Ring Tones

Guest Brooktone

Guest Brooktone

I installed free ring tones into my data card in the windows folder. They don't show up in sound settings on the phone. How can I assign these new ringtones to phone functions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest nickcornaglia

Create a folder under IPSM/Application Data named Sounds.

Place all of your sounds there. Also make sure all of your wav files are in PCM format.

You shouldnt have a windows folder on your data card. How did that get there?

If you would like ringtones on your SD card, please search this site for just that. I never had a need so I dont know the procedure as I put all of my ringtones on the phone itself.

And welcome to the site! :)

Guest Brooktone

Don't know how a windows folder was created on my SD card, I didn't do it. The ring tones was an executable file that installed itself, possibly creating the folder. The sound files are in Wav format, how do I change them to PCM format?

Guest awesterink

PCM is a type of encoding for a WAV file. If you copy the file to your PC and then look at the properties, it shoudl tell you what the encoding type is. Mind you not ALL PCM encoded WAV files will work, also depends on the bitrate etc. Best way to find out is to copy the sounds files you want to use into the IPSMApplication DataSounds folder.

Guest Malkie

I've done that sounds folder thingy in the IPSM and discovered that you must go into the properties of the .WAV file while it is still on the desktop and change it to a "read only" file. the "archive" choice will remain and ANY song (within reason size wise) I want as a ringtone can be done by converting the original format to .WAV using the convert feature of MMJB and then cutting and pasting the file to the sounds folder. This phone is F'ing AMAZING! next step conquer video! -MalKiE