RJShortcut Icons Problem

Guest Coucou

Guest Coucou

Remy (or anyone who can help), I've got your RJShortcut plugin, latest version on my homescreen. However even with the new icon sniffer it doesn't display icons for a couple of programs which are located on the storage card unless I refresh the homescreen (change it and change back). The targets are the lnk's in the start menu, I know they're right because they work when clicked, even without the icon there. It appears that it has a problem pulling the icon fast enough on start-up. Is there a way around this or do I have to create an icon resource and point towards it? Cos I'm not sure I'll be able to do that.

Guest RickDawson

I have this prob too...

I think that it is due to the homescreen being drawn/generated/refreshed, before the memory card is accessed on startup.

Guest greenwood

I'm having this problem too on my QTek 7070. Previous version never shows icons for apps stored on storage card after reset. New version gets little better. Sometimes it finds all icons, sometimes is missing only one but from time to time all icons on storage card are not shown.

Guest RemyJ

OK, give the new version a try... http://smartphone.peakin.com

About 5 seconds after the plugin loads, it rechecks all icons and attempts to load any that are missing. You can tune the timer with the "loaddelay" attribute if you really need to. See the readme.

The plugin also detects insertion of the storage card and will check the icons at that time as well so if the card isn't in the phone when it's booted, the icons will draw when the card is inserted.

Guest priccijr

Neither the setup file nor the .CAB will create the RJ folder in the program files folder so the DLL is not installed and the line doesn't show on the default home screen. The install says everything goes fine but the folder isn't there.

I have an Original SPV

smartphone 2002 build 3.0

rom version 1.6.1.10

Guest RemyJ
Neither the setup file nor the .CAB will create the RJ folder in the program files folder so the DLL is not installed and the line doesn't show on the default http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen. The install says everything goes fine but the folder isn't there.

I have an Original SPV

smartphone 2002 build 3.0

rom version 1.6.1.10

Not sure what to tell you. The folder is created and the file is copied OK on my i600. What happens if you create the folder manually and run the CAB file or setup again? Does the dll copy and register?

Guest Coucou

Thanks remy, only problem is now it only displays the two from my card, and not the other ones! D'oh. Any chance of another fix? Pretty please?

And mpxtricky, how do I do that on my phone? Pay attention at the back! :roll:

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest RemyJ
Thanks remy, only problem is now it only displays the two from my card, and not the other ones! D'oh. Any chance of another fix? Pretty please?

And mpxtricky, how do I do that on my phone? Pay attention at the back! :roll:

](*,) I'll keep trying.

What happens if you remove your card and reinsert it?

What happens if you boot the phone with no card inserted, then insert it?

Guest Coucou

1, if i refresh the screen nothing happens.

2, if i remove the card and re-insert it nothing happens

3, if i reboot without the card in then i have no icons at all until i put the card in when i get the two from that.

hope that helps. :)

Guest RemyJ
1, if i refresh the screen nothing happens.

2, if i remove the card and re-insert it nothing happens

3, if i reboot without the card in then i have no icons at all until i put the card in when i get the two from that.

hope that helps. :)

Well, that's what should happen, except of course the other icons not showing up. :evil:

OK, still investigating.

Guest Coucou

Well it's bedtime for me now, so you won't get much feedback off me for a bit. hope you sort it. if it helps the two card icons showed up before any of the rest of the screen, so that bit's well sorted!

Guest RemyJ
Well it's bedtime for me now, so you won't get much feedback off me for a bit. hope you sort it. if it helps the two card icons showed up before any of the rest of the screen, so that bit's well sorted!

When you get a chance, can you post the XML for the plugin and indicate which ones have targets in IPSM but whose programs on the card?

thx.

Guest Coucou

ok, here's the xml:

the first two are the ones on the card. I've just realised that they are also the only ones where i've linked to an actual shortcut rather than the .exe. Significant?

Guest Coucou

Right, tried changing the targets to start menu shortcuts rather than the .exe file and have had some success. Unfortunately the phone keeps trying to tell me it can't find any valid homescreen layouts, but I don't think it's neccessarily related. Anyway, I went away and left it and it sorted itself out.

The actual targets were working before btw, the icons just weren't displaying.

EDIT: The only one I can't get to display now is the Internet Explorer one which has an argument to it. So it does appear to be related to whether the target is .lnk or .exe. Also when I use a program from the RJShortcut bar the icon now appears in the MRU plugin, which it didn't do before, though that's not a problem just an observation.

Guest RemyJ

"No valid homescreen" usually means "error parsing the XML". Open the XML in Internet Explorer on the desktop before shipping it to the phone and it'll tell you where the error is. For me, it's usually those pesky closing quotes.

The MRU is triggered by using shortcuts as targets. I didn't realize this myself until a few weeks ago.

Still investigating... :)

Guest Coucou

It's not a problem that repeated itself, don't worry about the no valid homescreen.

This thread is a bit like that "whack-a-mole" game isn't it? One problem solved, another pops up. :roll:

Guest Coucou

Now it gets really weird, i used the homescreen refresh method posted by taoski and the problem has disappeared!

Edit: only one problem now, the arguement i have attached to internet explorer (a links page) only opens once, otherwise it opens the favourites page. Is it only my phone that is this weird?