Motorola MPX 220 Flash movie (removed)

Guest schmiew1

i don't care what anyone says - it looks pig ugly. i hope it's not real, as motorola would've missed a real opportunity to get out something that looks superslick and works too.

Guest zeta101

@casey, they have simply flipped the image, there is not a volume control on the right, just the left, look at the keys on the RHS picture...they are all back to front :)

But anyway, this might be an older "concept" flash presenation u got sent Schmiew...something official from moto would be nice i guess :D have moto said anything about this apparent leak?

Guest kingronnie
The only thing that is a shame is the change back to boring sliver  :)  My black mpx200 always gets heads turning  :wink:

I agree, back to black please Moto

You just made my day guys!!!

I like it very much and it is far more different from the one in the photos that were in sites all over the Internet

That's why I have to say something obvious: MODACO always #1

Now waiting for the Mpx220 to be released is even more difficult... :roll:

Guest awarner [MVP]
I have a friend in Motorola. When I enquired about the MPx 220 he passed me this. Also he mentioned the Mpx 300 too.

I have asked If he has any pics of this.  

Cheers

Sweet :)

nice! it looks awesome. looks so much nicer in silver than black. i thought the black looked kinda cheap. especially the glossyness of it. i cant wait to get this phone. hopefully it will be out for at&t wireless (or cingular, as it seems they are one now) :)

Guest midnight
@Midnight --> http://smartfone.net/?m=show&id=329

Shows specs and volume controls on both the left and right.

hehe, the people at smartfone.net have flipped the image, look at the display and the keypad, the text is all backwards :)

and those specs are well out, those where the much publicised specs that i ridiculed a long time ago, hell, they even have the screen size as 165 x 220, which is WRONG (all smartphones until wm2k4, or whatever they decide to call it, comes out, until then, 176 x 220 is the standard for wm2k3 for Smartphones)

Guest midnight
It looks fake to me.

Why would Chi Mei move away from the USB connector that is present on the MPx200?  Where is the SD card slot?  The placement of the screen on an angle looks totally wrong.  Why would Motorola produce a flash of the phone syncing without mentioning Bluetooth?  It makes no sense as this will be one of the major reasons for updating...dunno I am very suspicious  :)

DO NOT go off the pics and specs on Smartfone.net, those pics have been flipped, and those specs are just rumoured specs from a while ago. Moto have not told anyone the official specs yet. And it makes perfect sense in updating, all they have is the mpx200, which has outdated os, no camera, no bluetooth.

and once again, look at the original pics in this thread, the SD slot is top right of the device.

Guest ajb1001

I had a meeting with Moto yesterday-pre-GSM announcements-and there was absolutely no mention of the MPx220-I am waiting for confirmation-look out for another MPx though-think smaller version of SE P900 without the UIQ touchscreen running Smartphone 2003-very nice-a new communicator running Windows Mobile-but cannot say anymore as under NDA-this does not look like official Moto to me-so maybe a prototype-all will be revealed soon...watch this space

IF it is a fake then someone took his time to sit down and build it in hard work. the way it is made is exactly like motorola is showing their products on the homepage. of course you can fake it and you can fake it in that quality too but hey it looks professional in every single point.

about how it looks: is that really your number one prio? have we come here together to talk like little nookia kids about black or white, stylish or not stylish? i know what i want first: a windows powered smartphone that has everything on board that cheap phones like those from nookia have (e.g. bluetooth with some more profiles please and a camera for mms or mail attachement snapshots) and that it comes anywhere near to the specs that always promise up to 100 hours standby and in most (htc-)cases we end up with a empty battery after 24 to 48 hours!

i have started to believe in motorola as the one and nearly only reliable source for windows powered smartphones that fit my needs and work like they should. there are just minor bugs in the mpx if you compare it to the bloody crap htc tries to sell to me.

regarding htc and its voyager i may be back later on with interesting news for those who haven't given up yet. ;-)

cheers, lutz

Guest stu_lowe2003

Looks good.

But... with the placement of the home, hang up, etc.. buttons does this mean that the pad can only be used as a four way?

They seem to be in the way of the diaganols. Hopefully this is just an early drawing.

Stu

Guest ghandlin
I have a friend in Motorola. When I enquired about the MPx 220 he passed me this. Also he mentioned the Mpx 300 too.

I have asked If he has any pics of this.  

Cheers

Was there something attached? I don't see it.

Thanx

Guest awarner [MVP]

Not sure about the specs they quote again they are wrong,

ie the screen size again also the battery 700mAh less than the mpx200?? I'd be surprised about that :)

A week ago I had contact via e-mail with the webmaster of mtconsultancy.nl (Mobile Phone Consultancy) and he said he saw pictures of it. It had a complete metal (silver)-look and internal antenna. So he was right, I'm sure it's the real thing :) Wonder if it comes out in black, I adore Motorola's MPX-200' black design. If one of you Motorola-guys read this, it's a hint!!

About the screen size, don't worry, its an requirement of MS that a Smartphone with MS Smartphone 2002/2003 running has an minimal screen resolution of 176x220. Same as the MPX-200, SPV, Mitac Mio 8390 (the last one runs also Smartphone 2003), Samsung i600, etc. :) And why should they decrease the with of the screen with 11 pixels :roll:

Although strange it has an 700 mAh battery. Even my Ericsson T68 has 700 mAh! And a 256-color STN screen while the MPX-220 has dual color screens and SD/MMC-slot, speaker, etc.

Guest Gorskar

Im not 100% sure those stats are correct.

So anyone want to hazard a guess as to when I can get it?

I was going to upgrade to an e200 at the end of this month, but if I can get one of those babies ina month or two I'm willing to wait (despite the funny dpad)