e200 camera program Load time is extreme

Guest ultimasnake

Guest ultimasnake

I really like my e200 in every way... EXCEPT FOR the camera program to make photos.... it takes 33 seconds to load.....

that is very long.

does anybody else have that problem? it just anoys me bigtime since it should be a press and maybe a second or 2 at most to be able and take a picture.

So what gives why does it load that long on an e200... the e100 seems to be able to make an image as soon as the cam is clicked on.

anybody else have this anoying problem? Or have an alternative to make pictures on?

(i asked iastyles this question too but no answer yet)

Guest davo141

1, 2 seconds for me. i have all options as standard. i've just put the picture size to 320x240 and picture quality to superfine. album takes aggees to load though :)

Guest badboy4life

I find it takes ages to load - 30 seconds sounds about right!!! I tend to load it and then just leave it memory resident, then when loading it a second time it loads in about 3/4 seconds.

Guest ultimasnake

yeah but i think that is because it runs in the background then...

can any of you guys (with the fast speeds) please close the app with an application manager.... and then run it? and tell me what the time is?

Guest markhammill

Do you have the program set to save the pictures to you phone or sd?

I don't know if it would make a difference.

But as far as performance goes, my video capture tends to crash if I use the sd.

Guest shadamehr

I use the phone, as like you say, using the SD card for video tends to crash it.

My camera app is buggy at the best of times. Often, in normal use, it will shoot a couple of images, then the next attempt will see it close, and default to the homescreen.

All in all, a poor app.

I have little else running at the time, and plenty free mem, so go figure...

mine loads in about a second, i just click the button on the side of the phone and its ready to go  :?

LOL, thanks mate. I'd set-up a speed dial for the camera, didn't know you could do that! :oops:

Oh yes, my cam loads more or less instantly.

Guest gnagis

i have an E100 and i use 640*480 and my camera loads in just 1sec or so... not more... ultimasnake knows this i have sent him a test picture to prove it

Guest ferret
I use the phone, as like you say, using the SD card for video tends to crash it.

My camera app is buggy at the best of times.  Often, in normal use, it will shoot a couple of images, then the next attempt will see it close, and default to the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen.

All in all, a poor app.

I have little else running at the time, and plenty free mem, so go figure...

Same here, about 50% of the time I take a photo, then "unable to capture from camera device, then crashes out back to homescreen. Quite annoying when you just want to take a quick photo.

Guest blewer

E200

Storage= Storage card

Flicker adjustments= Auto

JPEG quality= Superfine

Capture size= 640*480

Video size= 352*288

Version 2.00

Loads in about 3 seconds :?

Guest Pondrew

Strange guys. Sounds like some of you have something not quite right with your E200s. Mine is ready to take a picture within 4 seconds of pressing the camera button on the side.

And yes I used task manager to close it and it still loaded in about 2 seconds.

So are you saying after you press the camera button you have to wait over 10 seconds for the camera to display?! If so there's something wrong with your phone or at least with the way you got it setup.

Guest shadamehr

Ok gonna do a test.

My settings are:

Images = 640x480

Video = 352x288

Audio = On

Zoom (None)

Storage = Internal Memory

Flicker = Auto

Jpeg = Superfine (but I notice it was on fine, following last hard reset - forgot to change it back, so all this time its only been set to fine)

Review captured file = Yes

Camera Version = 2.00

CLEAN booted my phone.

And after it was loaded, without anything else potentially interfering, I clicked the camera button.

Then from loading the app, to the egg timer stopping, and it being ready to actually take a photo, it took exactly:

10.5 seconds.

Which it must be said is still a lot QUICKER than usual for me.

When out in the street, when you really want it to be fast, it seems to take much longer...

Note that taking the picture, and then having it save it and store it, took another four seconds.

Not good all round.

Guest Pondrew

I don't understand it shadamehr. I just tried after a reboot and I'd taken a picture within 5 seconds of pressing the camera button!

How much phone storage do you have left. Could it be it's a bit cluttered on there?

I've just checked my settings and they're all the same, every one! I had the storage card in at the time but it was saving to the internal memory just as yours is :?

Guest ultimasnake

just tested it again.. reset the phone

tried it again... 33 seconds

Phys memory free : 9.75

Storage folder free : 14.40 , total 30

Storage card free : 65.25 , total 122.41