Anyone have the i600 connector pinout?

Guest Skitals

Guest Skitals

Anyone? I want to make a cable to hook a serial gps up to the i600 but need the pinouts for the i600 and spv (whichever smartphone it is that has the same pinout as the xda... or i guess the xda pinout would work :) ).

Also, anyone know someplace you can get an i600 connector with all the pins? The charger only has like 4 pins. Anyone have a broken sync cable they will donate to the cause?

Thanks

Guest Skitals

I wouldnt do that... im not poor myself. What i REALLY need is the pinouts to know if it's even possible. If the i600 has the same pins as the spv/xda, or at least all the ones used for the gps, it should be possible since it works on the spv.

Anyone that has that cheap sync cable (box wave or something), can you tell me if it has all the pins?

Guest Skitals

Also, the i600 has the same connector as the i700, correct? I seem to remember there being a gps kit for the i700. Maybe that reciever and cable would work on the i600 in mapopolis. Or, maybe the i700 pinout is available somewhere because it's been available much longer.

We could be getting somewhere here.

Guest Skitals

I saw this, and one by teletype (or something). Both have steep prices, even if they work with the i600. They are priced so high because the come with the software. I tried finding place that sells just the reciever without the software with no luck.

hopefully an i700 to i600 convert out there has one of these two gps solutions to test on the i600.

It would still be best if we could make a cable to connect the $50 radioshack reciever to the i600.

Guest Skitals

Okay, I contacted teletype about if they sell their i700 gps reciever seperately (normally just bundled with their software). this is what i got back:

Hi Justin,

Right now the bundle is on Special so you are better off to get it that way. In addition, here's a discount coupon you can use to get $20 off your purchase:  50220.

Mini-Auto GPS for Samsung i700 - U.S. Street Maps - NEW!

Code:1285

Price:$199.00  

Sincerely,

Marleen Winer

TeleType GPS

www.teletype.com

live assistance:  www.teletype.com/chat

Never Get Lost Again!

So with the coupon she gave me it would be $179. If I was planning on keeping my i600, I would consider as I am fairly confident it will work. The best alternative is if we can get the i600/i700 pinouts and make a connector to hook up a cheap serial gps mouse.

Guest Santa Fe

Keep working on this. I'd like to have it as well but not at this price since the Smartphone's screen is mucho difficult to read in sunlight (at least around here).

Guest Skitals

I use to use Mapopolis in my car with my ipaq and socket bluetooth gps (both stolen when my car was broken into). It was VERY VERY useful. Instead of looking at my tripometer and recalculating how many miles to my next exit or destination every time is a pain on any trip over 100 miles. With mapolis it tells you the distance to your next turn or exit, estimated time of arrival, how many miles to go, etc. The i600 screen would be GREAT for this and is worth it to me even if i have to make an effort everytime i want to check the screen.

I always used the gps for more of keeping track of my trip progress, instead of the using it hardcorp for directions or when i get lost.

• 4 weeks later...