Battery Life since E200 UK Update!!!

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

My battery life was always appauling on my E200, losing between 4 and 5% every hour, resulting in a stand-by time of well under 24 hours without use (usually about 18-20 hours) :cry:

Last night after applying the update my E200 is actually a bit worse :evil:

After leaving my phone on stand by, for 9 hours after a fresh reboot and a fully charged battery, it's down to 50% :cry:

It's losing about 5.5% every hour :shock:

I've got a 512 Lexar SD card in it, bluetooth is off, no apps were running, and the battery is actually only a few weeks old :?

I've only installed 2 apps, Binarys Task Manager and Smart Explorer, both on the phone and I've changed the homescreen to "Windows Default"

What do I do now :?: .........Mr Orange :?: :?: :?:

Guest spacecowboy6982

Doesnt sound too good Simon :!: Im carrying out my usual battery tests today and hopefully I'll see some form of improvment. Fine, they got their update out when promised but if it doesnt fix what it was meant - can we really call it an "update" :?:

Guest Vector

Same here! :'(

I am going to go through a few fully drain, recharge cycles and hope for the best :)

All i wanted from this update was better battery life, and we haven't got it :lol:

Guest serialkillazzs

could be ur make of storage card thats draining e200 battery, if use are al using lexar cards. sounds like a poll on storage cards might be useful. ive a kodak multimedia card and mines improved greatly, really clear type too which they should have had in the release of e200.

Guest Simon Desser

I'm using a Lexar 512mb SD card, but I also used the same card in my SPV, and E100 and had no battery life problems.

So even if it IS something to do with the card, the fault must surely be with the phone :?:

Guest Vector
I'm using a Lexar 512mb SD card, but I also used the same card in my SPV, and E100 and had no battery life problems.

So even if it IS something to do with the card, the fault must surely be with the phone :?:

yep, i'm currently doing a test on the phone for battery life with SD in and battery life without SD in :)

will have my results when the battery goes dead :lol:

Guest drblow

I think my battery life is actually SLIGHTLY better - as in after 7-8 hours of not being touched at all, the phone has 2 bars (58%) as opposed to the 1 bar it used to have previously. But the fcat still remains that in work, if I have a particularly hard day (you know the kind of thing, mp3's, 2 games of Links, etc etc) I need to recharge at lunchtime.

100 hours of standby my ass!! Lets have a poll on who thinks Mr. Orange will once again disappear into the woodwork now that the update is out, and as usual with Orange updates - it disappoints.

Guest Palindrome

I've got a Dane-Elec 256Mb card. Battery life seems to be improved, but won't know how much until I use the phone at work tomorrow.

Guest Foxy2k

9 Hours since I took it off charge. Battery is at 77%. But thats with the card that orange supplied. So 2.5% down an hour is alright. I did recieve messages so the phone wasn't completely inactive. I think thats a mild improvement.

Guest Rob_Quads

Has there been any offical response to why the battery life is so crap? When the phone was released it had a claimed 3 days life (at least i think). Even if i don't have an SD card in, BT off and make no calls my phone does not even last that long.

Guest Vector

OK, I fully charged my E200, took SD Card out, ran beersofts batttery monitor app and left it for an hour.

Coming back to check, it says it has only lost 2% and i have still got 2days and 14 hours left (!)

Where as when i left the SD Card in, it said it had only 1 and a half days left!

Looks like the SD Card problem isn't completely fixed to me....! :)

Got the Orange 8mb card in, battery life is greatly improved after update, not used the phone much today but when i had the card in before the update with similar usage the battery drained. Not scientific result but all appears good. Is there a pattern to the drainage, any particular card make, size, layers etc?

Guest Vector

Right

Last night at 8:30pm i took the SD Card out, the phone was fully charged and i left it over night.

Since then it has only lost 9% compared to quite a bit more when i have the SD Card in, why can't orange fix something properly?!?

Guest spockie

You know, i'm beginning to think it's a hardware issue, cos the Disable SD card utilty that is found in MODACO does not really help the problem either plus with the new ROM. Furthermore, if you put in a dummy card, it still drains battery fast!. How about that!

They should reacll the phones man, and fix the stupid circuitry in the SD slot.

Guest Baddass

im using the 32mb card ii got free from orange and b4 the rom update it DID make a difference having it out.........not tho it seems the battery is a LOT better with the card in, hardly went down at all over night, seems good, gunna leave it on and see how much longer it lasts :)

Guest rikwebb

My battery life has improved dramatically (no actual measure yet, but its still going strong where it would have normally run out), and I am using a 256MB 'sagatek' SD card.

'sagatek' --- I hear tou say!, When I peeled the lable off, just under the blue plastic, I could see it said Sandisk.......

Perhaps its only with certain brands of SD card ??

Rik

Guest rikwebb

Just thought......

I wonder if the manufacturers state how much power their cards use per hour - or something like that.

I seem to remember this being discussed in a PPC forum somewhere, some guys where getting poor battery life on thier PPC's with certain types of memory cards ??!!!!

Rik

Guest Simon Desser

I suppose different makes and size of cards could make a bit of a difference, BUT that doesn't change the fact that I had no problems with the same card in my SPV nor my E100 :?

Therefore, I can only conclude that the fault (whatever it is) lies totally with the E200 :?: