Orange.net e-mail settings - what are they?

Guest Rolfe_WJ_2

Guest Rolfe_WJ_2

Hi all, Ive set an account up at orange, and I have an orange.net e-mail account, but I am having trouble sending and recieving e-mail on my phone...

I am using the same username and password that I would use at the orange site, and these settings on the phone:

Server Type : POP3

incoming mail server : pop.orange.net

outgoing mail server : smtp.ornage.net

Network : The Internet

Domain is blank...

Thanks in advance :lol:

Guest scott2eyes

incoming mail server : pop.orange.net:110

outgoing mail server : smtp.orange.net:25

If you phone Orange, they will send you an SMS that automatically updates the settings on your phone.

Guest Disco Stu

Don't really know but it appeared after Orange text mentioned above.

Took me several goes to get it right just before Xmas.

My email is working with it in there so worth a try

Guest Rolfe_WJ_2

Thnx, mine was also like:

"incoming mail server : pop.orange.net:110

outgoing mail server : smtp.orange.net:25

"

I'll add the domian and give it a try ty :lol:

Guest Rolfe_WJ_2

Can someone comfirm what format my username should take, cos my password is deffo correct :lol: Oh, I did ask for the ormage text message for all of this, but, it never arrived.

Guest Disco Stu

Mine was exactly as it was before.

What confused the sh1t out of me was the re-vamped Orange site.

As I said though, it took me ages to get my email working again :evil:

Guest lawsonium

I haven't tried to set up my email on my MPx200 yet, mainly because I have found the 'settings' in two different places on the phones menu!

Can someone explain where I should alter the settings! Should I just use the wizard style section in the Inbox 'Menu>Options>Email Set-up'.

Also, does this allow you to use any e-mail provider or must it be specifically Orange e-mail?

I would like to use an account other than Orange if possible.

Also, the port numbers you guy's have been putting at the end of the pop servers, is this Orange specific?

Thanks.

Matt.

Guest Disco Stu

Yes, use the wizard, its pretty straight forward.

You can enter whichever email account you prefer but the domain address above is just for Orange.

You'll need to get the settings from your provider.

As to what format to enter your username....have you not got the letter from Orange with the username & password on ? It needs to be exactly the same as you set it up.

Guest Disco Stu

You can enter whichever email account you prefer but the domain address above is just for Orange.

As to what format to enter your username....have you not got the letter from Orange with the username & password on ? It needs to be exactly the same as you set it up.

Guest Disco Stu

Guest lawsonium

Thanks very much, one more thing if I may though.

I can't recall that letter from Orange, what would have been the subject of the letter?

Do I need those user name and password for a third party e-mail provider?

Matt.

Guest Disco Stu

The letter (it may have been an email, but I don't think so) was simply confirming my email account had been set up and giving the address, username, password hint etc.

If you use another provider you will need to use the user / pass relevant to that account only.

Guest Rolfe_WJ_2

Hello....

I finally got my e-mail working.

I also don't recall getting any letter or e-mail from orange, nor have they replied to my request for help online, nor did I get any SMS mssg giving me instructions.

In the end, it was a case of my trying various user names and passwords until I hit the right combination.

I found that all the other settings were already in the phone when it came out of the box.

Guest lawsonium

I see what U mean about the letter, I didn't get it cos I haven't signed up for Orange e-mail.

So I can set this up just like any other e-mail, so got the info I need. I'll let you know if I succeed or not.

Thanks.

Matt

Guest thelagermonster

Sending but not receiving

will somebody help me these email settings for orange.net are driving me crazy i have it all set right has far has i know, if i send a email off my mobile it comes up has sent from my orange.net email address which is fine. but for some reason i cant figure out it will not get any emails from the email accounts inbox i have unopen emails in there but the mobile will not get them please help before i pull the rest off my hair out :-(

Guest scott2eyes

Possible causes for the problem;

1) The phone isn't set to automatically check for new email regularly enough, and simply hasn't looked at your inbox yet(Inbox>Menu>Options>Automatic Synchronisation>Set to a reasonable time interval.) Alternatively, Inbox>Menu>Send/Receive email will check for new mail. However, if you're sending mail without problems, this is probably not the issue...

2) In "Email settings", you've set up your outgoing mail server OK, but not the incoming mail server. (My orange.net settings are smtp.orange.net:25) I think this is the most likely cause of the problem.

If it's an orange.net email account that isn't working, it's worth calling Orange for assistance- they've always helped me when I've been banging my head against a wall because I've messed up the settings/forgotten my password/spelt my own name wrong etc...

Guest Rolfe_WJ_2

Just lost all my mail settings during partial reset doh! Scott2eyes is right tho, make sure your settings are 100% its unlikely to be a hardware fault, more like 'operator error' ( I suffer from that a lot :lol: )