SD Card On/Off Switch (E200)

Guest MrMagoo

Guest darkeye1974

nice work tried it today have to leave my phone in locker at work and when leaving today had 4 bars on phone its usually down to 2 so quite a saving in battery there thanks again

Guest MrMagoo
nice work tried it today have to leave my phone in locker at work and when leaving today had 4 bars on phone its usually down to 2 so quite a saving in battery there thanks again

:) you should have a ringtone that sounds like a baby crying and see if anyone breaks into your locker :D

Guest TSCRYPTO
Just an idea...

Ok, this would be seriously over doing things but what if it could automatically shut down sd after a period of inactivity and then switch back on when an application calls the slot. Probably impossible to distinguish weather an app or the system is calling the slot but its just a thought  :wink:

Yes...a nice little application. I have spent a bit of time here griping about the capacity of my e200 battery, so I will be keeping any eye on it over the next few days.

Note though...if the e200 is turned off with the card de-activated, turning the phone back on automatically re-activates the card, so the app will have to be used each time the phone is turned on...not a problem though.

Yeah...anyway this app can be set to turn off card access after a period of inactivity and arc it again once a request for card access is made?

Many thanks...good effort!

:)

Guest nedge2k
Note though...if the e200 is turned off with the card de-activated, turning the phone back on automatically re-activates the card, so the app will have to be used each time the phone is turned on...not a problem though.

Yeah just put a shortcut in the startup folder. No biggie. :wink:

nice little app its a shame it cant be installed onto the homescreen start up so you could switch the sd card on and off before going through the menus as i have as many others have 90% of the progs and games on the sd card would be so handy if it could be loaded in the start up icons ,good app again well done will try it on my e200 see if it will extend the lifespan of the batt =D>  =D>

See, what you do is ... download my windows homescreen here, and then change one of the fixed icons at the bottom of the screen to link to this app. You can even make a custom icon to fit it! :wink:

EDIT : in fact, I'm just doing this for myself now, so if mrmagoo is agreeable, I'll post an icon for this app which can be applied to the homescreen! :wink:

Guest Pondrew

Well?

Did it work???

This is big, I've been leaving the SD card at home as I preferred battery life but it'd be great if I could once again make the commuters jealous by watching Simpson/Dungeons & Dragons on the bus each day!

Many thanks for this app MrMagoo

Guest MrMagoo

if people decide that this is usefull, I will make a version that works on SPV/E100/2002 ...

Could be some bad news here for SmartPhone 2002 users:

Initial probing has shown that the SD card is handled quite differently on this platform and will require a lot more research to discover it's secrets... :)

Guest rgangemi

MrMagoo I have run your app for two days and found no change is power settings It appears to still take up a fair amount of battery power even with the setting off. hmmm be interesting to see other peoples experience

i have gained over the 24 hours normally i have 1 bars at the time of writing this now its on 2, shame all my icons do not work after switching the sd card back on, also comes up with a cant find application warning and by switching on the phone again gets all the games ect working again. :wink: :wink: :wink:

i have gained over the 24 hours normally i have 1 bars at the time of writing this now its on 2, shame all my icons do not work after switching the sd card back on, also comes up with a cant find application warning and by switching on the phone again gets all the games ect working again. :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

I've had the same trouble. Most times the SD card does not start up again. Although, I've been able to get it working by re-inserting the card, not having to reset. Too early to say if there is a noticeable difference in power level yet.

Guest mengmeng

mrmagoo..

tnx for the reply about the bluetooth..im using smartphone 2002..thats it wont work.

can directly change my rom 1.7(canary is 1.9) to qtek or orange rom..tnx..

Guest pritsey

I only got my E200 a few days ago but I installed this anyway. If I turn off the SD card and then back on again then I am unable to access the card. I have to restart the phone in order to see the files on it again.

As fort battery life I'm affraid I couldn't comment as the phone is so new to me I have nothing to compare it with!

it is the same problem i have as well and as i keep all my games on the sd card its a pain ,but the app does help would love to hear if it works on pauls spv as he has the beta version of the next rom if he gains even more power.and pritsey welcome :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest TSCRYPTO

I can confirm that turning access to the SD card OFF does nothing to enhance the performance of the battery of the E200.

See my previous posts for information. Here

Today I listened to 30 mins worth of mp3 on the bus towork and the battery was at 80% half an hour later. I then turned the SD card off via the app and the battery still lost 4-5% per hour. (The SD card was turned off for approximately 9 hours whilst I was at work). I listened to mp3 on the bus on the way home (20 mins ago) with the battery now at 37% capacity and could hardly hear any White Stripes for the 'noise' of the bus.

It is my firm belief that the problem with the E200 battery is NOT the SD card polling and it is NOT the caller ID app. But that it is is Orange have released the phone with a sh*t battery. As simple as that.

I am glad I didnt pay for it. Sympathy for those who did.

ORANGE: DO THE RIGHT THING AND SORT THIS...ONE WAY OR THE OTHER..

:evil:

Guest TSCRYPTO
Forgive me for being thick peeps, TSCRYPTO are you saying this app DOES help the battery life...?

No mate...it would appear that although the app functions properly, the turning off of the card does not help the battery.

:cry: