Desktop Apps Accessing Smartphone functions...

Guest FloatingFatMan

Guest FloatingFatMan

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to these forums, though I've been lurking for a couple of weeks. I'm considering writing some desktop based software for interfacing with my MPx200, but haven't been able to find any code samples (preferably VB.NET) for accessing it...

I know I can't develop apps for the phone itself due to the lack of the .NETcf, but I should at least be able to access functions on the phone (such as SMS) from software on the PC... Anyone got any useful links where I can find info to get me started?

TIA

FloatingFatMan

Guest Peter Foot

The Remote API (RAPI) will give you access to a number of device API's - you can't call every function on the device though - if you need specific features you would need a custom dll (native evc++ not .netcf) to provide custom functions callable through RAPI. OpenNETCF have a package (www.opennetcf.org/communication.asp) which you can use from the .NET framework e.g. VB.NET, C# etc which expose the RAPI api, some examples of what you can do are file manipulation, registry editing, launching processes on the device etc. If you check out the above link you can view the online documentation which will show all the functionality available. You can download the source (c#) or a ready-made dll and add it into your project as a reference.