8390 in UK

Guest Blakey

Guest Blakey

Anyone from the UK got an 8390? If so, which provider are you using? Where did you get it from? How much was it? And how do you find it?

Thanks

Blakey

Hey man, i have one

use it on all networks, mostly O2 coz off the free gprs and wap.

got it form Taiwan - know a guy there

Price to expensive!! lol

hope it helps

"Z"

Guest Blakey

Hey Zim,

Do you have an O2 contract then? And did you buy the Mio unlocked? Is it running WS 2003 or 2002?

Thanks for the help

Blakey

Guest Blakey

I can pick it up for less than £250 on ebay from someone highly recommended on this board (x1387). I'm very tempted. Is that a good deal? I think its a great deal right now because of the exchange rates between here and the US.

How come you get free Wap and GPRS on O2?

Blakey

P.S. Cheers for the help!

Hey mate, yeah he is good, but 250 is the handset, then the dilivery and then import duty! so its gonna be about 300+ish at then end of it! TRUST ME I KNOW!!! lol lol :)

"Z"

The 300mins free wap they have, dam comes in handy! lol.

yeah the price just skys. mine was lets say around 350mark, came with 2batteries which is the best part. so handy having an extra battery.

was thinking about selling, but donno yet.. lol

"Z"

Guest Blakey

Why thinking about selling? What don't you like about it? I might be interested in picking it up second hand. :-)

What do you do if you have problems with the phone if you've bought it from the states?

Thanks again for the help!!

Lol, i love it but to be honest dont use it as much as i did my e100 and svp, i got an ipod now , so dont use the phone as an mp3 player. i have a PPC now, so dont use it much for that idea. dont play much games. on my mobile. though doom is amazing on it! - so i havent justified the the amount i paid to how much i use it. but then again its an amazing phone..

well if u have a problem...well u kinda screwed, coz i havent come accross a service center yet.

"Z"

Guest Blakey

I have a T610 and an iPaq 1910 and am trying to combine them into one device - hence really tempted by the smartphones. The XDA II is fab but too bulky to my mind hence the Mio (which seems to be the best smartphone out there at the moment) is tempting me. It sounds like it'll do everything I want.

However, I'm not keen on the whole lack of support if something goes wrong issue, so maybe I'll just sit tight and wait for the MPx220 - that looks like it's gonna be a lovely piece of kit - and should be available on contract on O2 here sooner or later...

Thanks!

Blakey

Hey mate dont get me wrong u can get it serviced if u in the states there are mitac centers, not it the uk tho. but i had a problem with mine with the lcd screens timing, send it to mitac tiwan got a brand new shinnny updated mio! hee hee

so the service is there :) thou the moto 220 will be good, but i am waithing for the MPX and that will be my phone/pda in one!

"Z"

Guest Blakey

The MPX does seem powerful but I'm not sure it's pocket sized enough for me. Oh, and from the pics I've seen it looks ugly! :-)

Shall wait and see what the future holds for smartphones and pocket pcs I think...

Blakey