i600 Holster - holster and case discussion

Guest jimdevine

Guest jimdevine

I tried the mod at the Omnisoft site. I now have burned fingers and a holster I don't trust.

You have to wonder how hard it would be to make one of these things from scratch? Couldn't you just make a mold from the phone and then make holsters from there? How hard could it be?

Does anyone have any success with other cases besides the one for the i90? I have the Verizon one, and I hate the fact that I have to take it out to sync. I also think it is way too much stuff. It makes the phone feel like it is twice actual size.

So... WHat do you carry your i600 in?

Jim

Guest Whoscalling

I went to Best Buy and purchased Body Gloves small (I think it was made for a Motorola V60) swivle phone holder. It holds the phone close to the body and is fairly easy to pull out and replace the phone while providing good protection. Overall grade B+.

I actually like the case that came with my phone. I heard a lot of people express their hatred for this case, but, for me it's exactly the kind of case I want. Good protection for the phone. Fairly easy to slide the phone in and out. Looks decent. Doesn't add extra bulk to the phone (because the phone is naked when you use it). I like it.

Guest paulkbiba

I use a Nutshell pouch with a clip for my waistband. It's large enough to hold the phone and the earphones folded up at the bottom of the pouch. Nutshell quality is superb. I have 4 of them for various stuff. www.nutshell.cc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jerry Raia
I went to Best Buy and purchased Body Gloves small (I think it was made for a Motorola V60) swivle phone holder.  It holds the phone close to the body and is fairly easy to pull out and replace the phone while providing good protection.  Overall grade B+.

Does the phone with the extended battery fit?

I've been using an old StarTac case that is like a pouch. It fits nice with the regular or extended battery.

Does the phone with the extended battery fit?

I've been using an old StarTac case that is like a pouch. It fits nice with the regular or extended battery.

I'm using the same case. it's just a little too high but I may have the flap clip moved.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Whoscalling
verizon offers a very nice case that i use. it works with the standard battery and the extended battery.

A week ago a bought this holster/case,,, getting the black tab on the back of the phone case to lock (snap) into place is difficult.

Are you experiencing the same???

• 1 month later...
Guest msoliman

Best case I've found so far is from Radio Shack-- Catalog #: 17-407. Link:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cata...t%5Fid=17%2D407

The case will only fit the phone and slim battery but it looks very professional and very elegant. If you place the i600 facing in (i.e., external LCD closest to you), the speaker and headphone jack are exposed. Kinda pricey ($29), but will do for now.

Hope this helps.

Guest awesterink

I am using this leather case, which clips onto your belt sideways. Very close to your body obviously, without having the phone poke you when you bend. Nice quality leather and stitching, solid magnetic clip. I got the smallest case (V60) which fits the i600 with slim battery very snugly. Great!

Guest pdifondi

I also use the Verizon case. I have the same "difficulty" with the snap not connecting perfectly all the time.. But it is not that big of a deal.. It fits both batteries, and provides excellent protection. You have to look at the cheesy Verizon logo on the front, but the leather is decent quality. Overall A for functionality, B+ for looks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mjl

Picked up the plastic case/holster on Ebay, received it today and it works great. Snap in type like the lg phones, although I do like to samsung case for protection and security. Just don't want an expensive phone hitting the ground if I catch it on something

• 1 month later...
Guest JayJD

Check out the "Ancona Premium Hydrofoam Phone Case," Model 52SL from Milante (www.Milante.com); i600 fits well with both regular and extended battery. Frys has it for $14.99. There's also a Bodyglove at Frys in the "Mini" size which fits well and it's less than $9.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bradelliott

found one on ebay that is a clip in, I like those better.

the stock holder is ok, but not my style.

type i600 in ebay and you should find one.