New cool tool for Smartphone:SMARTFilter

Guest florin_m

Guest florin_m
SMARTFilter (MS Smartphone)

As long as you did not have a mobile phone, nobody could disturb you when you were out of office. No one could bother you by calling you over and over again. Nowadays, you might feel mad because of unnecessary phone calls. You might be driven mad because your mobile phone is ringing all the time. 

Do you not miss the silence of the past? 

No need to worry anymore. It is time to enjoy the meaning of silence again! 

NOVOSEC’s SMARTFilter gives you the freedom to choose who can call you and who will be blocked

Original website

sfmoto.jpg

finally an application that does what it says and one good thing is it can block the mother inlaw from her phone calls ,finally peace at last a good app which can block those advertisment people calling ( many times in holland from orange over do you know about this sevice ect at 22:00) hopefully soon there could be an sms blocker !!!!maybe this company could look in to the sms problem??? good app and well worth the money :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest shadamehr

Mmmm - problems though...

I installed the trial.

I then set it to block with-held numbers only.

And then rang my phone from my landline.

And it rejected my call.

Even though my number was recognised by the phone.

So I have serious reservations about this product.

I tested this to make sure it wasn't a problem my end, by unticking "without number", then rang my phone.

And it rang fine, identifying my landline as the caller number.

So there is no reason why it should reject my call if I only tick "without number"

Additionally this thing about setting the Area Code, and the Provider Code.

Well in the UK, we don't really have these. We have a national country code, but even though we have area codes, these are only for landlines. We are not like America, where mobile numbers have a local area code the same as a landline does. In the UK, mobile codes are a random afffair, relating more to the network provider, than any geographic area.

So if this is what cuases the problem, then its useless for those of us in the UK.

Hi,

I'm one of the developers of this product. We currently search for this failure. In most cases a not fully unlocked E200 is the problem. Next version will have an info screen that will show that the E200 is not fully unlocked.

This will solve 99% of all problems with our product.

Maik Stohn

NOVOSEC

Guest shadamehr

Except I've had my E200 for four months, and its been fully unlocked (I trust you mean application unlocked, not sim unlocked), using the authorised Orange OTA process.

And any, and every single piece of software I have put on my phone since then (and its a lot), has worked fine/installed ok.

But if you would like me to work with you to discover the problem, I would be happy to help.

The software DOES spot the caller number coming up, as it is displayed very briefly on the phone.

Then it gets rejected by the phone, even though Smartfilter is set to only reject calls "without number"

I would be happy to work with you over this, but take my word for it, my phone is fully software unlocked.

Oh, and by the way, if you can get it to work properly, this is an EXCELLENT, killer application - so fingers crossed!

Hi,

it seems to be a specific E200 thing. We've tested it on our "developer" E200 without any problems. But since we are located in Germany we were not able to test it with a real E200 since we have no Orange...

Please feel free to contact me. I will send you the current development snapshot which should already fix the problems you have.

Email: [email protected]

Maik

i do not have the problems with my e200 the app works fine if someone calls it diverts to my mail box or gives an ingadged tone if that option is off .i get no sounds on my spv only the name of caller is listed my spv is programme unlocked ( not via the orange method )and simlock free and is a dutch e200 .the only problem i did have was discused with the developers about the trial version not ending as discribed on the download page.... :wink: :wink:

Guest shadamehr

Hi peekie - i wonder if all the steps you have taken to unlock your phone, account for how it works for you.

And maik, thanks for that offer to test - you have mail, and I will be happy to help you in any way I can in terms of testing and developing this for you.

Cheers guys

that i cannot test on my phone as it is simlock free and the programme lock is also removed both not by orange . the e200 does have funny ( or in some developers eyes not funny ) problems where some applications work perfectly and some not ,trial versions that do not end when they should ect. but i must say that for me this programme works and have found the programmers to be very helpfull in wanting to improve and help people ,a good bit of service :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest shadamehr

Thanks for that Peekie.

And Maik, thanks for your Email too. Alas, the developer version is worse again, in that it does not work AT ALL on my phone - the 'egg timer' just spins and spins and spins.

And switching my phone off is difficult, and involves keeping the power switch held in for a long time.

You have mail to give you further details.

Thanks again folks.

Guest shadamehr

Maik, I am trying to keep certain things off this board, until they are fully resolved.

But can I just mention for the benefit of all the readers, how hard it is you are working to resolve issues etc, behind the scenes.

