MPx200 Triple SIM @@@ Look Here @@@

Guest mcwarre

Guest mcwarre

I got fed up carrying 2 phones around (MPx200 (on Orange) and Nokia 3310 (on 3 (don’t ask!))). I decided to have a play with various dual / triple SIM card holders on my MPx200. Eventually, after trial and error, I settled on a triple SIM card holder for a Nokia 6210 / 6310. The photos below show the card and how it is attached.

In the top left the SIM card adapter is shown in position on the phone. Top tip: be careful with some as they have contacts on the back which are earthed by the MPx200 SIM card holder slider. Make sure that the back of the adapter is electrically isolated. Additionally, some dual / triple SIM card adapters come with a switch which needs to be toggled to allow SIM card selection. Avoid these as they are a pain!

The top right shows it with the battery in (it fits nicely with no problems or loose battery)

The bottom left shows the SIM card adapter attached to the back of the phone (I just used dual sided sticky tape).

The bottom right shows it in a case (for those eagle eyed members you may notice that it is a standard cheapo case with a Krusell attachment super-glued on). I believe that the case is essential to protect the SIMs (and adapter) and to hide it as well!

Verdict? It works fine. You switch between SIMs by turning the airplane mode off and on again. The only thing I have noticed is that you have to make a call (I use 150 cos it’s free!) in order for it to search for a network. It is a minor problem but not much of an inconvenience really.

Thanks to Dinoalbert and mlkanapi, pinoy members, for advice on this!

Triple SIM.jpg

Guest daftycom

Sorry, but I have to ask!

You have a contract with 3 and you are able to use the sim card in a non-3G phone???

3 seem to have the best tarrif around - 500mins anytime any network for £25pm! I would have gone for it but I was under the impression you had to carry a big brick of a phone. I assumed the SIM cards for 3G networks would be a different format???

Guest awarner [MVP]

SIMs on the 3 network are the same etc and what happens is when you use the SIM on a

non 3G phone or you go outside of the 3 coverage it will use the o2 network for calls.

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY

Are there any dual sim holders which work without having the holder outside of the phone? I don't use a case and don't fancy getting one either. :lol:

Guest mcwarre
3 Sims won't work in all phones however, and will actually b0rk some up completely. THey definitely don't work in SE phones for one.

*Cough* *Cough* T68i no problems! :wink: :wink:

Guest mcwarre

Joe,

Not as yet. Because of the tight fitting battery it would probably need a modified battery/sim holder which would reduce the overall battery life!

Got a few question bout the 3G sim on a normal phone.

When using the 3g sim on a non 3g phone, u are using o2 right?

If so, are the calls that are made while on the o2 network, using the 3g free minutes?

Guest mcwarre

Mmmm....

I think that this would be very hard to stop. There are two ways of doing this:

1. Send some sort of SIM update to your phone so that it will not work in a 2G phone.

2. Collate where you are calling from with 3 service area and stop you using O2.

The second one will be virtually impossible as it would require a massive database.

The first one is a possibility, though with my limited knowledge of SIMS don't see how as they would actually either have to block all 2G phones by name and model or detect whether you are using a 3G phone. Both are fraught with severe difficulties and would probably entail significant problems for users; let's face it they could do without anymore negative publicity; additionally how can they show that the position you are calling fromin a 3 service area (say a house) does have sufficient 3G signal strength?

Still back on topic. Anyone else tried this yet :?: :?: :?:

Guest rekiller

:shock:

Sim-Emu by Daniel Jabef is much better :)

I use ONE flashed sim with 8 numbers! See pictures, this sim contain 8 numbers by 3 operators. You can switch operator without reset of your phone via sim-menu. 100 % tested on my MPx200.

8_in_1_sim.jpg

Guest futaris

Yep, I have to agree. I use Sim Emu 6.01 on my SPV e100 / Qtek 7070 as well. It simply uses the STK Application menu to switch / enter new SIMs (IMSI & KI). It allows up to 10 SIMs on the one SIM card. However, you need an COMP128 v1 SIM card to be able to get the IMSI & KI information off the original SIM card, and AFAIK all the new UK SIMs are COMP128 v2.

Guest mcwarre

Let's clear this up; all SIM cards issued since 1999 in the UK are 64K. The system you mention (32K) does not work on these cards so it will not work for UK users!

Guest futaris

It may not work on UK SIMs, but the size of the card (32K, 64K, etc) has little bearing on the SIM Encryption Method. A lot of the cards here in Australia, are 64K and they still use COMP128 v1. The encryption method generally depends on the provider and the age of the SIM card.

Guest mcwarre

Joe,

Google for them. I couldn't find any in the UK loads abroad tho'. They cost a fair bit (about £60 including writer).

But they won't work with UK SIMs.......