Please help on the functions of Bluetooth Headsets

Guest strider01

Guest strider01

Out of the tested headsets in another thread, sorry I don't know how to quote other threads, there were reports that the headsets worked. To what extent? Can you dial the Xphone (or Qtek8080 or E200) and talk through the headset so you can actually drive a car and talk handsfree? Laws in Australia prevent people from talking on the phone while driving unless you use a handsfree kit of sorts. All I want is a headset that will answer and allow you to talk upon dialling. Voice diallling is nice but I know the Xphone does not support it.

Please any info would be great.

Guest v1nn1e

yes E200 or Xphone is capable of the features you mentioned. It's all down to how well the bluetooth handfree pairs with the phone to get these features to run properly.

Guest v1nn1e

I have tried three with the e200...

Nokia HDW 2

Mini Blue Kondor

Jabra BT200

Out of the three, i preferred the jabra.

When partnering with phone, none give problems.

When transferring the call from handset to headset, outgoing and incoming, the Kondor was slower then the other two.

Sound quality has to go to the Jabra. Then Kondor.

Comfortability to the Jabra.

Size goes to the Kondor.

Build quality, Kondar was the worst. jabra wins

Nokia HDW not recomended as it switches itself off every 5 mins or 30 mins. you'd need the headset to stay on ready for any calls.

Range is good on Kondor and Nokia but for some reason, just with the jabra and e200 the range is not that good. It crackles if you move the phone about or move it a bit too far. But with my phone in my car phone holder and me driving, there is no crackling! most important i guess.

Sony ericsson make the best ones apparently. If i had money and had a chance to choose again, i would buy the HBH-60 or HBH-65. i haven't tried them but people say they are good. they are small too.

I recommend trying the jabra, sony ericsson's and the Kondor.

Let me know which you like?

Guest pdiddy

i have just recieved my bt250 bluetooth headset. i am unable to pair the devices up? the phones doesnt even detect it? i have done the new update aswell any ideas?

Guest v1nn1e

Have you put the handsfree on pairing mode? I have the bt200, you have to keep the power button pressed for a while for a continues blue light which means it's in pairing mode.

Guest pdiddy

hey i figured it out. thanks. yeah it was in pairing mode but what u need to do is go in to menu - bond devices-- new and then it will start looking for the device. i have had my phone bluetooth on all morning on discoverable and still have full battery bar!!!!!!! update could possibly work

cheers vinnie

I have tried the Jabra BT200 with my E200, and it paired up with no problems at all, and when the phone is close to the headset with no visible obstructions, it works fine. HOWEVER, if you hold the phone in your hand, walk more than about a metre away or put the phone in your pocket, it starts to crackle or cuts out altogether.

Has anyone else had this problem? I also tried the Ericsson HBH-35, and I get the same problem. :evil:

Guest simon11

I find the BT200 headset very unreliable. Only seems to work in perfect conditions. I had the Jabra headset for the non bluetooth spv as well. I ended up sending it back.

Simon

My BT200 Jabra doesn't work very well. I'm using the one for non bluetooth devices since I used it with the original SPV and it isn't working well when I paired it directly to the phone (so I don't need the adapter). Alot of crakling and it sometimes doesn't work when I want to make a call... I'm pretty sure this headset is the exact same as the one you get out of the box that doesn't have the adapter. It works better with the adapter (which is making me think it's the phone that's the problem!??)

I'm going to pick up a Plantronics 3000 and see how that goes...

Guest pd.ryder

Orange tech support recommend the Plantronics M3000. I have had fair results from the Motorola HS810. The only disapointment with it is when the E200 rings the only notification I get via the BT is what Motorola refer to as the "not recognised" tone - a simple de-dah tone meaning the headset doesn't recognise what the phone is sending, but a simple press of it's large, shiny button causes it to answer the call. Hangs up the call in the same way. No major crackles or pops right out to 10 metres (as long as headset has a good charge). It's such a tiny, light device and the Jabra BT250 would do no more than this Motorola. Despite "what it says on the tin" none of them actually support proper "headset" funtion, let alone "handsfree".

You pay your money, you take your pick.... They all seem much alike to me.

I prefer the way the Motorola looks, but I went for the Plantronics based on the feedback from people since quality is most important. I've used it for a couple days now. It is definitely much better than the Jabra I had (which is a shame because I like the way the Jabra looks/feels). But... It does still crackle quite a bit more than I think it should. Not sure if it's the phone or what? The headset emits a tone when the phone rings and I can click the headset button to answer it. If I make a call and the bluetooth is on in my phone then the headset automatically turns on. That's all great and the sound is good when there is no crackling, but there's too much crackling.

Anyone used BOTH the Motorola and Plantronics and have any opinions/input? I can probably take the Plantronics back to the store since it's only been a few days if the Motorola works better...

Guest pd.ryder

Orange do say the device connection to the Motorola is "questionable", causing some (occasional) failures to pick up the call when everything is connected and 'on'. I have only experienced this mighty annoying issue once only. I do like the active flip on the Motorola's boom mic - it appears that I'm answering the smallest phone in the world - when the E200 rings, I whip the BT from my shirt pocket, open the boom and chat away!!

pd.ryder,

2 questions:

1. How long have you been using the Motorola HS810?

2. Do you think the headset could eaisily break (i.e. moving boom mic)?

I have been using my Plantronics M3000 headset for 4 days and the round circle has already broke! :) I have been keeping the headset in my pocket.

anyone else have this problem?? It's unusable now... I'll be taking it back to the store tomorrow and I might get a Motorola HS810...

Plantronics M3000 Broke.jpg

Plantronics M3000 Broke 2.jpg

Guest mikeyboy

I have the HS810 for my Xphone - dont experience any difficulties with connection (I make sure I open the boom slowly when using it) - had it for about 6 weeks now - the boom is on a hinged pin and seems fairly sturdy. The headset is stored in a nifty little case for protection that you can clip onto your trousers etc.

Guest pd.ryder

Yoos - I've been using the Motorola HS810 for about a month now. No problems with any signs of breakage. The boom folds away tightly against the body of the device and I've had no pprobs with it catching on pockets etc. The ear 'clamp' seems to be more substantial than most - operating on a hinge-and-pinch method which creates a nice tight fitting even on my oddly shaped ears! It's held onto the device with 2 great lugs rather than a dainty 2mm circle. I'd give it a go if I were you.

great! Thanks for all the info... I'm going to just take my headset back instead of exchanging it and will go for the Moto one....

*Edit: My HS810 is now on order! Should be here mid week... :)

Guest pd.ryder

Using an E200 (HTC Voyager) with latest Orange 'downgrade'(!) to ROM 2.6.1.3 It worked well with the previous ROM too. I do, very occasionally, have difficulty getting the device to pick up calls but a quick charge normally sorts that out.

Anything specific or just "Arrrgh - won't work!"