New ROM avaible for Qtek8080!!

Guest daffy

Guest petvas
Installed and running :)  

Think what you have to do is APP-UNLOCK the phone (I did that from the web site) as that is all I did and it run first time after getting all the erorrs.

How can I unlock the phone??

Guest lonegunman

What phone you have? as if E200 you can do it OTA as the old way (with the files don't seem to work on the E200 after update) or if you have any of the other Voyager phones you can use the old way as that how I APP-UNLOCKED the Qtek rom.

Guest petvas

Well, it is certainly strange. When I initially installed Smartfilter an error message came up informing me that the phone is locked. I reinstalled the application and everything works great!!!

who knows what happened...

Guest lonegunman

to check if the phone is fully unlocked (app only) try and install the Futurama home screen form the home screen part of the forum if that installs no problem then you know the phone is fully app unlocked.

Guest catenaccio

Lonegunman: you managed to do it? do you also have a SPV e200? or do you have a 8080?

i app-unlocked the phone but i still can´t upgrade my e200 to qtek´s new rom :)

Guest lonegunman

Yep, as I said I had to APP-UNLOCK it before it would run, I run it from the bootloader screen with sim and sd card in, also my phone is sim-unlocked as well not sure if that is needed or not, make sure you are upgrading with just the cradle plugged in to the usb port and nothing else as this can sometimes causes problems.

Guest petvas

I am using the new ROM since yesterday evening and I can say that I am happy with it!!!

Bluetooth Connectivity with my iPaq 4150 works flawlessly now!!! I can finally use my Qtek 8080 to connect my iPaq to the internet through GPRS.

Call quality has also improved. The speaker is now clearer but not as loud as before (better)

Battery Life seems to be better also..

Now I can finally say that the Qtek 8080 is a full featured smartphone that runs the best OS!!!!

Guest daffy
I am using the new ROM since yesterday evening and I can say that I am happy with it!!!

Bluetooth Connectivity with my iPaq 4150 works flawlessly now!!! I can finally use my Qtek 8080 to connect my iPaq to the internet through GPRS.

Call quality has also improved. The speaker is now clearer but not as loud as before (better)

Battery Life seems to be better also..

Now I can finally say that the Qtek 8080 is a full featured smartphone that runs the best OS!!!!

:D ;) :lol: :P :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest xweave

hi daffy..is that possible to tell me the link to qtek8080 rom...or the way to get the update rom since i'm using qtek8080 and wanna upgrade to the latest rom

Guest daffy
hi daffy..is that possible to tell me the link to qtek8080 rom...or the way to get the update rom since i'm using qtek8080 and wanna upgrade to the latest rom

contact me on icq or msn