orange uk have axed the mpx200 from there range!!

Guest thelagermonster

Guest thelagermonster

:) well after speaking to a orange rep today about replacing my broke mpx200 i was told that orange have stop doing the mpx200 and will not be getting anymore :D

They offered me spv e200 anybody know wat this one is like?

Guest awarner [MVP]

There are mixed rumours about this going round and everyone

thinks that they have the correct info :?

Onday Orange will get it right? here's hoping anyway :)

Guest Pondrew

Norky: Really hope the phone doesn't turn out to be as unstable as some posts here at MoDaCo are making me believe.

Talk about negative press! One minute the phone (MPX200) seems like the bee's knees (everything reliability and battery life wise that the E200 was meant to be), the next minute rumours of instability and discontinuation abound. The E200s launch was greeted with anger at it's problems, and only with time have most seemed to decide it isn't all bad. The MPX200 meanwhile was critically acclaimed for the first couple of months and now is having it's name dragged through the mud.

All I can say is, whoa! :shock:

Guest UKMadBeef

One of the MPx200's on my Orange account got nicked a couple of weeks ago. (gave it my mum as a christmas present, no less ... gutted or what ... no insurance neither) I've been in fairly regular contact with Orange regarding a replacement, because apparently it's going to be couriered, so I need to specify a date and time.

I asked about this specific rumour, and Ann from Orange knows nothing about it, and she assures me she'd know. The MPx200 has not been discontinued. I've been waiting for a replacement for about a week now, and they keep telling me "no stock anywhere". (I assume from the sources that are available to them for replacements - not likely to start pulling them off shelves)

She also agreed to ring me when they get stock, so if she does, I'll try to remember to let you guys know. If she doesn't, then she could have been lying about the MPx200 being knocked on the head, too :)

Not saying that's the final word, but that's what I know first hand. Hope they're re-firmwaring them with 2003 ... :D

Guest mcwarre
Norky: Really hope the phone doesn't turn out to be as unstable as some posts here at MoDaCo are making me believe.

Pondrew,

With my original SPV I had 6 replacements for faults; I had to soft reset (reboot) it at least twice a day and hard reset it at least once a week. All this in only 8 months; I then binned it cos I was fed up with it.

With my MPx200 I have not even had to soft reset it never mind hard reset or replace (in 3 months). No comparison!

There is also a difference in people's perspective; I was used to the unstable SPV so this is a godsend. Most of the 'whingers', I believe, have the Moto as their first smartphone so they are comparing it to a 'normal' phone hence some of the bad press. I guess that's what happens as the phone moves from a niche market into mainstream.......

Guest thelagermonster

The Reps at Orange are not that well inform plenty of times i have had to ring them over a 4 four week period because they registered my mobile under someones elses account and every time i rang them i got a different answer to why they had no mpx200's lefted to replace my broke handset.

The last time i rang them they said they can't replace it for another mpx200 because they was it no more lefted and there are not getting any more and the only stock lefted was in there shops around the country, i asked them for one of them but they said it dose not work like that its not there stock the shops are leased out with there name.(figure that one out).

Its still a great mobile so iam getting my one repaired at my own cost :-)

Guest UKMadBeef

Sounds like I'm gonna have lots* of* fun* trying to get hold of another MPx200 ...

( * = NO. )

I'll give em another ring on Friday and hopefully see what the crack is. I'll be a bit more persistent this time :) How's the E200 in comparison to the MPx200? They offer me a permanent replacement every time I ring up. (if she'd wanted an E200, she would have asked for one ...) Although I could take the E200 I suppose ... but I like my MPx200 :D

Cheers lads.

Guest Pondrew

Pondrew,

With my original SPV I had 6 replacements for faults; I had to soft reset (reboot) it at least twice a day and http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset it at least once a week. All this in only 8 months; I then binned it cos I was fed up with it.

With my MPx200 I have not even had to soft reset it never mind http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset or replace (in 3 months). No comparison!

There is also a difference in people's perspective; I was used to the unstable SPV so this is a godsend. Most of the 'whingers', I believe, have the Moto as their first smartphone so they are comparing it to a 'normal' phone hence some of the bad press. I guess that's what happens as the phone moves from a niche market into mainstream.......

I must say that I did get the impression the MPX200 was a slick and polish product, that is, until two weeks ago when threads started appearing about discontinuation, crashes and button conflicts.

I too had the SPV although didn't have anywhere near so many hard resets! The E200 I've found to be a huge improvement over the SPV in all areas except the battery life (and I'm hoping the upcoming update will solve that).

Having said that, I expect I too will be turning my back on the HTC Smartphone soon when the MPX100 comes out. Love the look of that!

