Losing bluetooth since update?

Guest kevlar

Guest kevlar

OK, last week I posted a few comments about the update, including losing the connection to my headset mid call. Well this has happened to me 4 times now, but today I had a bit more time to investigate it, I noticed my Plantronics m3000 is actually switching off, not just losing the connection. The headset can be switched straight back on, and the battery isn't low. Is it possible that the E200 is turning the headset off or is my headset faulty?. I know it sounds unlikely that the E200 is causing this but it never happened before the update, and I use the headset a lot so I would have noticed. I suppose it could just be a co-incidence.

I know somebody else said they were losing their connection mid call. Anybody else experiencing this?

Kevlar

Guest Rusty

I expereienced this a couple of times earlier this week, turned out my M3000 had turned itself off aswell, it'd only just been charged aswell :?

i've got a bt gps and that's thrown the connection a few times where bluetooth has reverted to off.. i thought it was down to the two argueing and the phone throwing a sulk. Posted from my SmartPhone!

exactly same fault here m3000 powers down! and call is swapped back to phone..

Sounds like it's a compatibility problem, but out of interest do you have any other bluetooth phones in the car (as i put it down to my other phone 'polling' and crashing the headset.)

Will

Guest kevlar

No, I only have E200 and M3000. When the headset commits suicide the phone stays in bluetooth headset mode, people can here me cursing the F$%*&$% phone then I disconnect the call myself with the hang up key.

Question, who made the update?, orange, HTC or Microsoft? Orange customer services said it wasn't their fault but Microsofts!

Kevlar

Mines doing it constantly, under observation it appears that the timer symbol (to indicate processor thinking) pops up whenever i decide not to turn as directed by mapopolis thus forcing it to calculate new route whilst still trying process the constant stream of data from the gps mouse via the e200's bt serial port... I think the processor load causes a conflict which totally resets blue tooth to the 'off' option... also had an occasion when using headset + mapopolis at same time, answered call ok, heard caller ok, couldn't hear me tho... mmm

Guest Flopsy

Getting exactly the same. About 50% of my calls are terminated by my Plantronics M3000 turning itself off about 1-2 minutes in. All since update. I think we have a bug here. But what do we do about it?

I noticed the same issue with my M3000. I did the "clear storage, reflash, and clear storage again" trick and it SEEMS to have alleviated the issue, but I haven't tested completely yet. I'll post more tonight or tomorrow after some more testing.

On a side note, Sprite Backup did a wonderful job of restoring my phone after the reset :D (once I managed to do the OTA app-unlock, which of course required me to set up my T-Mobile GPRS again, which is another issue all together :evil: ).

EDIT: Sadly, it seems to have increased the reliability but not completely - I still have the problem ;)

anyone experienceing this problem when the ONLY items using bluetooth are the e200 and headset (without gps's other phones etc near)

Will

Guest kevlar

Will, I have no other bluetooth items, except dongle but thats in the house!.

I was just using it 1/2 hour ago, completed a short call successfully, hung up using headset button. 5 minutesd later a call came in, headset didn't cut in so I had to pick the phone up and answer the usuall way. After completing this call I checked the headset and guess what? it was off. This is the first time it has switched itself off while not taking a call. I am going to perform a test, i'm going to switch the headset on and leave it on for a few hours, without the E200 in bluetooth mode, to see if it switches off or not. I'm still quite sure it's the e200 causing this, it never before the update, worked almost flawlessly. I'll post findings later.

Kevlar :x

Guest kevlar

My Plantronics M3000 has now been on, but not connected to the E200, for 2 hours. No sign of it crapping out. Orange, you F****D up the bluetooth. I am going to ring orange now, and do my best to get this pile of shite replaced. :x :x :x :x :x

Kevlar

Guest wagamama

working ok (ish) so far with my e200 post update. Am using a BT200 headset, though I've noticed sound quality has deteriorated considerably.... :D Haven't noticed the disconnecting tho.

I wear my BT headset on my right ear. Put my phone into my left pocket, and I can barely hear the person. Put the phone into the right pocket and the quality is better.... errr that never happened before. It works fine in the car tho... very wierd...

Guest mattyboy

I have an M3000 and have been having exactly the same problem since the update. Have now resorted back to using the wired handsfree.... brilliant.

I do have the same problem, already went to my local orange shop, they removed my bonding and the guy told me , he had to do that every week....

something else... after installing the updat e i seem to badword up bluettoth by renaming my bluetooth device and due to problems with my (plantronics) headset...

I got the rror, devind not found or pin is wrong, well, it needs to find the device in order to be able to say that the pin is wrong... and pin is default 0000 and not adjustable....

had to hardreset (installed uk update) to get it to work....

i think its crap, I cannot count on it.... which is the entire point while in my car isn't?

Guest Thurstan

Sorry I'm a bit late on this one, but I've been out of theloop for a bit - I was having the same problem with E200/M3000.

I've recently had my phone replaced (THIRD handset to go down the toilet because of the joystick refusing to navigate downwards) and this hasn't happened with it yet.... but I'll keep my ear out for if it does.

BTW - can't ActiveSync via Bluetooth since update... gutted.