Erase the T9 Dictionary

Guest marauderz

Guest Pagemakers

I just wish my bloody phone would remember the T9 words. It still forgets them even after the latest update!

Look at the 2 images below. The 1st was last night, and the empty one is today!!!!!

At least with this app I can quickly re-load my T9 back to the phone, until it forgets them again :evil:

I have put a suggestion to Stevekay and he is building a little app that may sort the lost T9 words once and for all.

Watch this space.....

good.gif

bad.gif

Guest Disco Stu

Hmmm...interesting list.

Had a laugh when discovering my list already included the following :

jonesrocket

pantie-waist

grrr....fume

resetposted

iguana

:)

Guest stevekay

If someone could post me a copy of their T9AW.udb file, then I will have a look at it to see if the app can be modified to use them...

Steve

Guest stevekay

I have knocked up an app that will copy mst9.udb from StorageMy Documents to StorageApplication DataSystem. I have included a shortcut in the WM2003 zip but not in the 2002 version - sorry.

If you put CopyT9Db.exe in StorageProgram Files and the shortcut into StoragewindowsStartUp and StoragewindowsStart Menu, then it can be used on startup and manually.

The application does not output any messages if it is successful, but does if it fails.

NOTE: for the 2002 version substitute IPSM for Storage.

Please note that this was knocked up in under an hour and may not work completely - it does on my phone though!

CopyT92002.zip

CopyT92003.zip

Guest abdllatif

I have waited for this application long, and hope it will work well for me, since I totally write my messages in phonetic Arabic. My phone keeps on forgetting the words.

I installed T9 application and also the .network application, and got it al working. I can see al my words and ad or delete any of them. But when I try to save the file, I get this message Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. Instead of adding words the application erases al the data in the file. Which I offcourse have copied to my desktop computer.

Help............[-o<

Guest stevekay

abdllatif - please send me your mst9.udb as it was before you changed it.

The app was knocked up fairly quickly and as such hasn't had a lot of bounds testing or protection, so please bear with me while I iron out the gliches :wink:

If anyone else has other or similar problems, then please send me the T9 database and I will try to have a look!!

Guest rogerbates

Don't want to speak too soon but since using the T9 Editor thing on Thursday to view and then save my words, it hasn't forgotten them! :)

Has anyone else noticed this? Normally it forgets my words after a couple of days or at most a week but so far it is looking good. :lol:

Probably just lulling me into a false sense of security.

But if it has sorted it, stevekay you are a genius!!!

Guest Sam71

Steve, your effort to help the community is commendable. You really go out of your way to help :) :lol: :lol: .

I also have the xphone with the weird *.udb file. Appreciate if you could post a fix for the xphone as the editor will be usefull.

Thank you

Guest andyvan

Hey Steve

downloaded the t9 editor, have run it on XP, but it cant find my *.UDB file.

I think cause my file is called T9AW.UBD.

But when i try to open the .UDB file the program cant see my Smartphone. So then i copied the .UDB file to my desktop and tried to edit it (and then copy it back)...but program wouldn't open the file..

HELP ?!?!?

Guest Pagemakers

Steve, this, Orange Shell Config and Mapopolis are the best 3 applications I have ever installed on my Smartphone.

Thanks for your time and effort!

Guest rogerbates
Don't want to speak too soon but since using the T9 Editor thing on Thursday to view and then save my words, it hasn't forgotten them!  :)  

Has anyone else noticed this? Normally it forgets my words after a couple of days or at most a week but so far it is looking good.  :lol:  

Probably just lulling me into a false sense of security.  

But if it has sorted it, stevekay you are a genius!!!

Err scrub that it went today :oops:

Still it was easy to put all my words back on again.

Guest Pagemakers

You don't need to worry about that if you use the CopyT9 program detailed in this forum.

This program copies your T9 dictionary from your My Documents folder to the phone on each boot up.

You can also run the program manually.

I used to loose my T9 daily. It's been nearly a week (since I installed Copy T9) and I'm still going strong.

Guest stevekay

I have created a new program - T9Monitor.

Copy T9Monitor.exe into StoragewindowsStartUp and restart the phone or execute from SmartExplorer.

This will monitor StorageApplication DataSystemmst9.udb for the addition of words. When a new word is added, it automatically backs up the database to StorageMy Documentsmst9.udb. This means that your backup is always up to date!!

On startup the application will check to see if the database exists and if it doesn't OR it contains 0 words, it will automatically restore the backup.

Please note that it was compiled using eVC 4.0 (all I have at home) and will therefore only work on WM2003.

UPDATED: Now compiled using EVC 3.0 so should work on 2002 as well. I have also rearranged the code and changed the logic so that the Master db gets over written when there are no words in it. The backup gets updated when the number of words in the master is greater than the back up.

This does have the side effect of having to kill the app if you want to upload a new db (if the number of words is fewer) - but it can be restarted easily enough. :wink:

:idea: EDIT 2: Pagemakers has pointed out that as this is untrusted it needs to be run once so that you can confirm that you are allowing this untrusted code to run. Best way is to run it using Smart Explorer or creating a shortcut on the menu.

:!: EDIT 3: Updated to work on non-WM2003 devices. I don't have one so could someone try it and let me know if it works.

T9Monitor.zip

Guest MrZaphod

Having just played around with the mst9.udb file I keep on finding that it is always 4kb in size.....

What I did:

1) Had a look at the size of the mst9.udb file.

2) Deleted it

3) Added one word with 'abc' mode

4) Checked the size again.

5) Added a few more words

6) etc

Is this the whole problem with the T9 forgetting words. The file reaches a certain file size then it resets itself?

Sorry if this has been observed before.

Guest stevekay

You are quite correct, the file always remains 4kb (except on Qtek's where it is 1Kb).

The words are in at the front of the file and the rest of it padded out with NULLs.

I don't think the file getting over the limit is the reason for it resetting as some people observe it disappearing during the day with very little words in it.

What I have observed (and some unfortunate people who downloaded my VERY buggy first post) is that if the checksums don't match up, then the next app to use the T9 database will reset it :shock:

My theory could be that the underlying software that puts words into the database is not setting the checksums correctly and therefore it gets wiped.

Personally I don't suffer from the loss of the T9 database (for some unknown reason), but I have written an application that will monitor, back up and restore when necessary (on page 3 - T9Monitor).

Guest abdllatif

Saw the update of the T9monitor program, and installed it promptly. Unfortunately nothing is happening. I unzipped the file, copied it onto my Motorola mpx 200 (2002) to the folder IPSM/Windows/StartUp.

Rebooted my phone and looked for any new file in the folder IPSM/MyDocuments but nothing was created. I tried to use File Manager to execute T9Monitor.exe but it doesn't start, work.

Still nothing happens. :shock:

Guest abdllatif

I also can not remove the file from the phone, probably because it is in use? After all it does sit in the startup folder.

Maybe it is a better Idee to create a shortcut in this startup folder, rather than putting the .exe file in it? Or wouldn't that work Steve?

Guest Pagemakers
I also can not remove the file from the phone, probably because it is in use? After all it does sit in the startup folder.

Maybe it is a better Idee to create a shortcut in this startup folder, rather than putting the .exe file in it? Or wouldn't that work Steve?

Rename it to T9monitor.xxx, reboot, then you can delete it.