Skins - Most wanted

Guest Gmaxx

Guest Gmaxx

Hi, simple post really, whats the most wanted kind of skin people want :D

If you want it, I'll try and design it, I'm sure others will too :wink:

(Might need help from others, if you want special xml coding though :? )

Guest mavisdavis

:DNeed the xml writing to fit this background if ya could. oh yeah you'll need the analog clock plugin from mad beatle + add SMS n Date + small MRU at the bottom of the page and it would be ace.

I have tried but to no avail. :roll:

Thanks.

mickey clock.jpg

Guest Gmaxx

Ah! i have the same prob, i can design, but can't code to save my life. :wink:

I've got a clock that would work in my naruto theme, but couldn't tell you how to reposition or resize it :!:

Anyone else good at coding who could help :?:

Please :D

Guest crafty

Hi there, how about the below homescreen that i have knocked up? It's the first homescreen i've put together from scratch (well nicking bits from other hoomescreens and then fiddling with it!) so i hope you like it.

With respect to setting up the clock plugin, there is a program that helps you configure it, which you can download from here.

Mickey.zip

Screen Shot.JPG

Guest crafty

@jasonkruys are you looking for a whole homescreen or just some backdrops? If it's the latter you can use pretty much any picture, just resize it to 176x200 pixels and save it in IPSM(Storage)Application DataHome and you will be able to set it as your wall paper.

Below are a few pictures i knocked up for you, just right click on them and save as..., then transfer them to your phone. Let me know if you need a specific theme for them, but they should work with any simple theme:

Hope this helps :D

Wall.jpg

Night.jpg

Light.jpg

Day.jpg

Dark.JPG

Dark2.JPG

Blurry.jpg

Guest Jasonkruys

The Backdrops will do nicely for the moment thanks a lot ;)

I am trying to put together a whole homescreen, with the MRU plugin, maybe the clock and tasks plugins. At the moment I am using the MyLuna homescreen and am trying to kinda bodge that into an MG one, with very, very, little success :D

Guest mavisdavis

:D Just chucked this together with photoshop and a couple of images from google Just needs a layout to over it now if ya want anything moving around or want the PS file then drop a PM or respond on here:D

MGTF.jpg

Guest kurtfhouse

How about some Smallville screens for the menu, alert, volume, media player etc... I am currently making a full theme. The home screen looks great and I have made the other screens but they look a bit naf. I'm limited by the fact I only have paint on my pc and buying better software just for my phone seems a touch ott.

Should be a good theme, when its finished I will post it.

Its a tall order I know so I will continue to improve on the theme myself but if someone did help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Guest muzzio_giovanni

So I need a xml code that visualize, in a homescreen, the livel of the battery in numeric text mode ( for ex. : "batt : 70%") and also in this way the livel of the signal.Is possible make it?

Guest RichieRich

Hey, just picked up on this thread, and thought i'd see if you could make an E200 owner's dream come true!!

Is it possible to have the osx homescreen (with the RJ plugins, so all the icons work) and also add the RJ analogue clock plugin as well?

So it'll still be the same ol' osx home screen with all the screens and functionality that has, but in the left hand corner (or wherever is possible) would be an analogue clock.

Can it be done?? If so, can it be done by YOU????

Will be biting my nails in anitcipation....

Richie Rich!

Guest mavisdavis

Glad my Micky screen inspired you to go that little bit further. love the missed call screen. is it to much trouble to add a profile plug in aswell. it dont matter if not i'l give it a try. ( I gotto learn some day i suppose)

Guest crafty

@Jasonkruys

I know that Gmaxx has already knocked up an MG Skin for you but i had already started mine and thought there's no better way to improve at homescreen design than practice so... ta da!

Hope you like it - now you have a choice! I wasn't sure when you said you wanted tasks whether you meant the appointment plugin or the oustanding tasts plugin?!? I guessed at the appointments one (which i have included) but let me know if you meant the other one.

Crafty

8)

MG.zip

MG.gif

Guest drblow

Go ahead crafty!! :D Thats good work fella, I like the MG clock! :wink:

Really the best way to get into skinning the phone is just dive straight in and start mucking about with stuff!! It's good to see that this thread is encouraging people to try things out.

@ RichieRich - it should be releatively easy to do what you want with the osx homescreen. Why not follow the lead in this thread & try it out for yourself!!?? Just download & install the RJtime plugin, and you can simply cut & paste the relevant section of the xml into the osx file. Once you then see where it fits on your screen, you can try changing an "x" or "y" value somewhere, & see what it does. Once you can do that, you are a fully qualified professional xml programmer!! :wink:

Really, it's easy!! ;) If you have any trouble, give us a shout - or if you really don't wanna do it, then let me know & I'll have a look at it for ya! OK?? :shock:

Guest Jasonkruys

:D ;) Cheers Guys! I will put them both on my phone

@Crafty:

I kinda meant the tasks plugin, I feel without it the tasks thingy is kinda useless. TBH If the tasks plugin, appointments, and alarm plugins could all be fitted on that would be awesome. In fact to have the usual sms, email, answrphone indication, profile and network as well lol. I'm so greedy. I will have another play and see what I can do, but if you fancy giving me a hand it would be much appreciated :wink:

The MG Clock looks awesome, and you couldnt have picked a better picture, as I have that exact car, in that colour, with those wheels :lol: :P :D

Installed the homescreen, but it looks a tad different, and the clock isnt shown as it is in your gif, have I done something wrong? I have the latest rjtime plugin installed, do i need a different one? :oops:

Guest muzzio_giovanni

Hi guys I would like to use an homescreen of MG too but for is importanti visualize two information in text mode and in percentage value i'm speaking of the battery meter ( for example " 50%") and signal of the mobile operator (also this kind) so please can someone help me? thanks.

Guest crafty

@Jasonkruys - Well i decided to have a go at extending the homescreen to include all of the plugins that you wanted. I thought that the best way to have all that information would be to use the Orange Ãœber Plugin. So i've dived in headfirst and taught myself how to use it (with a little help from Dr Blow :D) and hope that you like the results. I really like the way that this plugin lets you put multiple plugins within it on the same row and hope that you like the results.

Plugins include: Full page Missed Call, Mail, Send Recieve Mail (statscat's shortcut), Tasks, MRU, Calander, Alarm, Carrier Date, Profile, Ringtone, Bluetooth On/Off and Connect to AvtiveSync via BT. It also features the analog clock in every coloumn.

The homescreen uses the Mad Beetle analogue clock plugin and Oxios tasks plugin (don't worry if you don't have Oxios To Do list it still shows the tasks in the default tasks app, just gives you a message when you click on it) which i have included in the zip. Haven't worked out CABs yet (next on my list!) so you'll need to unzip the file, install the Analoge Clock and Tasks plugins, then copy the following files to StorageApplication DataHome : MG2.home.xml, MG2 Wallpaper.JPG, MG2 Missed Call.JPG, Icons.dll

I've also knocked out a quick IA Caller ID pit to go with the color scheme - i can't take any credit for designing it - i just changed the colors to suite the theme. Included is the pit file and a file called Call.gif which you'll need to set as the default backround (by entering its path in HKLMSoftwareMicrsoftShellRai:Callalert (values) BKBitmapFile - in the Value Data field enter the path that you saved the file to e.g. StorageMy DocumentsIA Caller ID PhotosCall.gif).

Below are screen shots of the homescreen and the Caller ID template and the zip containing all the files. Hope you enjoy it!

MG2.zip

Caller ID.gif

MG2 Screenshot.gif

Guest ivor biggun

Could someone do a Mclaren Formula one homescreen for me, ive tried with theme generator but they look terrible! Cheers in advance :wink:

Guest Jasonkruys

:D That's great. I'll give it a go, but I have a suspicion I cant use it on my E100? I'll have a play and see if I can make it work. That is awesome crafty, absolutely awesome. ;) :lol: