New ROM avaible for Qtek8080!!

Guest daffy

Guest daffy

The version is: 1.7.10.4

what's new:

Bluetooth improved (BT serialport now avaible)

MMS management improved

Battery autonomy (with memory card) improved

Soon others details...I am testing it now too

Guest t3dluke

Whats call quality like? Does it buzz when recording video? And how clear is the sound with a bluetooth headset when its in your pocket?

Guest Burzum
The version is: 1.7.10.4

what's new:

Bluetooth improved (BT serialport now avaible)

MMS management improved

Battery autonomy (with memory card) improved

Soon others details...I am testing it now too

I installed the new ROM yesterday.

What can I say?

I think this is an hybrid ROM (for new Qtek8060 and the "old" 8080).

The battery autonomy is not improved at all... :lol:

Instead MMS and Blootooth are really improved. :)

Then, there is a new (err..I think it's new... i hadn't ever seen this before :? ) option called "clear storage": it works like the hard reset.

At last i think the refresh rate of cam is increased (but maybe it's only my thought... unfortunately the changelog is not available :lol: )

If you want to test the ROM i can put it in sharing on Overnet (it's about 15MB).

EDIT---> I forgot three things:

-There is not cleartype by default

-The volume of the speaker is lower

-This e200screenfix doesn't work anymore :lol:

My ROM version on my Qtek 8080 purchased in February is: 1.7.10.2

And I have Clears storage funktion.

And battery life is "not" so bad as you guys claimd on your SPV200 before update, but I am still asahmed when my friends ask about battry life :)

To be honest I have to admit that a lot of problems mentioned at this forum concerning SPV200 I've never experinced.

I want to know who released this update. I mailed to my swedish distributour of Qtek phones and they told me that update is on the way, but when I checked their website today, after I read this thread, ther is nothing about it yet.

Is it official?

Guest Burzum
My ROM version on my Qtek 8080 purchased in February is: 1.7.10.2
This new rom is 1.7.10.4

They are quite equal :lol:

And I have Clears storage funktion.

Good :)

I want to know who released this update. I mailed to my swedish distributour of Qtek phones and they told me that update is on the way, but when I checked their website today, after I read this thread, ther is nothing about it yet.

Is it official?

The ROM was released by Dangaard and distributed by pocketpcitalia.com (only for their customers).

Guest lonegunman

Thanks, give me a mo to start up ICQ and I will be with you, as for the it being against the law, thats up to me as I'm the one hosting it.

Guest madds

I agree that a rom update sharing is not warez.

The only illegal thing i see in here is the fact that daangard has a rom for some qtek users and not to all of them.

when the first upgrades for the spv started appearing they were free to download for anyone. Can´t see the point why this specific updateb is for pocketpcitalia.com users. But that's ok with me.

Reporting this post to the moderators doesn't seem to be a nice thing to, since this kind of upgrades have never been private or restricted for a usergroup. Come'on and let's face that this is a bad moove from qtek.

PS: Does this rom upgrade contains the portughese T9??? Thank's

Guest daffy
PS: Does this rom upgrade contains the portughese T9??? Thank's

The t9 languages are: Danish, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish and....Portuguese :)

Guest lonegunman

Hang on not even had time to write this to me phone yet :) will be uploaded in the next hour or so as I'm in the middle of seeing if I can downgrade to the 1.6 e200 rom as so many people are having problems with the lastest ornage one.

Guest squall

my view on this is that this rom is not on release to the general public for download, so if people use the rom that they are not intitled to use it warez.

It falls into the same category as java - the mio has java smartphone games on free release to mio owners, however if non java users use these roms then it breaks the terms and conditions of release and hence is warez.

Guest madds

The t9 languages are: Danish, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish and....Portuguese :)

daffy, you have just put a smile on my face!

Hope to get my hands on it soon!!!

Despite i don't have any of the flaws like the e200 users, only a short battery life!.

Guest midnight

actually squal is correct, if this update is for Dangaard customers only (i presume the only method is to put in your login and password) then not only would it be illegal to distribute (its still copyrighted), its also unwise to install on any other phone (and invalidates your warranty).

The same goes for the Orange roms, this is meant for Orange customers only and isnt recommended for anyone else as lots of carrier specific features are included with the updates (eg mms settings, gprs settinsg etc)

Guest lonegunman

Yes YOUR VIEWS not mine or anyone else's. (and you have never done anything wrong in life so far?) also if asked I will remove it as it says on my homepage.

Guest catenaccio

I have 2 SPV E200 ...one with the latest french orange rom and another with the latest UK rom....

i tried installing this update from QTEK anbd this error appears:

error 117:invalid model ID

I also had an SPV in the past....but i managed to install the qtek rom....

does anyone know if it´s possible to install qtek8080 rom on a spv e200?

thank you

Guest lonegunman

Its not as easy as it used to be, people on hereknow how to by pass all the checks but will not tell how to do it, so it is not much use to anyone unless you have a 8080. (now can you see why people like me have brought a XDA as a least you get help on problems like this :) )

Guest lonegunman

Installed and running :)

Think what you have to do is APP-UNLOCK the phone (I did that from the web site) as that is all I did and it run first time after getting all the erorrs.