Guest samandiain
Sounds like I'm gonna have lots* of* fun* trying to get hold of another MPx200 ...

( * = NO. )

I'll give em another ring on Friday and hopefully see what the crack is. I'll be a bit more persistent this time :) How's the E200 in comparison to the MPx200? They offer me a permanent replacement every time I ring up. (if she'd wanted an E200, she would have asked for one ...) Although I could take the E200 I suppose ... but I like my MPx200 :D

Cheers lads.

orange shops are franchises - independent companies trying to sell phones to make money. the phones they keep in stock are for them to give to their customers.

however I'm now on my 3rd mpx. both replacements came from an orange shop.

the first phone worked brilliantly for 2 weeks, then jammed at the startup screen, i called customer services. the declared it faulty, and offered me a p800 instead, as they were out of stock. I declined and asked if i could get it replaced form a shop. As i was still within my first 30 days, apparently i can.

the people in the shop swapped it over, without any problem - but only after having to again explain what was wrong, and they had a go at "fixing" it. I returned everything that came with the phone - right down to memory card, sim card and earphones (just in case that's what had cause the problem!)

phone number 2 never worked well. the battery never lasted 24 hours, even when making no calls - not even opening it.

every now and again it would reset it's self loosing all homepage, ringtone settings etc.

after 3 very annoyed weeks i gave up and took it back to orange, who again swapped it for a brand new boxed phone. This time it was after 30 days since i upgraded, but not since i got the second phone. however they never questioned my right to get it replaced - not surprising on a busy saturday morning - bad time to have an annoyed customer!

:oops:

there was a young lad in the shop, just signing up for a new mpx 200, i even wondered if i should jump in and stop his follishness, but then I still want one even after two have failed. - any more trouble, and it's a p900 for me.

20 days of battery life sounds good to me!

Iain

Guest thelagermonster

:!: ring orange uk and ask them trust me thats it for the mpx200 they said that there faulty and thats why they have stop doing them. :!:

Guest MPXtricky
I can assure you the MPx200 has not been axed by orange, trust me on this one. I know im new but have faith!  :)

The MPX200 is no longer available via the Orange web site and

I suspect it won't be long before it has been removed from Orange

shops.

This model is prone to locking up which requires a hard-reset and the

sim card clips are not strong enough to cope with the springs on the

sim contacts.

Remove your battery and see the strain they are under if you dare :twisted:

Guest awarner [MVP]

Prone to locking up?? the phone locks up far less than any other model of Smartphone, the ratio to users and the problem being posted about are very different.

The phone has not been available on the Orange website for quite a while now as Orange have a stock problem.

Orange have a very poor internal communication problem that need addressing, you could talk to half a dozen different operators on the front

line support and you will be told different information from all of them.

Guest kelv23

went to an Orange shop yesterday and they seemed to have plenty.he tried to steer me away from the MPx as "we get more returns on MPX's than SPV's" could also have been that the SPV was £100 and the MPX £50 on the contract I was looking at.in true defiant style I found an unwanted upgrade MPX for £135 in the local paper,bargain!!

Guest goinnuts

asad ali does know what hes talking about. he works with me in an orange shop. and trust us both, we've had no word they have been discontinued. orange are trying to more stocks of more popular phones such as v600 e700 and v500 aswell as release 2 new phones. there is plenty of stock across the estate, its just whether you go to a shop where people know what they're talking about.

mark.

Guest Johneboy

According to the info I have available to me Orange currently have no stock of this phone available. Some stores my still have some to sell however I guess.

If your MPX200 fails then Orange will replace it with a Sony Ericsson P800 in all circumstances.

So it looks like the handset is off the market,b ut for what reasons I don't know.

Guest RnScotch

first time i phoned i was told it was out of stock, 2nd time i phoned i was told that it has been discontinued......

and they are offering me a spv e200 as a replacement.....

Guest scorch70

Me too, I rang Orange regarding a new fault, when you open the flip the screen stays off and the phone has crashed (was on my 4th handset) they told me that they are no longer replacing mpx 200's due to too many faults with it and also offered me a spv e200, I accepted and I am much happier with it. For anyone interested my faults were as follows.

1st phone battery only lasted 2 hours

2nd phone the keypad keys stuck

3rd phone phone crashed and stuck on moto screen

4th phone see above.

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY
I can assure you the MPx200 has not been axed by orange, trust me on this one. I know im new but have faith!  :)

I'm pretty sure too coz I was at the Bluewater branch of Orange yesterday and they were still selling it. So maybe just the ones that have sold out aren't gonna re-stock until they can assure it's problem free.