IA Album for Smartphone version 1.5 is released ?

Guest mikey808

Im still mega confused about IA Album! You still need the IA Capture software to take pictures (or so it seems) so its pretty pointless until then, especially for 15 quid!

Guest spacemonkey
Im still mega confused about IA Album! You still need the IA Capture software to take pictures (or so it seems) so its pretty pointless until then, especially for 15 quid!

It is very ambiguous. I emailed them to chase it up a couple of days ago and got the message back that IA Capture would include all the components necessary to take pictures and that it was done but currently getting Orange signed.

I notice that iastyle's web shop is powered by handango so hopefully this will appear in the http://www.handango.com/orange sales pages soon and hopefully they'll make the situation clearer.

Part of the problem on IaStyle's site is that they are primarily Pocket PC based and haven't really done much to cater for the smartphone market except port apps. Hopefully in the future their site will have a clear specific smartphone section...

Guest Treadsoftly

Didn't I remember something about the version on the SD card being a beta test version, and that all SPV users should be getting a full version? Didn't one of the IA team post that statement here?

..and that all SPV users should be getting a full version? Didn't one of the IA team post that statement here?

You mean what, for free as a replacement to our crappy beta?

I mailed them to ask when it is available, here is the reply

Hello, thanks for the interest. The final version of IA Album for Smartphone is not quite ready but it will be soon, probably in about two to three weeks. Once the final version is ready, it will need to be authorized by our partners at Orange before we can start selling it from our website.

HMmm......there website says released......oh well.

Kevlar

Guest mikey808

Well IA Style's page now says:

IA Album for Smartphone version *1.6* is launched.

and it appears to be for sale as well..

ie: there is a link to buy it which works

make of this what you will....

Guest sparks1061

Just managed to buy it from the orange site, but not download it, when I use the download it takes me to iastyle homepage, But that might be because i'm trying to do it from work, I've had that problem before,

Will try from home later today after the pub!!!

Guest johntheo

I have just had exactly the same problem. I was on my regular home/office computer so its not that. I've emailed both Handago and IA and will let you know the outcome when (if!) they reply

IA Capture is the essential image and video capture utility for CF/SD/MS camera or other image/video input device that works with Pocket PC
IA Capture is for Pocket PC as far as im aware.

Camera Empowered!

IA Album for Smartphone can be linked to IA Capture when used with a built-in or attached digital camera. This combination lets you snap new photos or shoot video clips with accompanying audio

However, they do say you have to link it to IA Capture!! :D