GBA MPX 200

Guest furby

Did a quick search, but couldn't find out if there is a gameboy emulator that works on the MPX 200?

I tried "gnuboy"? but this just seems to quit as after i choose a rom

thnxs

Guest spacemonkey

gnuboy only works with .gb and .gbc files gba (gameboy advance roms) will NOT work.

Another note for MPX200 users, to get to the gnuboy menus you have to press voice record, on the MPX200 that is clicking inwards on the volume rocker thing.

GBA emulation on smartphone devices currently would perform at 1 frame per second or less so it's just not realistic on current devices.

Guest candrist

all of the game boy advance games are just super nintendo games ported for GBA. I have all of the super nintendo roms ever made for the us and I use a super nintendo emulator and they work great. email me if you would like access to the roms and I can give pocket snes for the smartphone!

• 2 months later...
Guest Sasuke

The last time i tried the snes emu on my spv its slow to the point that nothing i tested it with was really playable. doubt theres gona be much difference running it on my mxp Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest awarner [MVP]

Err there will be :D

The mpx has more memory and a larger cache than the E200 so it's actually the fastest MS Smartphone phone at the moment.

Guest Sasuke
Err there will be :D

The mpx has more memory and a larger cache than the E200 so it's actually the fastest MS Smartphone phone at the moment.

Has anyone tried snes emu on the MPx200? how well did it work? also i read somewhere (in this forum) that the SPV processor runs at around 80Mhz even though the chip is advertised to be 132Mhz, is this the same with the MPx200? i would assume it is, but it would be cool if there was a way to clock the processor speed up to 132Mhz and then run the emulator (on an MPx200 of course) :twisted:

I can't exit the PocketSNES emulator on the MPx200. The home button doesn't even work so you need to have someone call you or take the battery out to get back to the homescreen. The PocketSNES forums say to tap on the screen with the stylus (heh!) to exit the emu. I'm sure I'm missing something that was introduced in the port to the Smartphone 2002 platform; can anyone point it out to me?

• 10 months later...
Guest martijn12345
Press the record button to bring up the menu then select Tools and select Exit by pressing the action button

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pressing the record button doesn't work with my MPX200. I have to remove the battery, or give myself a call.

I believe, when i try to shutdown the phone, it actualy does. Cause my external display changes to MOTOROLA (like it sais when shutting down/starting up) but gnuboy just keeps on playing and prevents my phone from shutting down totally. Any help on this, cause i do like gnuboy, just hate to remove my battery.

Please :lol:

Edited by martijn12345