Just so the people out there know that you are a genuine person, and really committed to this.

So folks, Peekie is right, the developer of this product seems to me to be really genuine, and committed to helping.

Thanks for all your help Maik, and I will keep you posted too via Email.

Maybe I can also offer my help...

I'm a German living in England with a E100 on O2 and a E200 on Orange aviable. I also work in Telecomms (SIEMENS) with a few different type of outgoing links (E1) to test with...

Cheers

PT-1

Hi,

i think we found the problem... it seems that IA_CallerID was locking the contacts database when smartfilter tried to read it (both need the contacts database on incoming calls).

Now I've added some stuff that will prevent this conflict so you can use both together.

The new version still needs some internal tests before it can be released. But you can expect the update this week.

Maik

thats good to hear that is one programme on my spv E200 i do not use could be why i did not get the same problems

good work to shadamehr and to Maik of course as i know you both have been busy today trying to find a fix.nice to see a problem being solved so quick ,orange are you getting it ?? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest shadamehr

Yes, if only Orange showed the same amount of support and committment as Maik does.

Then we really would see progress, and no doubt be on to ROM version 4.3 or something by now

;-)

Thanks again Maik

two questions

1. The trial version.......is it the professional or lite version??

if lite......can we have a trial of the professional version as well

cuz I really need the automatic switching of profiles

2. To test the software I called myself from my home.......the first time it didn't ring......just shows a missed call......the second time it rang but ignored the call itself......third time it didn't ring.......whats with this??

also instead of sending a busy ringtone can we have the phone being switched off.......u know we have the option either sending a busy tone of a switched off tone

Guest shadamehr

I think this ties in with the 'timing' issue I mentioned earlier.

Now the latest developer version 'polls' the contact database more often or something, so that it can respond, and thus work faster...

That's my reading of it anyhow.

did a test myself and now the caller id is activated what worked perfect for me has the same problems as what shadamehr said he had it will be intersting to see what comes out a good job from Maik whos been very busy and to shadamehr whos been helping in sorting out the problems . this is a developer who wants his product to work and is willing to get it working NICE ONE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hello,

new version is out.

Maik

:arrow: NOVOMobile website

SmartFilter 1.1 UPDATE

adds:

- will not show contacts without phone number anymore

- improved detection for callers without number

- Italian translation

- reduced program size

- SPV E200/QTEK8080 now checks for correct installation (unlocking state)

fixes:

- WM2003 sometimes blocked calls on randomly (fixed)

- SPV E200 would sometimes pass calls when should be blocked (provider sends CALLER_ID very late) (fixed)

- label for "area code" ==> "country code" [english version]

- recurring appointments will be handled properly now

- French translation has been improved

Guest shadamehr

Hurrah to the developers.

PS Maik etc, just got your Email. But as its late here in UK, I will reply fully tomorrow. But for now at least, thank you for all your help in getting this to work etc!

Cheers!

Hi,

Updates can be downloaded for FREE. Just go to the appropriate reseller and >>Logon to your Account<<.

Then you will see your purchased software. Just download it again. It will containt the UPDATED version.

Maik

• 2 months later...
Guest varon

:?: I need some help here guys.

I installed the trial version on my mpx200 and all went well. Smartfilter blocked a call from a land line no trouble. But, well a cell call came through that was blocked, I was disappointed. My question is this... I live in the U.S. My provider is AT&T. I called them about the country code and provider code and they were CLUELESS!!! Could anyone help me with that?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...
Guest aristweed
Hi,

I'm one of the developers of this product. We currently search for this failure. In most cases a not fully unlocked E200 is the problem. Next version will have an info screen that will show that the E200 is not fully unlocked.

This will solve 99% of all problems with our product.

Maik Stohn

NOVOSEC

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Maik.

I purchased an SMT5600 from ebay. The phone has SmartFilter version 1.1 on it, and the phone is unlocked (made sure the seller did this for me). It blocks or unblocks all calls. When I try to enable only private/unknown calls only, all calls are still blocked.

I'm not sure what to enter in the settings but I had country code 1 and provider code as 416. I am from Toronto Canada and my provider is Rogers Wireless. When I receive incoming calls, my numbers have a + sign in front of them i.e. +1 (416) 123-4567. Is the problem the plus sign? If so, how do I enter it?

Also, do I need to upgrade to v1.3, and if so, how do I do that? (could not find support or upgrade page on your web site)

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me!

Kind regards,

Aris

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.