Battery Life since E200 UK Update!!!

Guest Simon Desser

Would really like to know if some cards are better than others when it comes to battery life, being completely selfish, want to buy a decent sized card, but don't want to be totally dependant on the charger. Maybe a poll of the most popular cards?

Guest Vector

I have ordered a 512mb Sandisk card from ebuyer and it should be arriving Wednesday! :lol:

UPDATE: This afternoon i decided to try reinstalling the E200 update.

I reinstalled it and then cleared Storage, and now my battery life seems MUCH improved with my SD card IN than it was before reapplying! :?

it's only lost 6% in nearly 5hours with SD in :lol:

Fingers crossed it doesn't suddenly take a big dip :lol:

And no, i won't be sending he 512 back :)

Guest tony_man

Hi

The first two days after the update battery was discharging at 5% an hour

Today its going down at < 3% in 2.5 hours!

can anyone say if the RoM update (sic since you can't write to rom) changed the charging circuit/software of the battery?

Good gawd Tuesdays are such fun!

Txxx

Guest Simon Desser

I've now put a San Disk 256mb card in my E200, and the battery life is VASTLY IMPROVED :) It's now dropping about 1.75% per hour as opposed to anything between 3.5 and 5.5% with my Lexar card :shock:

BUT (and this is a big BUT) using my San Disk or my Lexar card made no difference whatsoever to the battery, before the update, or on my SPV or my E100 :?: :?: :?:

Guest ferret

Well I've always used my Scan Disk 256Mb in original SPV and e200 (pre and post update) and the battery life is still shocking :) losing 5-7% an hour.

Don't know much about SD cards but mine's got a white tab and AR0304LR on the back. Hmmmmm, the plot thinkens ....

Damn you all with Scan Disk cards and a good battery life, I can't even go to work and take the phone down the pub without it dying long before last orders.

Guest Captain Vallo

Nothing too scientific but initial findings are extremely promising:

Set up as before update (ie no SD card or blank) remove IA caller id programme.

Using BI BMT 1.0.2

Average use for me over 12 hours results in 77% remaining

Previous ROM: would have been lucky to have 30% left

Guest londonlad

i think the update just changed the ratios, so it takes more time to discharge from 100% to 90% and discharges quicker from 90% to 80% and so on :)

i was hoping IA havent sorted out the caller id sucking the battery dry thingy. cos its still on me phone. do you think removing it will result in a better battery life?

Guest tony_man

LondonLad

Thats exactly the same here!!

100 - 90% takes an age

Still only lasts a day!

I am sure someone will develop a fat, all week, battery !

lol!

Guest Simon Desser

Sorry guys but I don't agree that they've simply changed the ratios :?

Ignoring what the meters/ratios are saying, with my Lexar card, the phone would turn off after about 18 - 20 hours of stand by with hardly any use :cry:

Since last night, changing SD cards, it's been going for 24 hours, and I've been hammering it, playing WMA's and games, and it still says it's got 30% left :?

Guest Jay247

Davidrm,

your experience with re-installing the update and clearing the storage is an interesting one: what if the problem isn't in the brand of SD card, but rather in the E200 using it? My point is that if you've got ringtones, pictures and apps on the card it will be accessed all the time-- whereas when it's empty (i.e. after your new upgrade) it can time out and give the battery a break? Maybe Simon's (old) Lexar card has got something on it that keeps the E200 busy accessing it, while on his new card it's missing.

So those of you who can report battery improvements without SD card, please have a look what you're using it for and let us know to verify that theory.

Guest Captain Vallo

live test continued:

Well its 24 hours now and battery is at 62% so thats about 1% drain per hour of no use..

Ratios changed....maybe, but my battery performance is without question dramatically better

Guest londonlad

got 72% including half an hour of gameboy. im just waiting to see if my phone lasts more that it usually does, signs are good so far.

Guest Captain Vallo

Update continued

48 hours - 21% remaining

Conclusion - Very good compared to pre update, and unlike others on this forum, I have experienced no other problems at all other than volume may be just a littlle too low.

Guest Vector

Well i have got my new Sandisk 512 SD Card and the battery life is much better than with the Lexar 256 :)

My phone has been running for 18hrs and i still have 77% left :lol::D

Guest londonlad

well, got two days out of it, same as pre update, but battery life is definately improved so i can worry bout the need to find a charger less :)

like captain vello said i havent had any probs either, did find it hard to hear on the train thou :cry:

Guest Vector

The battery has now been going for 35 hours and i have 56% of my battery left! :)

that's a huge improvement on what i was getting before :lol:/

Guest lister7474

Im sending mine back, it cuts out randomly, charge it all night and its 50%!! naf. Someone invent a good battery, and then shove it down HTCs throat and see if they get the message

Guest Pondrew
Im sending mine back, it cuts out randomly, charge it all night and its 50%!! naf.  Someone invent a good battery, and then shove it down HTCs throat and see if they get the message

hehe :)

I like your thinking!

Davidrm: great news mate, wish mine was that much improved...

I had a 2 day battery life pre-update with little use. Post-update it wouldn't last a day. Not prepared to accept this nor the SD card causing lockupss. main reason i updated was to get rid of the buzzing noise in the speaker during calls. Getting my phone replaced by Orange later today hopefully without the new update installed. Not happy but prepared to live with that awful speaker.

• 3 weeks later...