Pocket Streets 2004 - on SP 2002?

Guest bartio1975

Guest bartio1975

Any one have anyluck?

I tried to install it with Active Sync. Didnt work. I coudn't see the app shortcut in the start menu. I tried browsing it in the folders.. Its not there. Then I went to IPSM/Windows/AppMgr/Install folder and clicked on the .cab file manually. It looked it like it installed for a second, but actually no!

I removed the files from the Install dir and uninstalled form my pc as well and redid everything.. But didnt help! I have installed PacMan, Smartris, PHM registry editor without any problems. So we can rule out permissions to install apps right?

I'm confused! I thought it will be cool to take maps on my phone! But..

I noticed that the XML file that is in the Install folder is not exactly correct in terms of tags? Can someone tell me if that could be a problem? (Refer to attached file, remove txt and open in IE. It shows tag errors)

Microsoft Pocket Streets.CAB.xml.txt

Microsoft Pocket Streets.CAB-Corrected.xml.txt

Guest mebobola

Where did you get your copy? I bought mine from Handango and it installed fine. No probs, works great! You are right, it comes in handy when you are traveling on business and can't find the hotel. Good Luck.

Guest bartio1975

Mebobola: Can you upload your file Microsoft Pocket Streets.CAB.xml. My XML file didn't look right and some of the end tags were missing.

I got it as part of my new laptop software bundle.

Guest Jonny_doe

Is this app good ??

I mean is it worth the money ??

do they off a trial ??

it sounds very good , but i'd like to know what other people think of this app , thanks

Guest bartio1975

I wont say it is worth every penny. But better than not having it!

You cannot do door-to-door directions like in mapopolis's Navigator. But then, Navigator maps cost a lot compared to pocket streets maps which is free.

You can download a beta version of Mapopolis Navigator for smartphone and see how it is. With Pocket Streets you have to download individual maps for cities. They dont have maps for the entire state. Only important cities. It is good to locate ATM's, restaurants in the city. I dont think there are any trial downloads for Pocket Streets though.

Hope my info was helpful to you.

Guest shadamehr

Just to remind all of you complaining about the lack of cities...

As far as I recall, the Smartphone works the same as the PPC, in that, if you have Autoroute, simply zoom on the PC to the map area you would like, and then export it as a Pocket Streets map, and copy to phone.

That way, ANY map you want is available.

Someone please let me know if this is NOT the case for the Smartphone...

Guest mebobola

That is the case. I use the PC version to make the map that I will need on my business trip and then transfer it to my SD Card.