTW.

http://www.waggeneredstrom.com/

It is a HTC setup site, just the content is not from HTC, it's from the usual internet cranks :)

Richard

Now we agree on: :P

1) The site is from HTC ( and Microsoft :rolleyes: ) marketing and media agency

2) The info's they have on-line about HTC position on screen alignment issue are extactly the same as the HTC OFFICIAL Position, as stated in telephone conversations from HTC service with users from all over europe ;)

3) The 44/99/CE statement doesn't makes any difference if you discover the problem during the first 2 weeks or after 104 weeks! ;)

4) They state also DO NOT BUY TyTN with serial between HTC62xxx and HTC 63(1-5)xxx :(

and we can strongly suspect:

1) The REPAIRED isn't the same of a new-one

2) Will be hard to sell that phones

MARKETING LESSON

I will have to pay some money, as a first example the number to call to have the autorized centers in Italy is a 199 number .50

Guest fluffcat1
Now we agree on: ....

NO WE DO NOT AGREE!

The site may well have been SET UP by Waggener Edstrom, aho also act for microsoft, but if you read the terms quoted above 'HTCWiki' accepts NO responsibility for content. Duh.....

Can you not understrand that? It is very clear. So anything written on those pages does not come from HTC themselves but other authors.

IT

IS

NOT

OFFICIAL!!!!!!!

Richard

Guest bydandie

The thing that amuses me sergio is that you have already been told by pof over at xda-devs is that the login credentials used for the account used to post this are public knowledge. Also last I heard italy was an EU member? That means that what I stated above in response to you still stands. HTC are doing nothing wrong, and there is no evidence of the 70%

Guest richard_d
NO WE DO NOT AGREE!

The site may well have been SET UP by Waggener Edstrom, aho also act for microsoft, but if you read the terms quoted above 'HTCWiki' accepts NO responsibility for content. Duh.....

Can you not understrand that? It is very clear. So anything written on those pages does not come from HTC themselves but other authors.

IT

IS

NOT

OFFICIAL!!!!!!!

Richard

Ever felt you were hitting your head against a brick wall :rolleyes:

Richard

Guest sergiopi
Ever felt you were hitting your head against a brick wall :)

Richard

Richard (both) I agree, is UNOFFICIAL. :rolleyes: :(

I'm sorry my hairs are mostly white, may be my brain is gone... so I've been to

THIS address http://www.europe.htc.com/support/support....?device=htctytn

Looks official, top 10 questions on TyTN: NOTHING about screen alignment; strange because was the MAIN question on HTC TyTN hardware on Internet.

Let me check on DISPLAY FAQ on HTC site, nothing.... but I find an OFFICIAL repair centre in NL, confirming the replacement policy, in XDA-DEVELOPERS HERMES forum... So there is an OFFICIAL position on TyTN clearly stating that screen aligment is an hardware problem!

I made a phone call, to HTC OFFICIAL centre , (this is the enquiry number I had 061500uk09284397) and the said EXACTLY WHAT UNOFFICIAL WIKI SAID (except the percentage) on xda-developers poll we have around 40%,of ALL HERMES having the screen alignment problem, and ALL means new one and people STILL not having...

The HTC centre the confirmed the 15 days replacement policy, and yes if you have the problems after the 16th day they will repair under warranty conditions. .

Is a WELL KNOWN HARDWARE BUG from HTC point of view, and they are playing the official/unofficial game

to avoid big problems to resellers (they still have to sell some of HTC62xxx with other names) slowly admitting the problem.

You were in this business when a "game" closer to this was played from Intel? They learned the marketing lesson, HTC is on the way on....

Yes Italy is in the EU and when we pay 700

Edited by sergiopi

Guest richard_d
Richard (both) I agree, is UNOFFICIAL. :rolleyes: :(

I'm sorry my hairs are mostly white, may be my brain is gone... so I've been to

THIS address http://www.europe.htc.com/support/support....?device=htctytn

Thank you :)

So there is an OFFICIAL position on TyTN clearly stating that screen aligment is an hardware problem!

No ones denying that (just the 70% figure)

The HTC centre the confirmed the 15 days replacement policy, and yes if you have the problems after the 16th day they will repair under warranty conditions. .

So if they're happy to repair it what's the problem? Alternatively try contacting who you bought the phone from - over here most suppliers will replace the phone a month later.

Yes Italy is in the EU and when we pay 700€ for a phone we would like something 100% working not 70% or 30%. If you know and you sell... and don't replace you are STEALING MONEY TO CONSUMERS, this is all over in the world

Providing they fix the phone so that it's working as advertised you can't accuse them of stealing (well you can but I'd make sure I had a good lawyer). No manufacturer is going to risk their reputation by deliberately

selling a faulty product, but these things happen - look at the Nokia N80 battery issues, the N73's buggy software etc. etc. If you buy any complex piece of hardware that's freshly released you take a greater chance that when used in real life conditions a product may develop minor problems that weren't spotted in testing - providing the company sorts them out quickly and without fuss then I don't have a problem with that. Many people have the early serial number Hermes and don't have problems - I can't see you having problems selling it on if that's what you decide to do.

Yes having an inherent fault fixed is an irritation, but that's all - you seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill, and take what you read on the internet without the required pinch of salt.

Richard

Richard

Guest sergiopi

NOKIA N80

from www.mobile-review.com

It became sort of evil tendency for Nokia to sell commercial devices based on S60 that work even worse than prototypes for first couple of months. Nokia N80 became no exception. It was hard to name this smartphone a

Guest mwright
Even a poor layer, if he can demonstrate that they know the are selling faulty devices can win, and this is why HTC is UNOFFICIALLY admitting the hardware problem.

This thread is driving me slowly mad - I am not sure who believes what around here!

Where is the evidence that they are NOW knowingly selling faulty equipment? At some time in the past they were presumably selling the devices that later exhibit the screen alignment fault. As far as I know, these devices are eligible for repair under warranty and then they are NOT faulty anymore.

I really do not believe that HTC would publish this information unofficially as a way out of the problem. They seem willing and able to fix the problem as and when it occurs (which does not appear to be on 100% of "affected" handsets anyway).

Hi Sergio, my name is Lorenzo from Treviso. I have a HTC TyTN with screen problems, how long did it take Teleca Telephone Service to replace your phone ? I just recieved mine yesterday from factotas and am not very happy with it becuase of the screen problems which I have.

saluti

Lorenzo

Now we agree on: ;)

1) The site is from HTC ( and Microsoft :rolleyes: ) marketing and media agency

2) The info's they have on-line about HTC position on screen alignment issue are extactly the same as the HTC OFFICIAL Position, as stated in telephone conversations from HTC service with users from all over europe ;)

3) The 44/99/CE statement doesn't makes any difference if you discover the problem during the first 2 weeks or after 104 weeks! :)

4) They state also DO NOT BUY TyTN with serial between HTC62xxx and HTC 63(1-5)xxx :(

and we can strongly suspect:

1) The REPAIRED isn't the same of a new-one

2) Will be hard to sell that phones

MARKETING LESSON

I will have to pay some money, as a first example the number to call to have the autorized centers in Italy is a 199 number .50