Star Wars III:MPx Edition

Guest ClintEastman

Guest ClintEastman
what r ure vdub settings???? can only get kill bill to work all mine i encode even with spv letter box and no sound just get green screen

Im not sure what you are saying? Are you saying YOUR stuff doesn't work, or the stuff in this tread?

just ran spidey2 on MVP and it works very well. Absolutely no glitches, slowdowns or artifacts. great work. please share your settings they would be much appreciated. I have encoded my own files using windows media codec automatic settings but the quality is not nearly as good, although the file is much smaller. doesnt matter i prefer divx with my memory card anyday.

Guest kristianmatthews

Spiderman works reall well :-) one thing that annoys me (with ALL movies) is that I have to tilt the screen back to be able to see the picture properly, otherwise the darks kind of blend together.

Guest awarner [MVP]
I really need help.....all of this is new to me

What is the actual prolem you are having?

To start from scratch and you are in the UK you need to decert your phone first.

After this go to www.monolithix.org and download and install PocketMVP

Once this is installed place the movie trailers in your SD card.

Now run the PocketMVP and enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kristianmatthews

How can I create my own clips to play at 24fps?

I have my VOB file I ripped using SmartRipper.

I have VirtualDub.

I loaded the VOB file,

loaded Clints settings

and created the AVI.

Put it onto my phone and its pretty blurry.

Im using DivX 5.0.3 (I think) to convert the video and MPEG3 to do the audio.

I tried DivX set at 100,125 and 150 but couldnt get it smooth enough.

The best setting I found is to (forgot the word) every third frame and then I dont get any big blurry squares, but it runs at 8.33fps (which is good enough, but not quite 24fps!)

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ClintEastman
How can I create my own clips to play at 24fps?

I have my VOB file I ripped using SmartRipper.

I have VirtualDub.

I loaded the VOB file,

loaded Clints settings

and created the AVI.

Put it onto my phone and its pretty blurry.

Im using DivX 5.0.3 (I think) to convert the video and MPEG3 to do the audio.

I tried DivX set at 100,125 and 150 but couldnt get it smooth enough.

The best setting I found is to (forgot the word) every third frame and then I dont get any big blurry squares, but it runs at 8.33fps (which is good enough, but not quite 24fps!)

Any ideas?

The clips here are encoded to 198Kb/s, that's what you should be trying for....

• 3 months later...
Guest theanarch1st

well sorry clint, i have been away for a while off of modaco in the sense of reading and i didn't even realise this post was about, these video clips are fantastic, much better than anything i came out with even with the settings you told me 2 use, i agree about the spiderman trailer it does go bad however the van helsing one is picture perfect for me :D brilliant job

(tho still not happy on the file size front :D lol ah well can't have both i suppose)

once again well done :lol:

Guest theanarch1st

hmmm i seem 2 have a problem when using your own mpx setup file and encoding my files, they seem to start ok but when i get a few seconds in it starts to jump and then jus becomes like a slideshow

any ideas???

help appreciated :D

problem solved now i think, my kbps was at 780 lol thought ure settings were meant to set it correctly, guessed wrong.

well basically it all works fine now except it goes blocky from time to time which i can't work out whats wrong with it and i mean big blocks not jus small visual problems so now ne ideas on that one?

Guest Sasuke

i tested Spiderman and Van Helsing, both of which works great. my only gripe is that Spiderman may be a little too bright? it was begining to hurt my eyes a little... (maybe im just getting old)

but good job with the conversions. maybe you could share you settings with us once you think you've perfected it. until then i guess im just gona have to continue converting videos using my old virtual dub settings... :twisted:

• 4 months later...