Erase the T9 Dictionary

Guest marauderz

Guest marauderz

OK.. after too many spelling mistakes I'm ready to erase my user inputted T9 words... cause I really hate "tdpt" showing up everytime I want to key in "test"

So.. tell me guys.. how DO I reset my user dictionary on my XPhone?

Thanks!

Guest moo_ski_doo

There should be a file called mst9.udb in IPSMApplication DataSystem. You should be able to delete or empty this file to get rid of all your words, but TAKE A BACKUP FIRST so you can't blame me if it goes wrong :) Unfortunately this will lose ALL the words you've added, there's no way to remove individual words at the moment (it looks like you should be able to if you look at the contents of that file, but as far as I know no-one has been able to figure out exactly how stuff is stored in that file yet.)

Guest mcwarre

You can look at it using excel but can't edit it. As mentioned above, delete it (after copying). Switch to abc mode for a few days so that the T9 can relearn your words. Then switch back to T9 and hey presto!

Guest stevekay

I have had a stab at a T9 Editor. I have tried it on the mst9.udb from my E200 and the extra words that I put in are found, and the ones that are deleted do not show up.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Simply download the mst9.udb file from your phone, edit it, and put it back. Applications that use T9 may have to be terminated before the database is refreshed.

Requires .NET Framework and runs on your PC ...

EDIT: I noticed a small programming error and have corrected it.

T9Editor.zip

Guest James

another test done:-

deleted mst9.udb and re-boot phone.....

new mst9.udb created

wrote new word into SMS using tap methord and sent it.

new sms wrote and the word in uin the T9

downloaded mst9.udb file and opened it with editor.... could see my new word.

added another new word and saved the file.

uploaded the mst9.udb file back to phone.

now neither of the words are in the T9!!!!!

re-boot phone.

again, neither of the words are in the T9!!!!!

Guest stevekay

I may be unique in that my t9 database doesn't get obliterated when I reboot the phone (and my battery life has improved since the update!!).

Sorry, I made quite a basic mistake when tidying up some of the source, you can now add text to the database and upload it back to the phone with no problems.

I have found that if you kill applications that use the T9 dictionary, and then go back into them, the new data is used - i.e. no need to reboot the phone!

Guest stevekay

I have uploaded a fix to James' problem (in my first post) as it was a rather stupid programming error. :oops:

Feel free to let me know if there are any other problems..

I am working on the next version to include extracting the DB directly over ActiveSync - would this be useful?

Steve

Guest James

WOW! that is cool! works fine now!

P.S. i have added a news story about this to the front page of the site. get ready for the requests.. :)

Guest Pagemakers

Spockie it requires .NET Framework to run on your PC ... I have it working fine on XP.

It's also great for entering phone numbers quickly. Just add fopr example 4446465465464 then on yuor phone you can press the + key and enter the numbers without having to go to 123 mode. Also great for postcodes!

Guest ferret

stevekay you're a genius

It's also great for entering phone numbers quickly. Just add fopr example 4446465465464 then on yuor phone you can press the + key and enter the numbers without having to go to 123 mode. Also great for postcodes!

Finally, good thinking!

Can't wait to get home from work and download this application :) :lol: :lol:

Guest rogerbates

Brilliant!!!! :)

I used to use the draft message to store my words in but that is a pain in the arse when you want to add new words. Now I can store a copy of my mst9.udb file on my storage card and just replace it when it forgets! Just have to remember to back it up every now and then.

Cheers stevekay!!!

Guest jimbou

Have you the.net framework??

Thanks,that was the problem!

I installed it,but now i cannot find mst9.udb in my qtek8080

I found a file T9AW.udb but i cannot edit it with the t9editor

Guest marauderz

Great. but one problem... seems like it doesn't work on an O2Xphone T9 file.. cause it's called T9AW.UDB so maybe the format might have changed!

Steve,

Wonderful program as one can input uncommon names and use a mix of words in different languages easily.

But strangely, instead of mst9.udb, I have T9AW.udb on my Xphone(=E200,Qtek 8080). The program does not work on using this (T9AW) file. Haven't tried uploading a newly created mst9.udb file (with the T9editor) yet.

Could you add support for capital letters ? The T9 in the Xphone does recognise inputs created with capital letters such as names of person..etc.