ClearType Off

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers

The new e200 rom permanently turns ClearType on. Even modding the registry I can see no way of turning it off.

Can one of the bods develop a program to turn ClearType for all of us non-fans.

Guest tooney

This must be possible as it was done the other way round when the E200 first launched, turning cleartype on. I don't understand why there has not been a reverse version of it released yet as it appears to just be a case of changing a 1 to a 0 in a registry key. I guess the makers of the original tweak love cleartype and think we all should keep it too. Oh well roll on the newer Windows Mobile devices with proper higher res screens, until then we'll have to squint at our 'improved' blurry screens.

Guest Pagemakers

Sadly, you can not just turn ClearType off using the registry as you did before the update.

The new OS will not let you remove the ClearType keys from the registry.

Phone unlocked or not.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Whats wrong with cleartype :?: IMO it makes everything look much neater :?: Get used to it also - does make you feel a bit drunk to start with lol.

Guest spacecowboy6982

I know - knew someone was gonna say that lol but to be honest "I" couldnt really tell the difference other than it looked just a little neater :?:

Good luck in finding a solution tho :!:

Guest nedge2k

Ive been tryin but the PHM editor crashes when searchin! Found two cleartype values and set them to 0 with .cabs. and still nothing. The 2k3 sdk wont connect to my device and gives errors so i cant search remotely. If anyone has the 2k3 sdk can the do a search for clertype?

Guest Pagemakers

Orange told me this, but sadly it does not work either!

To get rid of ClearType - remove the registry keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemGDIClearType

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEGDISYSFNTQt

and then reboot.

To return to ClearType - add the registry keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemGDIClearTypeQuality as a DWORD of value '1'

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEGDISYSFNTQt as a DWORD of value '5'

and then reboot.

Guest nedge2k

There is another Cleartype value in

HKLMSoftwareMicrostoftShell

Which was set to 1 but ive now put it to 0. With that and the other values set to 0, f**king cleartype is still there! Will we never be rid of this!?

Guest nedge2k
To get rid of ClearType - remove the registry keys  

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEGDISYSFNTQt

and then reboot.

Did you actually delete these keys or set the data of the values inside them to "0"? If so, how did you delete them coz whilst playing around with this a made a few too many reg values :oops: and can only set them to "0" instead of deleteing them. What xml did you use for the .cab's?

Just rang O and they told me its an MS problem and to call them on: 08706010100

Who did you get throught to? I was talking to lvl1 support who were talking to lvl2 for me :roll: Didnt know anything...idiots.

Guest tooney

If you added values with a cab you should be able to remove them with remove programs in settings.

I've used cabs to set all these values to 0 but still no joy. They stay on 0 after reboot but cleartype stays on. There must be another value hidden somewhere, it's just a matter of time before someone finds it or gets some sense out of O or MS.

Guest Rob.P

I like cleartype anyway but didn't like the fact that the font after the update looked all skinny and weak so I applied the cleartype.cab tweak again and the font now seems to be in bold which looks alot better.

Guest martin

This may not help cos i'm using the SPV and you probably already know this but what the hell :)

I can turn clear type on/off for Internet Explorer using the following.

HKEY_L_MSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrent VersionInternet Settings

Values

ClearTypeText (o=off, 1=on)

Phone reset

Probably different for the E200 ?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Pagemakers

Problem is some things look good with clear type and others awful.

I am sure in the next update there will be an on off option, or at least I hope.

Posted from my SmartPhone!